Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

FunDad62

So I told everyone about my Disney World woe's and not being able to go because of the hurricane and my season pass expiring that same week?  And Disney said "sorry" when I called and asked for an extension?  Well I wrote them a letter and mailed it a week and a half ago and low and behold, a very nice lady from there called me Monday and was very apologetic and said she was giving me 3 extra months on my season pass!  How awesome is that?!!?  Now that's the Disney I've come to know and appreciate over the years!

janice21475
On 9/23/2019 at 11:00 AM, Tanikit said:

Its been a long while since I was on these forums.

Delighted to see your name on the list. Very glad to have you back and improving. Sending love and greetings your way.  💕       ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

adiantum

Ran that was considerate of you to leave your night time activity up to us to imagine, but wow... 3.1 pds... you work it hard :rofl:

Hammer, i think most countries saw humor in road kill menus but times have changed .  

We now actually care about an animals life & efforts like that app  I mentioned, are to identify the hot spots  & adapt measures to reduce the death toll.

the prices here will tell that its a very old sign....

Roadkill_cafe.jpg

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.

Fundad, it's apparent that Disney knows a thing or two about public relations.  Giving you a three month extension probably costs Disney very little, but by doing that, they have a spokesperson (you) to spread the word for them.  The positive review that you give Disney is far more valuable to them than the three month extension they gave you.  If your positive comments about Disney sway just one person to take their family to Disney, then they made back a lot more than that three month extension cost them, plus, they have another happy customer (you).☺️

Tanikit

It was low this morning - the CGM yelled at me til I treated it and then my sugars went high so by the time I tested with my normal blood glucose machine they were 10.2 (188.7). I find treating lows in the morning very difficult - even two jelly beans is enough to really spike my sugars.

FunDad62
14 hours ago, Hammer said:

An 84 (4.67) today.

Fundad, it's apparent that Disney knows a thing or two about public relations.  Giving you a three month extension probably costs Disney very little, but by doing that, they have a spokesperson (you) to spread the word for them.  The positive review that you give Disney is far more valuable to them than the three month extension they gave you.  If your positive comments about Disney sway just one person to take their family to Disney, then they made back a lot more than that three month extension cost them, plus, they have another happy customer (you).☺️

I agree and I knew I just had to get to the right person.  I called them the week of the storm and the lady I spoke to was nice and put me on hold to check but came back and said sorry, can't extend your pass.  So I tweeted it (my first tweet EVER) and no response.  I posted it on FB.  Nothing.  I got on Disney's website and filled out an online form.  No response.  So I wrote them a letter and mailed it and bingo.  Persistence.  I did that once before a long time ago and got positive results.  I've been going to Disney a looooong time and can't imagine how much money I've spent there over the years.

meyery2k

89 today.  Seeing crocodile on the roadkill sign makes me wonder what it is like.  I have had grilled alligator.  It was, wait for it, much like chicken lol...

adiantum

7.2 Woke early hoping to see the ISS pass over but theres cloud between us.

That sign looks like a remnant from the 60's &  in the outback, certainly not from the suburbs.

I've no idea what any of those listed taste like.. I'm pescetarian.

I suspect all those sausages were beef,pork or chicken.

Crocodiles are now protected by law. 

Laws now also recognise animals as being sentient beings which has me very pleased, although I dont want my dog to read his rights or his demands will be beyond my capabilities  :rofl:

6 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

@adiantum do they really serve crocodile meat?? what is it like?

ran23

There was a Southern Restaurant in town for a while.  they served Alligator, don't recall it much.  surprised the mashed potatoes tasted like KFC.  miss that.

adiantum

talk about remnants of the past.. Ive been in a bad  mood lately, possibly my higher BG but Ive always associated it with S.O.L .

This is a condition Ive always considered a medical term  for "shoot on the liver " .

As a child  mother would either give me worm tablets or a drink of a saline solution  when I'd get SOL.

Now almost a hundred years later google defined it as an Australian colloquialism for a bad mood.

Crikey.. is  there no cure or was mother right & I just need worming  :rofl: 

Tanikit

Still waking up low, have been averaging about 4 (74) for the last 4 hours on the CGM. Libre reads lower so it keeps telling me I'm in the twos - even got a reading of LO out of it when I woke this morning, but it wasn't that low. I have treated the lows a few times with a few jelly beans, but for some reason today they are not spiking me high as normal. I figure today is going to be one of those low days. Maybe I need a temporary basal - the CGM already suspended the basal altogether for two hours and I am still running low.

Adiantum we still sell crocodile meat to dog owners who have itchy dogs. What type of protection do they get?

Never heard of shoot on the liver - I think I might start using that sometimes. And maybe I need to deworm my kids :)