Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Diana_CT

Wednesday I see my endo for my 6 month appointment and I hope to find out why my readings went up. I eat the same  as I used to but my readings are 20 to 30 points higher.

IrinaHarr
15 hours ago, adiantum said:

I've decided against adopting that terrier. It would be awful if my boy didnt welcome her to the family.

He'll have to get used to being an only pooch unless  I can get another Cavalier.

They do prefer their own breeds, its as if they talk the same language.

Probably a good decision although I hope terrier will be adopted by someone else. When my westie was diagnosed with terminal heart failure we decided to get a puppy while she was still alive so that parting with her later would not be so traumatic for us (we had 2 dogs for over a year after getting a puppy). We did not realize how fast and energetic and mischievous new cairn puppy was going to be, he used to nip on westie to play and run around making noise and trying to irritate old dog as much as he possibly can thus putting additional stress on her. On top of that, westie was jealous of every toy and treat, etc. long story short - if I were to do it again I would wait to get a new puppy. I had to keep them apart and having one of two dogs crated at all times is stressful. Never know how two dogs of different age and breed would get along, unless animal shelter would allow to take terrier for a day or two for a trial visit :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

Hooterville

98 this morning.

Adiantum, my sweet Chelsea was a Cavalier.  Sweetest girl in the whole world.

Kit

102 for no good reason.  Was 92 last night about 4 hours after diner.

adiantum

6.6 on the momentous occasion of Dianas birthday.

Diana I hope you  dont  mind if I start on the birthday cake before the day arrives at your place.

I hope your day is filled with happiness.

happy birthday gif

adiantum

Hoot, I'm so glad that you've had the love of a cav, theyre such a special loving  breed.

I've always preferred large dogs, so after my doberman died I returned to the pound hoping to adopt another one....

but came home with a thoroughbred Blenheim Cavalier.

That was my lucky day, and my luck continued 2 years later when I got a tri coloured pup.

He's the first male dog Ive ever had & I love  his sense of adventure. 

Irina, they do allow trial periods but it would break my heart if I had to abandon her  & I'd feel such a failure .

I'm sure her carer will give her all the love & perhaps that will become her forever home.

I often see a Westy in the  park & hes the only dog on a leash.

It seems Mr Independent has a mind of his own & will go wherever he wants with no intentions of returning when called.

That park is represented by many breeds & some  Ive not known before.

adiantum

Yesterdays park visit was laden with stress.

A German Shepherd thought it would be safe to pick up my dogs favourite ball.

The cute little lap dog became a dragon & attacked the Shepherd. 

The Shepherd jumped with the surprise attack & dropped the ball which fluffy retrieved & ran off with it.

He is the luckiest little  boy, but I aged considerably.

Hammer

A 104 (5.77) today.  I sprained my thumb somehow, and that might be why my numbers are high today.

Lee, I know how that feels.  Yeas ago, when I was still married and we had a Yorkie, the Yorkie was a larger Yorkie...about 15 pounds (6.8 kg).  He was all muscle, but he was still a lap dog.  One day, when I got home, I opened the basement door to go in, and he was waiting by the door, once I had the door open a little bit, he bolted out and just started running.  I dropped my lunchbox and started chasing him.  He had done that a few times before, and it always irritated me because when I got home, I'd put a leash on him and take him for a walk.  This particular time, he went running out to chase another dog off of our property, only this other dog was a German Shepard.  I was yelling for him to come back, but he was only interested in protecting his property.  I was surprised when that German Shepard took off running away.  My Yorkie chased him across three lawns before he stopped and came back home.  The lawns in my development are at least 150 feet (45 meters) wide, so he chased this other dog a good ways.  Like you, I kept thinking that this German Shepard could easily kill my dog, but instead, he ran away.  I kept wondering if he ran away because he could smell my dog's scent on my property, and he knew that it wasn't his property, so he ran away.

Kit

The dog I had when growing up was an adorable little mutt.  I can't remember for sure how big she was, but I remember describing her as a small/medium sized dog.  She was small enough I could easily carry her when I was a kid, but not a tiny thing.  It took both arms to hold her.

It was really amusing, and slightly worrying, watch her chase cows.  If they got too close, off she'd go  barking and chase them away from the house.  I don't think they were afraid of her exactly, but maybe she annoyed them enough that it was easier to just move.  :)

The first time she discovered rabbits was hilarious as well.  In her mind we think she just saw them as another type of cat, like squirrels. Unlike cats and squirrels, they would just keep running instead of going up a tree.  So she would literally chase them until she fell over from exhaustion.

She liked to chase things.

Hooterville

86 and I"m preparing for the big PG&E Northern California power shutdown of 2019.   My address is on the list.  No surprise.   I'm definitely in a high fire danger area living in the mountains under a complete canopy of oaks, pines, and madrones.    Prepare for five days with no power, they say...We'll see what happens.