Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Diana_CT

I saw my endo (well not exactly, she is out on maternity leave) I saw the APRN who is filling in for her and she said that my A1C is 7.2 and my eGFR is 49, also so she put me on Januvia and to come back in 3 months and see my regular APRN.

Kit

96 here

Still cruising away doing OMAD.  Doubled my evening walk last night.  I just had so much energy.  Hit 12 miles according to the app I have.  I don't know if that energy is solely due to OMAD or if it may also be related to the introduction of hormones for perimenopause and dropping the SSRI.  Either way, I'm feeling awesome, sleeping great, tons of energy.  All of these changes happened within about 10 days of one another.

Downside, I keep forgetting to drink fluids, especially in the evenings.

Edited by Kit

adiantum

7 for me.

Hammer, I'm sure you didnt need that run after a days work. German Shepherds are the only breed thats bitten me, twice was when I was trying to get another dog out of its mouth. I've been training my boy to be social & he now shares his food but apparently not his favorite  ball ,although he feels its ok to steal other dogs balls. He found this ball in the park & he sleeps with it.

Diana, I hope the Januvia works for you.

Be safe hoot... fires are terrifying

Ive been looking at real estate & becoming misanthrope  I thought  within a forest would suit me but the climate is changing.

I'm too old to escape floods or fires.

Edited by adiantum

adiantum

I reluctantly bought more kerosene yesterday because the weekend is to be cold & wet.

I'm sure my dog was glad of the heater last night, because yesterday the groomer took off his winter coat.

I dont know, why but I get my hair cut as often as he does yet I never look thinner :D

FunDad62

Off to the endo at 10 am this morning.  Be nice to get this annoying monitoring patch off my arm that's been there for two weeks.

meyery2k

88 today.  Spent a good part of last night in the ER with Kala and Nick.  Apparently, Kala had a gall bladder attack.  She said it was the worst pain she ever had.  They did an ultrasound and the stones were small.  For now, they hydrated her and, when the pain eased, she went home.

Kit
3 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

88 today.  Spent a good part of last night in the ER with Kala and Nick.  Apparently, Kala had a gall bladder attack.  She said it was the worst pain she ever had.  They did an ultrasound and the stones were small.  For now, they hydrated her and, when the pain eased, she went home.

Been there!  Poor thing.  She has my sympathy.

Funny thing is, my gall bladder fun started not long after Mr Fuzzy and I got married.

Hey, I could do like the majority of the medical community does in regards to diet.  This means there is a strong correlation between marriage and gall stones.

Marriage causes gall stones!  Marriage is bad for women.  ;)

Edited by Kit

meyery2k

@Kit - I realize everyone is different but, any advice from experience?

With all the time waiting and Kala resting, I had a chance to start "Children of Ruin".  I re-read "Children of Time" to get ready.  It must be well written because I was able to get engrossed into the story in spite of events.  What an interesting species to highlight on this go!

IrinaHarr

129 today, atmospheric pressure rising rapidly... migraine....

Kit
9 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

@Kit - I realize everyone is different but, any advice from experience?

With all the time waiting and Kala resting, I had a chance to start "Children of Ruin".  I re-read "Children of Time" to get ready.  It must be well written because I was able to get engrossed into the story in spite of events.  What an interesting species to highlight on this go!

I know, it was so good.  There's supposed to be a third book coming out and I am not sure where it might go.  heck I had no idea where this one was going either.  It was so much fun finding out and I really enjoyed the characters.  I tend you really like books that don't have a "bad guy" but can still have conflict that keeps dragging you along.

In regards to my snarky comment, I've also been doing a lot of reading about the history of the whole dietary guidelines in America starting with Ansel Keys and to present time.  Bad associations and causes based upon the conclusion people wanted instead of what actually was.

I also got snagged by a podcast from Dr Peter Atilla with 2 others in regards to a book called Estrogen Matters (a subject that has very much become near and dear to my heart the last few years).  The link with estrogen and breast cancer is actually NOT shown in the studies.  In fact, women who have taken estrogen and develop breast caner tend to have much better outcomes.  Women who have had breast cancer and later get pregnant (when told they should not do so because it raises a women's estrogen levels) also tend to have lower re occurrence rates of the tumors.

Estrogen treatment also lowers the rate of heart attacks, heart disease, osteoporosis, dementia, and Alzheimers.

I also found out something I had not known.  Some cancers are insulinagenic (not sure I have the right work there) meaning that high levels of insulin can make them worse.  Two of those cancers are breast cancer and colon cancer.

Edited by Kit

IrinaHarr

meyery2k - I had gallbladder pain in 2010, they scheduled me for laproscopic surgery after the event. Glad they did, because when the surgery was over I was informed gallbladder was slightly inflamed which is equivalent of ticking bomb (like exploding appendix, for example). They kept me in the hospital overnight to make sure there were no complications, I was fully functional next day; sore spot heals after 4-5 days. I have 2 half inch scars on my stomach and one in the bellybutton. Remove it asap is my advice, once you get the pain you got a problem and it is not going to go away.