Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit
21 minutes ago, IrinaHarr said:

meyery2k - I had gallbladder pain in 2010, they scheduled me for laproscopic surgery after the event. Glad they did, because when the surgery was over I was informed gallbladder was slightly inflamed which is equivalent of ticking bomb (like exploding appendix, for example). They kept me in the hospital overnight to make sure there were no complications, I was fully functional next day; sore spot heals after 4-5 days. I have 2 half inch scars on my stomach and one in the bellybutton. Remove it asap is my advice, once you get the pain you got a problem and it is not going to go away.

I agree.  Unless they have come up with another way to treat it, its only going to get worse, and worse, and worse, and worse.

In all honesty, she's lucky.  I went back and forth with doctor offices, ER and similar for 5 years before someone would do anything more than tell me its because I'm female, here's some anti nausea meds (I would projectile vomit when they attacks came, and then have dry heaves after that which could last for days) and talk to my gynecologist.  I have been of the opinion that I finally got treatment (surgery) because I showed up one night at an ER where a female doctor was on duty.  All of a sudden BOOM, I'm getting blood tests, urine tests, x-rays, sonograms, and similar.  I was admitted to the hospital that night and the only reason there was a delay in surgery was because my liver and pancreas enzymes were through the roof.

adiantum

7 for me  . Having computer problems so if I dont return for a while, please dont think I've found a cure & dumped you.

FunDad62

Good report from the endo yesterday.  My A1c was down a little to 7.0 but of course he wants is lower.  He was very pleased with all of my blood work.  Cholesterol is perfect,  Triglycerides are still slightly elevated.  That two week patch I wore showed my average at 155.  It was good during the days but would spike around 9 pm every night.  That's because I'm really bad about not taking Novolog before dinner.  He asked me to try and do better with that.  Will do the patch again in 6 months.  I donated blood yesterday but barely squeaked by on their iron test.  I was 13 which is their absolute minimum for donating.

Kit

83 here

We've got some friends coming over today and I decided to run over to a local German deli and pick up some salami, sausages, and cheeses. Oh and brochen. My Fuzzy would be horribly disappointed without that. 

It's a local family owned for three generations since 1974.  They make their own meats and breads. Taste wise, this will be amazing. :)

Basically it's going to be build your own sandwiches. They're bringing chips. I'll make my zoodle pesto salad. I might do those grilled sandwiches for myself. 

Edited by Kit

janice21475

Hi Kit,

" I might do those grilled sandwiches for myself. " 

Somehow I was expecting pictures of yummies. They must have gotten gobbled up in the "edit." :)

Hooterville

94 Thursday, 100 Friday and 99 this morning.    Finally back up and operational here.   No fires.   There was no weather event.   No heat, no wind.  Interesting exercise we just took part in though.

adiantum

7 & still with limited online access . I emailed a help me to the IT guy & hope he replies by text .

Whats a girl to do if she cant waste time doing jigsaws, sudoku etc.

If this keeps up I have to start talking face to face with humans..eeeew

FunDad62

It's mom's fault.  She "forced me" to eat the cobbler and ice cream she had last night.  Today is her 85th birthday and she's as healthy as she can be.

Lee - I'm an IT guy and you probably know this but whenever anyone asks me about wireless issues my first suggestion is unplug everything, wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in and let it all reset.

Kit

94 for me. 

@janice21475 the get together was yesterday afternoon, so it hadn't happened yet as of yesterday's post.

But then I didn't take any pics at all because it was just meat, cheese, and salad. I didn't bother with the grilled sandwich yesterday. Didn't feel like it. 

Had a lot of fun though. We played games, laughed a whole lot, and similar. 

Back to IF again today, so no breakfast. 

Edited by Kit

meyery2k

89 today.  Looks like another great autumn day for a ride.  It is getting cooler in the morning.  Tigger and Bella are starting to play chase again which is a good sign.

Kit
22 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

89 today.  Looks like another great autumn day for a ride.  It is getting cooler in the morning.  Tigger and Bella are starting to play chase again which is a good sign.

Did I miss that something was wrong?

Yeah, sometimes I suspect I worry more about cats than people.  :D

adiantum

I suspect I've been more active since I cant do jigsaws online anymore.

yup.. I turned it all off hoping for recovery.. but it didnt work this time.

Ahnanimus

117 and I'm definitely worried now. Did nothing out of the ordinary . I haven't seen a fbg like that in more than a year. Don't know if I'm coming down with something,  I sure don't feel well.😣