Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

FunDad62

Windy and gusty rain as expected.  I had to go out in it early to buy groceries and take them to church.  It's my teams turn to cook tomorrow morning.  Usually have about 100 folks come eat which includes about 25 less fortunate (homeless, etc.) that know we serve breakfast every Sunday.  We fix up scrambled eggs (plain and cheese), biscuits, cheese grits, sausage gravy, potato casserole, pigs in a blanket, fresh fruit, milk, juice, coffee.  Of course my team makes the best breakfast. :) 

Kit

87 here

Its also dark and drizzly.  I love fall days like this.

Maybe a fire in the fireplace would be nice.  :)

adiantum

Yesterday I watched an old jetty being cut up & thought what wonderful firewood it would make.

Too bad the mortar has fallen out between 2 bricks inside my fireplace & I'm tired of doing repairs, so left the firewood for others.

Hammer
15 hours ago, adiantum said:

Yesterday I watched an old jetty being cut up & thought what wonderful firewood it would make.

Too bad the mortar has fallen out between 2 bricks inside my fireplace & I'm tired of doing repairs, so left the firewood for others.

Lee, maybe grab that wood and store it in your back yard, just in case the new house has a fireplace.  If it doesn't, then just leave the wood for whoever buys your house.

Kit

84 here

I find this interesting.

When my Dad died, my mother forced the funeral home to open on the same day (Sunday) in order for the arrangements to be made.  You do NOT wait.  Wake on Monday (the day after!), funeral Tuesday.

When brother #1 died on a Saturday.  Mom and brother #2 were at the funeral home that evening to make arrangements, Wake on Monday, Funeral Tuesday

When mom died very early on a Saturday morning, I hinted to brother #2 that you know, it would be nice to have a day or so to get things in order, take a breath, etc.  We were at the funeral home that afternoon.  Wake on Monday, funeral Tuesday.

Mr Fuzzy's uncle died very early yesterday morning (Saturday).  He had been in hospice and it wasn't unexpected.  We were told we should know what's going to happen and when early next week.  The family is taking a couple days to grieve and catch their breath.

I wonder if this is a difference between mid west and west coast culture or something else.  I have to say I personally prefer it to the "lets get this done and over as quickly as possible" mentality.  The way my family does it, You're making last second arrangements and plans in shock, sleep deprived, and barely functioning.  By the time you're in a state where you would really welcome people to be there, to talk with and similar, they've all buggered off back home again to their own lives and concerns.

He was actually a second husband for Mr Fuzzy's aunt.  They didn't get married until longer after Mr Fuzzy and I were married.  So its not like we knew him for many years or anything like that.  But he was a nice guy, funny, friendly.  Mr Fuzzy's aunt seemed like a different person with him, happy and relaxed.  I am sad to see this happen.  Life never seems to be fair.

meyery2k

101 today.  I found out that Gail has never carved a jack o' lantern so that is one pf the things we did...

73475046_358456371569766_6920650012871360512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQkOmM7efxH68HpLsLsIe013Mnq6wNbTliAm_9XNd0FZdQKFI6m30h6BEknLocPEUGP95CXzK6IuF7Z1hwjmBQh1&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=dd89ee46529647b704f86fe04149a043&oe=5E5B2E94

73025629_469785213634892_4358509709351714816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQnGQJB_TrYsKvPfSicrpGwvS43TqmAVKeG7t5Dmfv1de4vpJboQrtcAzE8PuVrdrom8SzJfSq6QiwuT5UL0N-sk&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=0e0da63ab2af493f43c405403b9899a2&oe=5E1D275B

73546669_728720330927291_5317309747425181696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQmE_QNDlrOauhjuaHcZru8Egl9P4DMkjbIGn0TW2T212x-zaxrn0ZmLE3D1Y_Yie3_f_EIA8JXvpBw8dUQLlJo0&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=f0f74011cf65f7f4850dccad1f5c6233&oe=5E1E33A7

adiantum

8 for my punishment along with an attack of pancreatitis ...damn that hurts...

Karma!!

Kit here its usual to have a few days before the funeral to  allow for those living away  to get here.

The wake is straight after the funeral.

I hate both funerals & wakes & wont attend either.

When I was a small child I use to stay overnight with a neighbour at mothers insistence.

Her husband died before I was born so just got the gossip.

Apparently he died during the night even though he was fine the day before & never been sick.

He was cremated at 8am the next morning & the doctor that signed the death certificate was the wifes lover.

I was only little but do remember her telling me I had to stay in my room because the doctor was coming to her.

That doctor used to visit my mother but they never made the same noises as he & Mrs. B.

Laws were changed soon after & the coroner would be called in.

re the firewood... as it is I'm taking too much stuff with me not knowing what I'll be needing.

The house I loved sold during the week... thats unfortunate.

Hammer

A 71 (3.94) today.

Kit, I am not one for funeral services either, but I do attend to pay my respects to the deceased.  I told my daughter that, when I die, I want to either have her donate my body to a teaching hospital, and if for some reason they won't accept it, to just cremate me, and flush the ashes down the toilet.  I told her that I DON'T want any type of memorial service, so don't have one.  I'm DEAD, so why would I care about some funeral service?  If she has to have me cremated, then just cremate me, and let it go at that.  If time passes and people ask where I am, to just tell them that I died. 

It's just my opinion, but funeral services are for the living, not the dead.  All funeral homes smell the same, and during the memorial service, they play the same type of music that is supposed to make people sad....I mean, why don't they play some rock & roll (The Beatles or the Rolling Stones), or jazz (Moonlight Serenade), or boogie woogie (Dancin' The Boogie), or blue grass (Foggy Mountain Breakdown)?...something that is upbeat?