Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

80 today.  On my bike ride yesterday, I came across a food truck selling roasted cheese.  It was raclette cheese roasted on some machine from Switzerland.  It is then topped with a little arugula and served with mustard and pickles as a side garnish.  It was delicious and only $5!

ran23

125 this morning, yuk.   shopping today I pointed out pumpkin old fashioned donuts to my wife.  she bought them I had one.   155 after a 35 min walk. 

adiantum

Still have diabetes , so  I had to return here with my brand new computer.

Hope everyone is enjoying good health & happy times

Ahnanimus

96 on this Chooseday.  I've no choice but to cook as I ate junk all day yesterday.  My largest meal was 3 high fibre Ryvita slices with  peanut butter.😁

Kit
4 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

95 today.  Looks like a good day for coffee and reading at your house Kit!

Forecast wind chill Tuesday morning, Oct. 29, 2019.

I wish.  At least there wasn't frost on my car this morning like yesterday.  However, over the course of the night one of my headlights and one of my break lights both decided to give up the ghost.  I guess I can't complain, I've had the car for 9 years now.  Those bulbs will eventually give out.

adiantum

It feels so good having a computer again. I even  had to go into the store to food shop & Ive not done that in years.

I channeled you Ahnanimus as I chanted... " I choose to cope", but it was a challenge. Shoppers everywhere !!

*Sigh*... I'll put an order through online today.. because I can .:D

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

Lee, what brand of computer did you get?  I hope it wasn't expense, because I know that when I buy a new computer when my old one dies, I get a high end computer, and they aren't cheap, but the reason that I get a high end computer is because I want to have a computer that can do video rendering, run Photoshop without problems, edit audio, and run a number of other, processor intensive, programs.  Most people don't need a computer that does all of those things, so they aren't in the market for a computer that is a high end computer, they just need a computer that can do many basic things like, read e-mails, chat in forums like this, run Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and maybe do some basic photo editing.  If that's all they need, then there is no reason for them to spend extra money for a computer that is more computer than they need.  My mom had a basic computer, and she enjoyed it, since it did every thing that she needed it to do.(store all of her recipes, receive e-mails, see and print out photos of people at her senior center, and Skype with me.) 

adiantum

I got a HP Pavilion 590 tower . I went to one store & left annoyed at no service. went to the other & bitched about the first store only to be told the same company owns both but different names &  theres more staff at the 2nd store.

The tower was on sale at $1100 Au but  after asking what was the best price it came down to $830.

That was a new experience as ive never asked about a best price in an electrical store before, but one I'll adopt in future for big ticket items

Edited by adiantum

adiantum

Of course you are right hammer in that I'd not need a computer as advanced as you.

Perhaps one for emails, forums, knitting patterns & of course now I need a new pink dress, shopping will be a priority.

:rofl: 

Hooterville

Been MIA.   My sons  and I took last week off work to make a push at sorting my mother's house.   She passed away a year ago yesterday.   It's rough.  Anyway, that plus a second round of PG&E power shutoffs over the weekend is my explanation.   Morning readings since last I was here are:  98, 95, 87, 143, 132, 76, 68, 137, and 78 today.    I need to settle down.   

Diana_CT

I just came back from my PCP who I saw about a back problem and he asked about my FBG reading and his words of wisdom... lose weight, more exercise, and cut the carbs.

Kit

102 here

I'm not sure what's going on, but my baseline has been creeping upwards for the last week.  And meals that normally have minimal affect on me are now raising me nearly 20 points.  I'm not sure if its the fasting or if its the birth control pills.  Both are possibilities.

I'm both hoping and terrified its the pills.  I feel so much better with them.  All those perimenopause symptoms are gone and I've been feeling better than I have in years.  I've even managed to get some of my sex drive back.  Mr Fuzzy has appreciated it.

I'm going to give it to the end of the week.  If things aren't improving, I'm going to go back to 2 or 3 meals a day and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, I think I will curl up in a corner and sob for a few days.

The frustrating part is that everything was going so great for about a month or so.  :(

Edited by Kit

LCD
2 hours ago, Kit said:

I'm not sure what's going on, but my baseline has been creeping upwards for the last week.  And meals that normally have minimal affect on me are now raising me nearly 20 points.  I'm not sure if its the fasting or if its the birth control pills.  Both are possibilities.  I'm going to give it to the end of the week.  If things aren't improving, I'm going to go back to 2 or 3 meals a day and see what happens. 

Kit,

Another possibility? If you are not putting sugars into your body (your refrigerator) could the extra sugars be coming from your liver storage (freezer) starting to "unload"?   Libby