Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit
1 minute ago, LCD said:

Kit,

Another possibility? If you are not putting sugars into your body (your refrigerator) could the extra sugars be coming from your liver storage (freezer) starting to "unload"?   Libby

Birth control pills are known to cause this kind of behavior.  Estrogen and progesterone are both well known to have negative affects on both insulin production and insulin resistance (I knew this going in).  However they have amazing affects on my ability to sleep, think, mood, energy levels, sex drive, and similar.

As for the liver things?  I don't believe it.  I've had temporary increases due to liver dumps and not eating.  They always fade away later in the day.

So I might wake at 6am 90 and be 105 2 hours later with no food.  Depressing but its happened before.  However, by noon I would normally be in the 80s with no food.  In other words, the base line doesn't increase.  Here my baseline has increased and anythig I put in my mouth affects my BG levels..

I'm going to finish fasting like I have until this weekend.  Friday will be 4 full weeks since I started.  After that, if things don't improve, I am going to go back to what I was doing before fasting.  I'll give that two weeks unless things go downhill badly.  If there is no improvement or worsening, I honestly don't know what I will do yet.  Fasting is the easiest thing for me to stop and restart if desired.

My fear is that I am going to have to make a choice.  Is this worsening of my diabetes control worth the quality of life improvements.

That is assuming I can convince my current doctor that menopause takes longer than just a few months and she'll be willing to renew my prescription.  Last time I was there she said it should only last a few months and then pretended to not hear me when I said it had already been going on for years.

adiantum

Diana, I wonder if thats the cause of my bad back also.

Yesterday I smarted up my walk in the park & came home to attack the garden chores.

A couple of smallish  trees have to go so I can get to the passenger side of the car.

Ive not used a chain saw in many months & even my arms ached last night.

Either that chain saw has become heavier or my arms weaker.

Hammer
23 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Yesterday I smarted up my walk in the park & came home to attack the garden chores.

A couple of smallish  trees have to go so I can get to the passenger side of the car.

Lee, what is the diameter of the smallish trees that you want to remove?  The reason that I ask is because, if they are only a few inches (centimeters) in diameter, then you can use a bow saw, which is a lot lighter than a chainsaw to cut them down.  Of course, the bow saw requires a bit more physical labor to use, so that may be a consideration.  I have used a bow saw to cut off many large branches on trees, and when I wanted to remove a small tree, I just drilled a few holes halfway through the trunk of the lower part of the tree, and poured in some concentrated Roundup in the holes.  Roundup will kill most any type of grass, weeds, trees, whatever.  It does take a while for the Roundup to work, but it will kill most types of vegetation.

adiantum

The thickest is about 10inch radius but most are only5 inch. I dont have the time to use anything but a chainsaw.

I'm hoping a friend can visit Sunday to help erect a gazebo  to act as a temporary carport.

Its her only free day.

Its cutting the leaf & branches small enough to fit in the wheelie  bins for garbage days that takes time.

Ive got an extra bin & luckily the woman next door doesnt always put her bin out, so I'll put the extra bin out in front of her house.

I dont like to use roundup. Just look at that LD50 on the label & you will see how toxic it is.

Diana_CT
12 hours ago, adiantum said:

For me my back problems started in April when I went to pick up a window flower box that I thought was empty but it was half filled with water and I strained my back. It would get better and I would forget about it being strained and I would do something stupid like lift wrong way. I would be back to square one.

This morning's reading was 115.

Edited by Diana_CT
Grammar

FunDad62

85 on this "Spooktacular" day!

I've experimented and have eaten whole food/plant based for the past two days.  No meat, fish, poultry, dairy, etc.  Good readings this morning and yesterday.  And I had a crash yesterday afternoon a couple hours after lunch and Novolog.  Seems my body doesn't need so much insulin when I put healthy food into it.  What a concept.

Happy Halloween everyone!  Boooooooooo!  

Kit

A surprising 87 this morning followed by an 88 because I didn't believe the first.

Happy Halloween!

Tonight I'm going to curl up and read Ghosts and Goblins.  An old children's book dating from the 1920s I believe.  My mom and I got it when I was a kid for 25 cents at a library sale and we always loved reading from it on Halloween.

Hope you feel better soon @meyery2k

IrinaHarr
15 hours ago, adiantum said:

I dont like to use roundup. Just look at that LD50 on the label & you will see how toxic it is.

You can use vinegar and boiling water :)

adiantum

Drum roll...... 5.3 /95.4

No idea why but I'll take it. I didnt even do any pruning owing to exhaustion from the day before.

Oh well...maybe November will be my favorite month.

Diana, my back is from 2 car prangs. The last prang was thanks to a drunk that made a high speed U turn & T boned me.

That put me up on the footpath where a light pole pushed me back on the road.

adiantum
23 hours ago, adiantum said:

The thickest is about 10inch radius but most are only5 inch.

weary brain as well as a weary body must've caused me to type radius instead of diameter.

That slogan " use it or lose it " is happening to me. I dont work like I used to & it's frustrating.

TX_Clint

98 today. Just over 250 kids last night. Less than last year but it was a bit chilly and the city has postponed the parade until Saturday. So I'll probably get hit with more kids on Saturday.

Kit

85 here

Well yesterday was interesting.  Started at 87 like I posted before.  I took a late morning fasting reading where. I came in at 89.

Wet for my usual before lunch walk.  Checked myself when I got back, right before putting lunch together, and I was 105.  Checked again and 103.  Bah, come on, it was just a walk.

Two hours after lunch I was at 92 (much better).

Checked before I went to bed and it was 77.  recheck at 79.  I had skipped my evening walk because, well, Halloween.  :)

I'm going to keep up with the fasting for now and keep an eye on my numbers to see what adventure happens next. 

I am proud of myself.  Mr Fuzzy was munching on cashews yesterday evening.  OMG that was torture, but I resisted grabbing the container from him and shoving every one into my mouth.  I have no portion control when it comes to cashews.

Otherwise it was a nice and relaxing evening.  I curled up and read some stories from Ghosts and Goblins and really enjoyed myself.  :)