Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit

I forgot to mention.  Today is also my 5 year anniversary since diagnosis.

adiantum

another 8

I saw butterflies in my garden last week.. to me that suggests Autumn is very close.

Its good to see you Dana, I was concerned you had been snowed in.

Happy year 5 Kit.

ran23

Forgot to test, after breakfast--117.  breakfast?:   2 meatballs (4 carbs) and 2 real eggs, (not my usual).  still locked out most of the time. 

adiantum

The house is lovely & quiet this morning.. the fans have all been turned off for the first time in a week.

We had a wonderful cool night. I still left the windows & both doors open to allow the heat to escape.

Diana_CT

110 @ 4:30 AM

4th night in a row with only about 4 hours sleep. I tried everything from melatonin to sleeping pills to getting up and eating breakfast at 4 AM. 

steel

102 yesterday

108 today. I just had scrambled eggs and a sausage last night. Always lie in the 80s-90 range after this. I was at 108 and woke up with the same. Lunch yesterday was a safe meal too. I am leaning towards hormonal stuff as well. Just got done taking provera last week. I don't like these upward trends though. always worry me a bit lol

meyery2k
2 hours ago, Kit said:

Jinx!

102 here as well.

Hormone issue I suspect.  Wheee.

I guess I owe you a Coke...

adiantum

8 I'm wondering if its this heat thats causing the 8's

Ive never experienced such discomfort in all my years like  this one.

Those warnings to the elderly to keep out of the sun should also be directed to extended  middle aged stunners like me.

Steel.. it could be the sausages thats causing the rise. Some fillers they use are carby.

steel
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

Steel.. it could be the sausages thats causing the rise. Some fillers they use are carby.

I don't think it was the sausages. I buy the same brand every time. I had the same sausages ..from the same pack last week without issues. It has 2 grams of carbs/ sausage, and given BG trends after eating these for a few months, it sounds like an accurate number.  There are definitely carbier sausages out there, though. I am glad these ones work great for me. When i don't feel like making an elaborate meal, i just have two of these with scrambled eggs.