Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

6.5 That had to be because of yesterdays 'feeling good' day.

I even christmas gift shopped online ...everything  for me in case Santa brings me coal.

We have two up-market department stores & I logged into both to take advantage of their sales.

Many thanks Ahnanimus, you have made me understand why I had 2  seizures soon after a botched cholecystectomy .

lt like my brain turned into concrete,then my spinal cord felt like it was freezing up.

A "Peeping Tom" wouldve been excused for thinking I had a powerful orgasm.  :rofl:

Edited by adiantum

Kit
3 hours ago, meyery2k said:

100 today, bah...

My daughter shares a joy of dark humor.  She came by to see me and we went to Target.  At the checkout, she asked me where I had my seizure.  I pointed to the spot and said, "and there I was flopping around on the ground like a landed fish."  We had a good laugh that did us both a world of good.

Don't be discouraged by a measly 100.  That's actually pretty good given what your body has been through recently.  You're going down way faster than I would have thought

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 110 @ 2 AM, another sleepless night. 

I'm up at my cottage with my brother and we are painting the bedrooms and I took my brother out to dinner to thank him for helping me. Those who know me know that I'm a lobster lover and for dinner I had Lobster Fra  Diavolo, it was delicious! 

FunDad62

I drove up to moms last night to spend a couple of days with her.  Oh and that ship that turned over here?  They've determined the only way to move it is to cut it up in pieces where it sits.  Now that's going to be a job.  A very very expensive one.

Diana:  How much is a lobster up there cost wise?  I wish they weren't so darn expensive down here.  I too love lobster but rarely buy it.

Diana_CT
14 minutes ago, FunDad62 said:

Diana:  How much is a lobster up there cost wise?  I wish they weren't so darn expensive down here.  I too love lobster but rarely buy it.

Live  lobsters are around $8 a pound 

meyery2k

101 today.  I was up urinating all night.  Finally getting rid of all the IV fluid I guess.  Weight is coming down.  That is a win, I will take for the day.

adiantum

*Lobster * ...a girl can dream .

Lobster is out of my budget also  unless a very special occasion or someone else is paying.

a very small rock lobster is about $20 a lb

A tiny lobster tail the length of a teaspoon is $8 on special this week.

A cheaper yet similar to lobster is a Bug at $23 lb

084056.jpg

Diana_CT

Packing up and closing the cottage up for the season. My brother and I only painted two out of the three bedrooms and the third will have to wait until the spring. One bedroom colors looked good on the paint chips but I'm still deciding if I like the trim color. 

Kit

91 here

Only reason I'm up this early on a Saturday morning is because of my bladder. Mr Fuzzy is still snuggled up in the blankets. I want to join him. 

meyery2k

110, bah...

My weight is down to 218 from 230 when I got home.  I can attest that I urinated it all out lol...

I saw the doctor yesterday and he explained the neurologist has an excellent reputation but no bedside manner.  The plan is certainly not to give me pills and send me on.  He ordered an EEG.  He further explained, the idea of the medication is so one doesn't have to suffer seizures while they try to figure things out.  That makes a lot of sense to me.

adiantum

I was predicting an  awesome FBG this morning because of being busy yesterday & consuming 30g carbs.

What a disappointment it was to see 7.1. This diabetes sucks.

Kit
3 hours ago, ran23 said:

124 today.   the low carb wraps have come to an end.  

Have you tried making your own?  Those store bought low carb wraps do not have appealing ingredients and they basically make it seem low carb by adding a lot of grain fibers, though they still contain regular grains as well.  Net carbs is not the whole story sadly.

I've had luck with the tortilla recipe from keto connect.  It holds up well, but really only use it for tacos and can seem a little eggy (but not always, not sure why).  I think next time I'm going to add a little more coconut flour.

A number of sites have flat bread recipes using things like coconut flour and psyllium husk powder.

https://www.castironketo.net/blog/easy-keto-naan?fbclid=IwAR1yKluWCl0L5MoayLRrbSHSMAOlar4P8F-zEEm2UfnwAiz07Z-iGtE0JKc

And I've found flax wraps interesting though never tried them yet.  Pretty simple too.  Flax, salt, water.

https://nutritionrefined.com/flaxseed-wraps/

Hooterville

69  on the Libre, 75 on the meter.  Closest they've ever been.