Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k
44 minutes ago, Ahnanimus said:

103 today.

One can only get strips here if you're diagnosed  type 1. Apparently, they think type 2's do not need to test, just take the prescribed medication.  I therefore pay the equivalent of $23.00 US for 50. The Diabetes Association has recently started selling them at a reduced price equivalent  to $13.00US , but I'm nòt sure if that will be available all the time. Also, it's only one brand.  It's expensive but the control and peace of mind is worth it.

(Sarcasm) - As far as the insurance is concerned, yeah, let's not do anything to potentially lessen our payout over the long run.  Why, if we did that, we might have to reduce premiums!

adiantum

Phewww, I survived yesterdays weather but it will return on Friday.

I had to stay  indoors way from the smoke from the fires. Thankful that it was just smoke & not the flames others were  escaping from. 

meyery2k

95.  Two sub 100 days in a row.

Did a 7K walk yesterday in about 1H 15M.  Uneventful except that I enjoyed myself.  A little more tiring than I expected but I can bounce back.

Kit

102 here

At least I managed to stay in the 90s yesterday.

And, of course, I forgot my meter at home this morning cause my brain just doesn't work in the mornings.  :)

adiantum

I'm coughing like an old coal miner. The lungs dont appreciate the smoke I'm breathing in from the wild fires.

Mike, it's so good to read of your improvement.

Hammer

A 59 (3.27) today.  I am waiting to see the latest results of the blood work that I had done yesterday.  I'm sure that my A1c will probably be higher than the last time I had blood work done (it was 5.7).  I am also anxious to see what my cholesterol levels are this time.  They were 133 mg/dL, but I discovered that the MegaRed krill oil supplement that I had been taking for years, wasn't krill oil, it was fish oil.  Years ago I switched from the 500 mg gel caps to the 800 mg gel caps, and apparently, the 800 mg gel caps aren't krill oil, but the 500 mg gel caps are.(the two bottles look identical).  I switched from the MegaRed brand, to the Krill MD brand, which are 1600 mg gel caps and you take two of them a day.  When I started taking the 500 mg MegaRed gel caps, my cholesterol dropped 43 points, so now, taking 3200 mg of Krill MD every day, I'm wondering if that lowered my cholesterol even more....or at the very least, lowered the bad cholesterol, the LDL, which was at 60 mg/dL.  The VLDL was at 14 mg/dL, and the good cholesterol, the HDL was at 59 mg/dL. 

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that this round of tests didn't check my cholesterol, since they usually check that once a year, and the last time it was checked, was last March, so I might have to wait until next March to get new cholesterol results.😞

steel

Hi all, hope everyone's doing well. @meyery2k I just read your journal here today. I am sorry to hear you've gone through so much. I can only imagine how stressful it must be. I am sending you healing thoughts and wishes for quick recovery. It's nerve wracking what you're experiencing. I only had one incident that resembled TIA (numbness, weakness in arm and leg on the same side, difficulty swallowing etc., facial numbness), and it messed up my peace of mind. Today it's been over a year since that experience, and I am doing fine. I have MRIs every six months due to the white matter changes in my brain, but I am otherwise okay. Nothing else has gone wrong. I hope this is a bump in the road for you (albeit a highly distressing one), and that you make a full recovery at the soonest. You're such a wonderful person. I wish you all the very best. ❤️

---

My fasting BG this morning was 5.0. It ranges between 5.0 and 5.6, and I am okay with that. Post meals it returns to the 5s again, which is largely because of metformin I think. I am taking 500mg twice a day. My heart rate meds affected my BG, and as I expected, increasing the metformin fixed that. Thankfully, my doctor was cooperative. I probably mentioned it already but last A1C 4.9 and next one is coming up in a few weeks. I don't test everyday now. I do spot check 2-3 times a week. My diet is very consistent, and I stay between 20-30 grams max for the whole day. Very low car to no carb for dinner. It's all very consistent, so I only check if I deviate from this. Like recently  I had to eat a communal meal at a religious place, something I do once or twice a year. So I ate more than half a cup of rice and half a cup of lentils, plus some yogurt. I was ..like damn..I am screwed but once a year I can mess up. I LOVED the rice and lentils, btw. Diabetes really makes you appreciate the taste, texture, flavour of things you basically ate all the time and never noticed. I don't regret that meal one bit.

I didn't check my 1 hour number, but at 2 hours, I was at 6.5. I am usually in the mid 5s after meals, but that 118 or whatever was completely okay. I was expecting closer to 7.5. My 1 and 2 hour numbers are not too far apart. I am thinking it was 7.8 ish at 1 hr pp and then fell to 6.5. Another hour later it was 5.2. So it was worth it. It's weird if someone offered me that meal again tomorrow, I wouldn't eat it. I know what's good for me, and with decades of diabetic living ahead of me, I want to limit these excursions so I don't feel either anxiety or guilt. I felt neither when I had that meal, because I knew I had been good to my body, and that one traditional meal...I had earned it. I don't think I'd have had this perspective without diabetes. So as much as I'd have preferred not having it, I do appreciate it. It's been a good teacher. :)

meyery2k

93 today. 

Every day, I feel a little more better.  I am a little confounded because I have come to realize that 100% seems to be a highly variable target when considering how I am feeling.  I think, "today is 100%" then the next day, I feel just a wee bit stronger, more alert mentally, or something.  Believe me, this is a great problem to have.  It also brought home to me that I must have been pretty ill.  I tend to dismiss illness as a coping mechanism.

I am thinking, today after work, I am going to try a bike ride.  I feel ready.

Kit

90 today because I think my body just likes to confuse the heck out of me.

Or it was a misread and I didn't bother to take it again.  I made sure my hands were very dry.

I did remember my meter this morning however.  :)

Just got a message last night from eye doctor office.  My eye doctor is leaving.  This isn't the first time this has happened.  In fact, I never even saw this particular doctor.  It was going to be our first appointment.

I haven't had my diabetic eye exam in a couple years now due to this kind of fun.  They claim they will call me to make a new appointment with another doctor.  They didn't last time.  I think I will remind them that I am a diabetic who hasn't had an eye exam in a couple years and see if they can move me up on the priority list.  I had to make this last one 4 months in advance.

I am getting so sick of the entire system.

adiantum

WoW Diana, not every girl gets 100 in  a test.

After all these years of online grocery shopping, Ive selected the perfect time for it to be delivered..between 5 & 8am  with instruction to leave it at the front door. I no longer have to be out of bed & dressed suitably , nor  to  rush home from the park etc.

I was still in bed when their truck  woke me at 6am as they drove away. This will become my preferred delivery time from now on.

FunDad62

The weather people said today would be "One of the ugliest days this year" and they were spot on.  Horrible drive in to work.  Dark, pouring rain all the way in, construction zones, accidents.  I even left early to try and beat the madness.