Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

7.2 thanks to chocolate.

I'm feeling really poor just like my student days with only $5 in my wallet.

Hoping the new debit card arrives in the mail real soon.

I cant even put an online grocery through now that cards been cancelled.

Ive had to re-open an old credit card Ive had with another bank & lucky I can still transfer money to it.

I took that credit card on a journey for  retail therapy yesterday so looking forward to the posties delivery.

Hammer

A 74 (4.11) today.  Lee, I always have 2 credit cards, just in case there is a problem with one of them.  I've gone to the store to buy something, and when I got to the checkout line, my credit card was refused for some reason (usually the machine couldn't read my card), so I just used the second credit card and all was fine.

Diana_CT

93!

I laughed, here I thought that I overindulged for Thanksgiving. 

Lee I lost my purse once, I had to cancel all my cards and I ended up getting money the old fashion way, going to the bank and cashing a check. 

adiantum

rats!! I dont have a check a/c & my card has been cancelled.

I've learned for future happenings & will keep a 2nd card ,but I'll not support the small local businesses again especially if they employ casuals.

I always thought it was the right thing to do as it supported the community. BAH..never again.

My misery continued today. The retail therapy sent alarms to the 2nd bank. It was items Ive never bought by card before & rather  expensive items.

The bank tried to ring me twice but I didnt hear it..so they stopped that card as well.

It is Friday & the new card is in the mail but I wont get it until Monday.

I'm sure I'll praise both  the banks security...but not until  after I recover from this mess.

edit: You two have great numbers this morning considering the thanksgiving feast...well done

Edited by adiantum

Kit

89 here

Yay, back to work for me.

At least I have yummy leftovers waiting for me for lunch.  :)

I ended up skipping the spinach yesterday, just having the mushrooms by themselves, and putting the peppers in with the green beans.  Green beans were just garlic, butter, salt and pepper.

Edited by Kit

meyery2k

87 today.  Completely unexpected.  My daughter made homemade cranberry sauce and she had a pecan pie.  I had a little of each.  My son in law made Cajun dirty rice.  It was excellent.

Perhaps the bike ride with the group mitigated that some.  That group trains hard.

adiantum

The dominoes are still falling.

The auto-recharge payment for my cell phone was rejected so I now have no phone.

I can feel  rage building up.

When the new card arrives, I'll have to contact all the companies that direct debit with the new numbers.

meyery2k

Lee - That sucks.  I have had a few instances of fraud.  We have to maintain vigilance on our accounts.  One time, someone hacked my wireless account and ordered $1600 worth of iPhones to be shipped to somewhere in New York.

Here in the US, if I understand things correctly, it is easier to remedy fraud committed with a credit card vs. a debit card.  I only have one debit card against a checking account and I only keep enough money in it to fulfill obligations.  If something happens, then I have a reserve savings account that I could pay bills from if I have to.

adiantum

It was the debit card they hacked. Its the a/c  I use most to pay bills via direct debit.

The other bank I have the credit card tried to contact me twice but I didnt hear the phone with the tv on & the fans whirring away.

So, they assumed my retail therapy was fraud & stopped that card.

The other money is in a fixed term deposit, so I cant use that.

Hammer

A 97 (5.39) today.  Lee, I would NEVER have a debit card, since anyone using it is taking money directly out of your checking account.  Years ago, my bank issued me a new credit card as the old was about to expire.  This new card was a credit/debit card.  I cut it up into pieces, and took it to the bank and told them I just wanted a credit card, not a debit card, so don't send me a card that can be used for debits.

I'm surprised that it's taking so long to get your new credit card.  When the credit card company called me and asked me if I had tried to charge $1200 worth of clothes to a store in Sweden, I told them no, it wasn't me.  They immediately canceled that credit card, and shipped a new card to me overnight express, so I had it within 24 hours.  Now that you have decided to get a second credit card, do it right now.  Apply for a credit card from a different company or a different bank.  Don't wait till you get this new card that is being sent to you, apply for a second credit card right now, because, if you get the first card, and a week later something like this happens again, you will again be unable to charge anything.  One other thing...this second credit card that you will get....use that to only pay for your phone and any other monthly deductions that you have charged to your phone.  Don't use it for everyday charges, use your first credit card for those.  If your first credit card gets stolen again, you will still be able to continue having your monthly bills charged to your second credit card, so none of those services will be interrupted, and you will be able to use your second credit card to make everyday purchases, but be careful where you make those purchases until the credit card replaces your first credit card again. 

meyery2k
On 11/26/2019 at 6:40 AM, Kit said:

Between the two of you, I now have Maxwell's Silver Hammer going through my head. 

Well, @Kit, you have your revenge.  I had forgotten about Maxwell's Silver Hammer and listened to it today. The melody has been stuck in my head all day.  Even during cycling.  Well played, @Kit, well played indeed...

FunDad62

Speaking of fraud....  I received a notice from my credit monitoring service that an inquiry has been made on my credit from some company name I didn't recognize so I Googled it and it came back to "Victoria's Secret Angels".  Me thinks someone is trying to open an account in my name.  Surely wasn't me.  I tried calling VS and was on perpetual hold and finally hung up.  Will try again today.

Ahnanimus

95 today. 

@adiantum, sorry to hear of your predicament.  I know I would've been  enraged which would not help me feel any better.  So I'm sharing my feel better routine with you ... breathe deeply, close your eyes, conjure up a picture of the offender, then relish the pleasure as you slowly break every finger on his/her hands. Feel free to add other body parts as desired.😁

meyery2k

97 today.  I am a member of a karaoke site so, when I feel the urge to sing, I can indulge myself.  This FINALLY kicked out "Maxwell's Silver Hammer".  It also helps me practice projection for the upcoming production.  No mics and the theatre is pretty much a saltine box laying on the side so projection is important.

I took my at home A1C test and was astounded to test at 4.8 after all the trouble earlier this month.  I suppose one could challenge the accuracy of the tests but they do agree with results in the doctor's office within .2 or .3 points.  There is an advertised margin of error of .5 either way.  Not too worried about it since my glucose has come back to what is normal for me, but I find this curious nonetheless.