Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

7.5 the 2nd time after washing my hands again.

I'm down to eating from the freezer thanks to the gas station clerk with' broken teeth' ( thanks Ahnanimus ) .

Last nights dinner was cheese & broccoli bites.. without reading the carb content first.

It could be worse.. the dog has to eat Spam.

Hammer

A 90 (5.0) today.  It seems that my diabetes is fighting me back, which happens from time to time.  I wake up with numbers in the 90's for several days, so I increase my nightly Lantus dose by 1 unit, and the next day, I wake up to numbers in the 70's.  The following day, I'm back up into the 90's again.  After several days in the 90's again, I'll increase my Lantus dose by another unit, and wake up in the 70's again.  This pattern lasts for a while, until it finally settles down and I stay in the 70's.  At that point, I'll have increased my Lantus dose by a good bit.  My diabetes may be fighting me back, but I always win in the end.☺️

TX_Clint

IMHO Hammer, you aren't winning. You're just chasing the wave with reactionary treatment. Learn to ride the wave. I would recommend setting an acceptable high and low and try to get to one basal insulin dosage that keeps you within that window. 

Diana_CT

This morning’s reading was 122

Today we are going to get a hodgepodge of precipitation from a storm that is supposed to last three days.
Sunday afternoon --- > Snow --- > Sunday night --- > changing to sleet changing to freezing rain --- > Monday --- > rain --- > Monday evening and Tuesday early morning  --- > changing back to snow before ending in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

And Monday at 11 I have a committee meeting and I am hoping that the roads will only be slushy and that the meeting will not get canceled. 

Kit

90 even here.

Wes, over at Highfalutin' Low Carb on Youtube, has put out a recipe for sugar cookies that looks interesting.  I've been seeing a lot of baked goods recently that make use of collagen to help replace some of the chew you loose from not having gluten.  Well that and psyllium for breads.

adiantum

Yesterday was the dogs christmas party.They all received an award plus a gift.

I avoided the humans food table, probably through guilt for not bringing a plate.

All 15 dogs had a wonderful time for the 2 hour duration. They run & swim & run some more.

My boy was exhausted by the time we got home & has  slept soundly ever since.

adiantum

Tra la la la la...

I have a debit card that works..

I have recharged my phone so that works.

I've put a grocery delivery so my poor dog can eat real food again.

Money can make you happy!!!

Hammer

A 101 (5.61) today.  Clint, that's what I do.  I want my fasting numbers to be between the upper 60's, to the low 80's, which is usually where they are, but right now, it seems that either my insulin resistance has increased, or my pancreas is producing less insulin, or both.  This happens every so often, and eventually, it settles down.  Then after awhile, the reverse happens...my fasting BG levels drop too low, so I have to decrease my insulin dose.  These two cycles occur at least once a year, so I am accustomed to it.

Since I woke up yesterday to a 90, last night I increased my dose by one unit to 80 units.  Today, I woke up to a 101, so that means that I'll have to increase my dose by one unit again tonight.  Once my BG levels stay in the 68-84 range, then I'll know that my insulin dose is correct.

Lee, I'm glad that you received your new debit card!  I'm sure that lowered your stress levels a good bit.  While I do have two credit cards, as a precautionary measure, I keep at least $200 or more in cash in my pocket at all times, just in case of an emergency or other situation.  I once took my friend to a restaurant for dinner, and when we walked in, we were told that they could not accept credit cards that day since their computer system was down.  While I usually pay for dinner with a credit card, it wasn't a problem since I had the cash on me.

Diana_CT

This morning’s reading was 113
I woke to the rumbling of snow plows.
We got a mixture of snow, sleet, and freezing rain. The trees have a coating of ice (thankfully we don’t have any wind), while the ground has a coating of a mix of all three and is like cement.
Down along the shore it was all rain and up in the northwest hills it was all snow 12 to 15 inches (30 to 35 cm) and here in the middle it was changing back and forth.

Thankfully my meeting this morning was cancelled and I don't have to drive up to Hartford.

FunDad62

My 17 year old daughter and I went and bought a Christmas tree and put it up and decorated it this weekend.  Let the holidays begin!

Hooterville

105 this morning.   We are getting first rains of the season like none I remember before.   We are currently on about 5 or so days of rain out of 7 with rain in the forecast through next Sunday.  Bring it!   People around me are saying 6 to 8 inches so far, which is huge in California.  I don't have a rain gauge because I'm under a complete canopy of trees so results wouldn't be accurate.   Thankfully, winds have not been much of a factor so the trees are behaving (not falling), for the most part.   

meyery2k

97 today.  I helped Kala and Nick pick up their tree and set it up in their house.  They are excited because it is their first Christmas together in their house.  I was mostly a non-Grinch for the affair :)

adiantum

I cant imagine driving in  snow & ice country.Highly skilled for sure.

6.8 after a cold night. Weather is weird..ive been wearing shorts & sleeping under a sheet.

Last night I had to unpack 2 blankets just to get warm.

woke at 1am coughing & smelling smoke.

I knew the fires were an hour away so assumed the wind delivered the smoke..but just in case I had to get up & do a fire check.

Much empathy to all that live near wild fires.

Hammer, I prefer not to carry money but will have to return to doing it.

I'd never be caught like you. I rarely eat out.

Being a pescetarian, low carber with a dog presents me with limited  options..picnics are the solution& preferred. 

Edited by adiantum

ran23

busy morning.   118 today.   Extension ladder up a Cypress to try to cut off the top.   fun.  at my age. 

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 115.

Well the storm has finally ended this morning, it started Sunday afternoon, yesterday we had snow showers and overnight we had another burst of snow. We have about 6 inches (15cm) overnight, that was on top of 2 inches (5cm) of a icy mix of sleet and freezing rain.

FunDad62

34 degrees here this morning.  Cold for this far south.  My rear window defroster decided to stop working.  Never realized how much I used it until it quit working.  Window was fogged over most of the way in to work.  Another fix-project on my list.