Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

86 today.  This photo, credit to Tianne Photography,  is of a bridge coming into Hilo on Highway 19.  The beach, called Honoli'i, is good for surfing.  Taking the bridge on the highway on a bike is a little hairy.  There is no shoulder so you either take the lane to cross the bridge or there is a walkway that is mossy and has a railing that goes up to your knee (when on the bike).  I suppose, under the wrong circumstances, you could fly over the railing.

Coming back in there is no walkway.  There is also a road (you can see it on the left) that goes under the bridge and is quite scenic, following the river a short way.

I usually go out early Sunday on this route since there is little traffic.  I take the walkway going out and the road under the bridge coming back in.

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor, water and nature

Kit

96 here

I did not have a good night and have ended up with way too little sleep.

Going to be a rough day.

Edited by Kit

adiantum

7 yet I expected better. Yesterday was too hot to eat but also too hot to exercise.

42C / 108F was uncomfortable, but thick smoke from the fires was horrible.

That smoke was through the house, even though it was kept shut up when it suited the dog.

Hammer
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

7 yet I expected better. Yesterday was too hot to eat but also too hot to exercise.

42C / 108F was uncomfortable, but thick smoke from the fires was horrible.

That smoke was through the house, even though it was kept shut up when it suited the dog.

Lee, is your window air conditioner still installed in the window?  If so, maybe turn it on and let your dog stay in that room, as the filter in the A/C unit should remove some of the smoke.  If your window A/C unit isn't still installed, maybe get an air purifier, place it in the room you're in most of the time, run it at high speed, and that will eliminate most, if not all, of the smoke.

FunDad62

Yes I was shocked.  I ran out of two of my oral meds a couple days ago and just picked up refills yesterday.  I cannot believe it shot up that high after just two days of not having them.  Xigduo and Januvia.  Of course I've been eating crap lately too.

Kit

90 here

Bad day yesterday, and likely today and the rest of the week will follow.

Why can't people seem to comprehend that when you make someone keep switching tasks, no task ever gets completed?

adiantum

The air purifier is in one of the boxes I packed last year when I first planned on selling.

The houses I was looking at then have had to be evacuated because if the fires.

So it seems being slow has paid off.

The air con is in the loungeroom  which opens into the office so my boy sits in that doorway.

I see it as my daily exercise stepping over him.

I have to go outside often during hot days to keep the critters water supply topped up.

The bees & insects prefer shallow water which quickly evaporates .

Just by opening the door sucks smoke inside the house.

23 hours ago, Hammer said:

Lee, is your window air conditioner still installed in the window?  If so, maybe turn it on and let your dog stay in that room, as the filter in the A/C unit should remove some of the smoke.  If your window A/C unit isn't still installed, maybe get an air purifier, place it in the room you're in most of the time, run it at high speed, and that will eliminate most, if not all, of the smoke.

Edited by adiantum

IrinaHarr
1 hour ago, fattyboyjp3 said:

How do you guys check your A1C @ Home?  I see some are doing this?   

Walmart or pharmacy like Walgreens A1C test kit. Good for 2 tests, no reason to do it more often than once a month; 3 months is preferred (3 months period is enough to renew all your blood, so eating right and exercise should show definite improvement in a1c after 3 months).