Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

6.7 Today is the end of the cool days as the heat is to return tomorrow.

38C / 100F is predicted until Sunday.

Yesterdays mail claims Ive been included on the roll for jury duty. I really hope I dont get called up.

Surely no accused would want an old woman with attitude judging them.

IrinaHarr
18 hours ago, adiantum said:

Yesterdays mail claims Ive been included on the roll for jury duty. I really hope I dont get called up.

Surely no accused would want an old woman with attitude judging them.

When they interview you - make yourself disagreeable, something like very left or very right; or say something like "cops are always right and all people that were caught must be guilty". When they screen jury candidate for trial they do not want extreme nutty people on it, so they won't call you to participate in the trial ;)

janice21475

My husband showed up for jury duty with his lunch in a paper bag and cigarettes in his pocket, wasn't picked.

Kit

112/114 this morning  *sigh*

I had managed to get into the 90s before bed after a 5 mile walk, but looks like it didn't last long.  :(

And this is the reason I don't cheat.  It takes me days to get back to normal.

meyery2k

91 today.

To quote the late George Carlin, at voir dire, simply explain "I would make a great juror because I can spot guilty people just like that!"

Gail sent me these great socks and keychain for my birthday.  Cool accessories make you go faster...

Image may contain: shoesNo photo description available.

FunDad62

I served on a 3 day drug trial once.  I found it very interesting.  Wouldn't mind doing it again one day.  What shocked me though was my wife at the time worked in the small law office where the defense attorney worked, so I sort of knew him.  And the prosecution still picked me.  I also never knew that once they pick a jury, they immediately shuffle them straight into the courtroom and the trial begins right away.  I assumed we would be told when and where to report the next day.

Diana_CT

I have been called to jury duty many times but only got pick for one, it was a federal civil trail and it went to verdict.
For state cases I was called probably a half a dozen times and never got picked. One time we were sitting in the jury room while they were doing the voir dire* and they showed the movie “The Help.” They three quarter of the way through the movie they said we could go home because they settled out of court we refused to leave until the movie was over.

*Connecticut is weird, each prospective juror in interviewed separately, we are sworn in on the witness stand and questioned by both the defendant and the plaintiff lawyers like you were on trial. I made it to being called in to be interviewed for the voir dire, on the witness stand they swore me in and then everyone left the room with just me and the bailiff sitting in the court room. I thought it couldn’t have been me because I showered that morning. After about a half hour the court clerk came out and said that I could go, that they settled the case. While the feds asked the voir dire question to the whole group of prospective juror at once. The feds picked jurors for five cases while CT picks jurors for one case in five weeks.

adiantum

6.7 Thanks Irina, you've made me confident I'll not be selected as being disagreeable & opinionated comes natural to me. :rofl: 

Ran, age was the first excuse I looked for . It's 75 yrs here, but by then I might enjoy the opportunity as an outing.

I'm not good at determining if I'm told the truth or a lie. I love this BBC TV shop " Would I Lie to You" .

Diana_CT
4 hours ago, ran23 said:

121 this 31F morning.  what age do they stop Jury duty? 

Here in Connecticut they get the voter list from the voter registration and the Department of Motor Vehicle so also long as you vote and drive you are on the voter list

fattyboyjp3

Well last night I had a big idea to make my Pizza crust out of Whole wheat 100 whole-grain flour, well....  I guess you have to add some other magic flour to this batch of dough, and I need to figure this out because 40min after I ate my really thin "healthy pizza (I thought")  was Healthy maybe for a normal person.  So I tested my levels there captain and it was out of this world!  LOL, can you say 375!   WOW, I won't do that again.  This was also late we ate to like 10 Oclock and me was lazy at night I sat around played Xbox with my son,  I should have gone out and ridden my bike at midnight in the freezing cold! 

Anyways this morning I was 150!

gpnfish

First time adding, and new to “eating by meter”!  131 today.  After dinner last night it was 137.  Guess I over-did dinner a little bit last.

meyery2k
2 hours ago, fattyboyjp3 said:

Well last night I had a big idea to make my Pizza crust out of Whole wheat 100 whole-grain flour, well....  I guess you have to add some other magic flour to this batch of dough, and I need to figure this out because 40min after I ate my really thin "healthy pizza (I thought")  was Healthy maybe for a normal person.  So I tested my levels there captain and it was out of this world!  LOL, can you say 375!   WOW, I won't do that again.  This was also late we ate to like 10 Oclock and me was lazy at night I sat around played Xbox with my son,  I should have gone out and ridden my bike at midnight in the freezing cold! 

Anyways this morning I was 150!

Yeah,  my meter taught me similar lessons...