Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

I think Ive become too blase` over reported shark sightings & must pick up my game.

Talking to a man in the park yesterday  & he casually announced "i just saw a fin" .

Maybe I'm practicing for jury duty as I didn't believe him .

He was just too casual & showed no alarm if it had been a shark nor excitement if it had been a dolphin.

what if he  had been honest? Less then 100 yards away was about 30 teenagers learning to paddle board as a school sport.

Remorse would've become hysteria if it had been a hungry shark...but I still think he was full of it.

Hammer

A 74 (4.11) today.  Last week, when I saw my doctor for my 4 month checkup, I asked her if milk thistle was beneficial to your liver, since that's what the claims state (which hasn't been evaluated by the FDA, of course.)  She told me that there hasn't been any research on milk thistle, but that she knows a number of doctors who suggest using milk thistle to their patients.  The reason that I asked her was because my liver enzymes are always a bit high, and I've always taken milk thistle supplements, but in the past, I wasn't taking the correct amount.  I thought that I was supposed to take one capsule a day, but after reading the instructions one day, it said to take one capsule, three times a day, so I started taking 1 capsule, four times a day, and my liver enzymes have dropped slightly, which is good since I enjoy my nightly whiskey and Sprite Zero (formerly Diet Sprite.)  The whiskey is why my liver enzymes have gone up, but since I started taking 1 milk thistle capsule, four times a day, my liver enzymes seem to have settled out.

FunDad62

19 hours ago, adiantum said:

I think Ive become too blase` over reported shark sightings & must pick up my game.

Talking to a man in the park yesterday  & he casually announced "i just saw a fin" .

Most people would be shocked at how many sharks are close to the shore at any given time.  I've seen many aerial videos of crowded beaches and sharks just swimming around off the beach.  I grew up on an island and was in the water constantly.  Until I saw JAWS at 13 years old.  Lol.

IrinaHarr
22 hours ago, adiantum said:

what if he  had been honest? Less then 100 yards away was about 30 teenagers learning to paddle board as a school sport.

Remorse would've become hysteria if it had been a hungry shark...but I still think he was full of it.

May I suggest use of a pool? since I saw JAWS I would not even go into water in Minnesota lake (not to mention OCEAN) - just in case a big hungry muskie wants to put a bite on me :)

meyery2k

Lebkuchen - I once had a neighbor (from Germany nonetheless) that would make lebkuchen and give to us.  Yeah, I would probably be blaming that too if she were still my neighbor.  Those are so good.

adiantum

6.5 ..." lebkuchen" my favourite christmas treat.

Would it make you folk feel warm thinking about the 41C / 106F  we had yesterday? 

I know my mind often strayed to those christmas scenes I occasionally see on cards.

This area often has the harmless Port Jackson shark, although occasionally a bull shark is seen.

They seem to enjoy the taste of human.

I was even scared in the pool after seeing JAWS.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

So this morning I woke up at 2 AM and at 3 I tested... 163!

I knew that couldn't be right, so I read some more and eventually fell back to sleep around 4 and woke up again at a little before 7 and retested 106. DP?

fattyboyjp3

I ran out of test strips for One Touch and ContourNext, the insurance will not refill until the 23rd, meanwhile, I will go to Walmart (wallyWorld)!

adiantum

A friend called in yesterday with gifts... A hamper of cake,pudding,chocolates, shortbread & lollies/candy etc.

Yes, she knows I'm a D but I guess thats what you give old people.

Irina,  I cant resist it...... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooc5eJc5SHA