Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

91 today.

To anyone that runs a small business or has dealings with a small business that is honest, kudos.

I went to the bike shop yesterday ready to hand my wallet to Chris.  One of my bike had rocking pedals.  This can be a bad thing.  Chris told me to take my bike home, take the cranks off, remove, the bottom bracket (the thing in the center of the bike the cranks attach to, grease everything, put it together, then come back if it is still wobbly.  I had all the tools but it was my first time on the job.  Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and problem solved.  I thanked Chris and told him that I come in there wallet open.  He laughed and said to just keep coming there and, if I need to open the wallet, then we will figure something out.  Great shop.

Bella, was the helper as usual.  She was, I suppose, pretending to be spare parts.  Keep in mind this bag is greasy from the parts I had in it to show Chris.  Any time I go in the room, put a bike on the stand, and break out the tools, she is there.  This, in spite of the occasional swearing, yelling, parts or tools dropping on her, getting sprayed with various fluids, she is there.  She reminds me of those cats or dogs found on fishing boats that brave the danger. 

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Kit

98 here

9 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

Bella, was the helper as usual.  She was, I suppose, pretending to be spare parts.  Keep in mind this bag is greasy from the parts I had in it to show Chris.  Any time I go in the room, put a bike on the stand, and break out the tools, she is there.  This, in spite of the occasional swearing, yelling, parts or tools dropping on her, getting sprayed with various fluids, she is there.  She reminds me of those cats or dogs found on fishing boats that brave the danger. 

Psycho kitty had to be helpful, especially when cleaning the litter box.

I would come into the room with all the stuff I needed and he'd come racing in behind me.

I'd get down and remove the litter liner and litter from the box, turn around, and toss it into the trash can.

Turn back and remove Psycho Kitty from the litter box.

Reach over to grab the litter deodorizer and liner

Remove Psycho Kitty from the litter box.

Put on liner and sprinkle with a little deodorizer.  Reach over to grab bag of litter.

Remove Psycho Kitty from the littler box.  He's now covered in the deodorizer.  Try to brush most of it off.

Grab bag of litter.

Catch Psycho Kitty before he manages to get into the litter box.

Put in litter

Allow psycho kitty to jump in and "christen" the littler.

I swear this was a ritual for him.  There were times I would wait until I heard him using the litter box before I cleaned it.  We'd go through the entire ritual anyway.  :)

meyery2k

One time, I had a tube blowout while the bike was on the stand.  In volume it is somewhere between a firecracker and a pistol shot.  We both ducked!  Afterwards we peeked at each other from our respective hiding positions/postures and went back to work lol...

My other cat Tigger, will come in and hang out if the activity is not too noisy.  If something drops or clangs, he is gone.

He likes coffee time (every morning we fight over desk space while I am drinking coffee) and reading time at night.  He will also, on his own time, have talking time where he will have a conversation with a human.  Tim was openly skeptical about talking time until he experienced it for himself.

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.  

Kit, if psycho kitty is getting in the way of you cleaning out the litter box, why not buy a second litter box, prepare the second litter box like you do the first one, and keep it in a closet or other secure place where psycho kitty can't get to?  When it comes time to clean out the first litter box, place the second litter box in place of the first litter box, pick up the first litter box, and take it to another room and clean it out, then prepare it to be used when the second litter box needs cleaning, and store it in the same, secure place.

adiantum

6 for me.. I guess I sweated glucose yesterday.

The heat was nasty at 41.3C / 106.3 , I used to stand under the garden hose to cool off,

but we're on water restrictions & cant use a hose between 10am to 4pm.

A Southerly arrived 8pm & cooled everything down. Today is bliss!!

OneEye

79mg/dL this morning. My average FBG last January was 120+mg/dL. Since last January...I've lost 46 lbs. I'm literally starving myself thinner. 31 lbs to go and I'll be able to dig out my old clothes. The last time I was this weight was in 1996. My original mantra still stands in regards to weight loss. 'You wanna lose weight...push yourself away from the table a little earlier and trade that 18" dinner plate in for a salad plate'.

adiantum

I've been supplement feeding Magpies in the park & notice how they just move  away when theyve had enough.

I never  developed  that skill.

I gave an 8yr old boy his christmas  gift yesterday as a thank you for being so nice to all the dogs & what a pleasure to see him so excited.

A compass & binoculars is still essential for an inquisitive mind. He was having a great time .

IrinaHarr
20 hours ago, adiantum said:

I gave an 8yr old boy his christmas  gift yesterday as a thank you for being so nice to all the dogs & what a pleasure to see him so excited.

A compass & binoculars is still essential for an inquisitive mind. He was having a great time .

Binoculars was a hit with our grandkids last year, something they never experienced before. A compass is even better! 🎁

When I pick gift for grandkids, I ask myself "Do I want to play with it, is it fun, is it fascinating?" If the answer is NO i do not buy :)