Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

89 today.

Great weekend.  To my delighted surprise, the manufacturer sent me a replacement wheel for the one that bent.  I am "that guy" at the bike shop and with the manufacturer (3rd wheel in one year).  Bella and I mounted the tube and tire Saturday afternoon with no incident.  It was, however, too rainy to ride.  Sunday started with rain.  Around 2PM it cleared up enough to ride.  I wanted to try out my new wheel but instinct told me to take Fiare (the bike with panniers) out.  I did and found to my delight when I stopped by the grocery store that they had goose!  I had been pestering them all month and was finally told it probably wouldn't happen.  Lo and behold, though, there were 2 geese for sale.  I bought one and managed to fit that into the pannier along with all the other stuff I bought at other stores.  The goose alone was 10 pounds and I had bought an assortment of canned and jarred items so I was a little wobbly at first with all the extra weight.  I have learned the not so hard way to balance a load across the racks when possible.  One of those times I actually listened to someone lol...

It is frozen and I don't think it would thaw in time for Christmas but there is always New Years :)

Even though she is an older bike and showing dings and age, Fiare is still a great bike and I can see plenty of adventure left in her.

No photo description available.

adiantum

8.2  I should've had a whisky with those crackers &dip.

The compass should give him fun watching for the ISS to arrive. He can also see the wind direction by the moored yachts  facing the wind.

I  should buy one for myself for when I go house hunting to determine which rooms capture the breeze etc.

Two houses Ive been watching online are no longer listed for sale nor as sold.

They might've become victims of the fires as they were in that region.

Happy Holidays !!!

Holiday Camel
Edited by adiantum

Hammer

An 85 (4.72).

Mike, I've never used it or even know how to use it, but if your microwave is big enough, it has a defrost cycle on it.  If that goose will fit in your microwave (it probably won't), would that thaw it out enough to be able to cook it for Christmas?  I'm not sure how large a 10 pound goose is, but my microwave is the largest that I could find at the time, and it's big enough to hold a large pan pizza (still in the pizza box) from Pizza Hut.

Edited by Hammer

meyery2k

One problem I have encountered with defrosting meat in the microwave is that it sometimes starts to actually cook the meat and then the texture is not quite right.  Considering this thing was $60 USD, I will wait for it to defrost in the refrigerator lol...

ran23

guess I missed today, 118.   chance of rain is done now.   maybe the backyard can dry out and I can get my new fence at the end of January. 

FunDad62

Fell asleep without taking my evening meds.  For defrosting....my mom  would soak a frozen bird in cold water and change the water every 30 minutes or so.  Nowadays she would just take it out and leave it on the kitchen counter for hours until it thawed.  At 85, she's not real concerned about bacteria from food.  Her answer is "I've always done it like that and I'm still here."

adiantum

Merry Holidays !!!

7.2 & I still intend on having a croissant with smoked salmon & cream cheese.

Went to bed last night just as the radio was discussing how to cook a goose.

First she said was they dont have much meat on them and  they have big bones.

Pffft.. thinks I.. even poor geese stick to the story that theyre not fat,just big boned .

Then I fell asleep even  before the oven temp was declared.

Mike, your goose doesnt look big boned.

Edited by adiantum

meyery2k

87 this morning.  Got the roast beef in the oven.  Kala invited a bunch of her friends to dinner that had nowhere to go so this 9 pound roast will go to good use.

Merry Christmas to all!

Kit

I'm jealous of that bed roast. I'm not a big fan of turkey, but everyone insists it has to be turkey and nothing else. 

I'm on another upswing. The solution my doctor gave me was to stop checking my blog glucose levels and eat more carbs. I told her to go to heck. *sigh*

Roasted Brussels sprouts and a couple eggs had me in the 120s yesterday. 

Oh, and this is so cool. 

https://crayfis.io/

Edited by Kit

adiantum

7.1  & it could've been much worse.

Today we celebrate Boxing Day, a relic of bygone years when the servants were given their christmas gift.

So its a lazy day eating left overs & it doesnt matter if the house is untidy. 

friends call in & were glued to the TV watching cricket but changing channels at midday to watch the start of the  Sydney to Hobart yacht  race.

This is my favorite day.

Ahnanimus

94 today. We're also celebrating Boxing day. I'm just lazing, watching a bit of t.v. and eating leftovers today . Not even the many Boxing day sales can lure me outdoors.