Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit

96 here

yay

I started a new book I'm enjoying.  I don't wanna be at work.  I want to be at home curled up and reading.  :)

meyery2k

84 today.  Saw this lenticular cloud yesterday on my way to see Pickles.  Had a great dinner at my daughter's house.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, ocean, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: cat

adiantum

I'll soon have to donate to wiki thanks to the new words I learn here on df.

"lenticular cloud"..thats enough to encourage a girl to learn  cloud patterns.

Ahnanimus, I did my boxing day shopping online & had great success .

I posted of some in the thrifting thread but hey... there was a lot more.

Mostly christmas decorations for next year so now I have to  watch my bg so I dont die before then .  :rofl:

Hammer

A 95 (5.28) today.  Kit, something that happens to a lot of us is that, when you are still in the workforce, you wish that you didn't have to be at work a lot of the time, and, like you said, you'd rather be at home, curled up and reading a book, but when you retire, you find that you want to be up and about doing things, even though you don't have to, instead of curled up reading a book.☺️

janice21475
17 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

On my "boxing day" I boxed all unwanted gifts and sent them back to Amazon  :biggrin:

Wow, you can do that???  Thanks for the mental image. 😁

adiantum

7 & yes it's hot down here.My dog was heat affected yesterday & that was scary.

I wrapped him in a towel that had been drenched in water & he sat in front of a turbo fan.

Ceiling or pedestal fans are of no use to a dog on floor level, so Ive put 6 floor fans in the rooms he prefers .

I also put frozen mango & watermelon cubes on the window sill for the birds.

I shouldve provided such care for myself. My leg & arm  mussels seized up last night, & arthritis flared up in shoulders.

I assume dehydration. Drank heaps with magnesium tabs plus pain killers.

It couldve been worse.. I couldve been a horse.* bang bang *

The paracetamol weren't very effective. I guess it was because their expiry date  09/2017

meyery2k

Lee - Make sure to stay hydrated.  As we get older the mechanisms to warn us of dehydration don't work as well.

If you can find Nuun tablets, you can drop one in a pint of water.  They provide electrolyte.  While they come in various flavors, they all taste bad but they work.

PowerAde or Gatorade come in zero sugar formulas.  They taste much better too.