Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit

99 here

I'm getting tired of the cold.  And more snow due Friday evening/Saturday Morning.  And then more snow again early next week.

The region isn't setup for this kind of weather.

Ahnanimus

85 today. It's a lovely cool morning which will evolve into a scorching hot day. It's the dry season and I'm always sad when I  see the  landscape  that was once lush and green  become black and scorched from bush fires. The smell of smoke is constantly in the air.

janice21475
2 hours ago, Ahnanimus said:

85 today. It's a lovely cool morning which will evolve into a scorching hot day. It's the dry season and I'm always sad when I  see the  landscape  that was once lush and green  become black and scorched from bush fires. The smell of smoke is constantly in the air.

Good morning!  Maybe, if the dry season makes you sad you can rejoice at the terrific numbers you are having. The weather is going to be whatever it is but your lovely low reading is the result of what you fed your body. Focus on something you have control over and have a great day, you deserve it!

Kit

92.  Yay.  Didn't do anything different either.

Snow is coming this afternoon.  We had some very small and minor flurries as I was leaving home this morning.  Looking forward to a weekend curled up inside.

adiantum

I woke up feeling cold & pulling the sheet up over me wasnt enough... could that be summer is leaving us?

Today is only to be 34C/93F

It is sad to see the after effects of fire. I know the bush will return, but the animals have suffered.

6 hours ago, Ahnanimus said:

It's the dry season and I'm always sad when I  see the  landscape  that was once lush and green  become black and scorched from bush fires. The smell of smoke is constantly in the air.

steel

whew! i've been away. 😑 (and not liking these new emojis)

had an ear surgery on tuesday. BG fasting was 5.2, then stayed just a bit elevated at 6 for several hours. I am guessing it was from the stress of the surgery. Fasting on wednesday was 92.

So my theory was right ...in that my period started yesterday....and my BG (4 hours after eating) was 80. My fasting this morning was a first... 78.

It's amazing how the hormonal stuff, period stuff and BG stuff is so interconnected. My period still isn't regular, and I can see that my BG rises when it's late. And it drops when my period is on time and also just when it starts. To think, as a teen, I didn't take all the missed cycles seriously...had no idea PCOS was wreaking havoc on my body.

p.s. At the doctor's, I met a 20 year old T2D who's had PCOS since she was 13. She is trying to lose over a 100 pounds. She did have the full T1 antibodies panel done, and it was negative. So she's definitely T2.  And we were just talking about how much people are blamed for inflicting Diabetes on themselves. With every passing month and year, we learn that T2d is not a self inflicted disease. Fatness does not cause it.  I felt for her, getting a diagnosis in her 20s. At least I had several more years of carefree eating. So many things I took for granted...I no longer can with Diabetes. Sure that is good for my diabetes struck body, but I also understood that her diagnosis was distressing for her at her age. It was no easier for me at 30. The good news is her A1C fell to 5.5 from 8, after she started keto. I told her about Dr. Bernstein too. Hope she'll read his works.

Edited by steel

Kit

104 for me.

Now its just annoying me.

Just finished getting the pork roast into the oven.  Should be done sometime this afternoon.  Got a nice big bunch of radishes that I'm going to make like fried potatoes again.  If I get enough, I'll cook them in the roast drippings.

I have no intention of going outside today.  Its a winter wonderland out there.  At least the wind storm we were supposed to get seems to be either delayed or canceled.  

ran23

124 this morning.  Discovered stripped radish Kim chee,  Dicon slices in (relish liquid?)  Brown rice and chicken I couldn't pass. 

Ahnanimus

108 today .It's been a while since I've had a triple digit FBG,  but I'll just plead the fifth. Really wished that my bg would like the same things my mouth enjoys 😁

Happy weekend guys.

adiantum

I met some interesting people in the park last night. A woman was telling me about the drone her husband  made & was learning to fly it.

Did you see it ? she asked.

I dont know how I missed seeing a drone and two men in a tree.

She thought she'd have to drive home alone as the men had no intentions of leaving that drone.

Like a plane has a black box that helps recovery, a drone lets out a beep  which sounds like a bird call.

I'm so glad I met her as I did hear that sound & wondered what kind of bird it could be.

I might start taking magazines to the park for her, as she will have many visits until those boys learn to fly that toy.