Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

Gail's Mom is no longer on dialysis.  Apparently her kidneys have resumed normal function and she has had the catheter removed.  I saw a video on social media where she fed the lion for Chinese New Year and she is looking much better.

Now the next hurdle is heart bypass surgery in March or so.

adiantum

8 Mike this is great news of Gails mum. She's been having a rough journey & the planned by-pass is another rough patch.

She's part of our family now.

Kit

96 here

So, the road that goes through my subdivision is , for want of a better word, humped.  Its higher in the middle and slopes down towards the sides.  On my side of the road, driveways then go upwards.  So there's a decent dip where the bottom of the drive meets the road.  Its up to my knees there.  I have to create some sort of ramp of snow if I want any chance of getting my car through it.  Either that or shovel the road as well.

adiantum

Today could be the last day of Summer exceeding 100F  at least I'm hoping it is.

The remainder of the week is to be in the 80's.

Kit, I'm sure Hammer is revving up his snow blower at the thought  of your driveway.

Hammer

A 106 (5.88) today.  It looks like I'll need to increase my nightly Lantus dose, since my numbers have been creeping up lately.

Lee, we are in the process of getting 3-5 inches of snow here.  It's been snowing since early morning, so once the sun comes up, if the snow has stopped, I'll be out there having fun with my snowblower.☺️

steel

90 this morning. had a lung function test.  it was annoying lol.

@Hammer how much lantus do you take currently?

Edited by steel

adiantum

I guess I slept through the DP party.

I woke at 5am & it wasn't hot so I went back to bed until 7.30.

It was lovely appreciating the cool breeze  coming through the window, so I guess I fell asleep again until 9am.

Hammer
20 hours ago, steel said:

90 this morning. had a lung function test.  it was annoying lol.

@Hammer how much lantus do you take currently?

Steel, I am presently taking 67 units of Lantus every night.  That dosage is constantly changing, and is based on what my wake up BG levels are.  When I first started on Lantus, I was taking 156 units every night.  As I lost weight, that dosage dropped all the way down to 48 units a night, then, it began to rise again....up to 92 units a night.  The dosage is never fixed at one point for very long, so testing is vital for me to know where my dosage should be.  Tonight, I'll be upping my dosage to 68 units, since I woke up a while ago and I was at 88, which I know a lot of people would think is good, but to me, I want to be in the upper 60's to the middle 70's, so increasing my dose by one more unit should get me into that range. 

steel

92 this morning.

82 - 2 hours post dinner. we'll see what happens for fasting lol.

Thanks for answering Hammer! It sounds stressful, having to test frequently to make sure you're taking the right dose of insulin. I am reading about these insulin delivery pills that are being worked on. I am not sure if they'd work as well as injections do.