Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

FunDad62

Ingrown toenails are awful.  I despise trimming my toenails so much that a year and a half ago, I started getting pedicures.  I love not having to do it myself and of course they make them look perfect.  Mine don't grow fast so I go once a month.

Ahnanimus

86 today.  It's a bit overcast but I'm hoping for clear skies tonight as there's going to be a super moon tomorrow;  but I  always find the moon appears larger the night before the full moon.

I  have a bottle of wine chilling and my girlfriend says chemo be dammed, she's hanging out tonight. So I'm doing the happy dance 😂.

@meyery2k I like the Kokopelli version, it gives your bike character and a unique personality. 

meyery2k
On 2/17/2019 at 6:57 AM, janice21475 said:

It would be nice to see that character on a license plate behind your seat.  I know of no where on the frame to paint it. A very good name!

I ordered this.  From the same people that made the plate for "Fiare"...

Simple and to the point...

He was a trickster again today.  The front wheel axle bolt worked loose so the wheel had some play in it.  A simple tightening and we had a 100 km ride with no further events other than to visit Pickles the cat and have a lot of fun.  I mentioned it to Chad and he is just flummoxed.  He swears up and down he checked that bike out thoroughly and I believe him.  I think his mana (spirit) is simply a mischievous one. 

image.thumb.png.78d3a55292f3fe4ea28a990bc72aacec.png

Hammer

A 94 (5.22) for me today I think.  As always, I fell asleep in front of the computer, and when I got up, I tested and I was at 94.  I then went to bed, but I couldn't fall asleep.  I laid there for several hours, then I decided to just get up.  I didn't test when I got up because I didn't fall asleep, so I guess it's a 94.

We are expecting another mixed winter storm starting late tonight (Tuesday) and lasting until early Thursday morning.  They are calling for 5-8 inches (12.7cm - 20.3cm) of a mixture of snow, sleet, and freezing rain, depending on where you live.  Whatever we get won't last long, since Thursday's high is going to be 48°F (3.3°C).  Friday and Saturday's highs will be in the low to mid 40's (4.4's C), and Sunday it's going to rain with the high going to be 62°F (16.6°C).

pattycolombia

Not nice on sunday bedtime 115 and wake up with 171, last night bedtime 96 and wake up 150, wake up readings are usually high for me.

Diana_CT

On this hump day my reading was a nice 103.

Tonight we are once again forecasted to get the trifecta of weather, it is supposed to start as snow, then turn to sleet and end up as freezing rain. But Thursday the temperature is supposed to go from in the twenties (-7 C) in the morning and then in the fifties (10 C) in the afternoon. 

Ahnanimus

Came on to post my reading, then realised I hadn't tested. Could too much laughter make you forgetful? Asking for a friend.😁😁😁

meyery2k

101 today.

Fiare will be getting her annual tune-up.  I told myself I would do this when the chain stretched enough to be replaced.  This past weekend did it.  A thorough inspection, lube, cleaning, cables for the shifting and brakes, and a new cassette (the gears on the rear wheel) will make her a nearly new bike.  The $125 is a small fee when I consider how much riding I do in one year.

The joke in cycling is when someone is new and asks how much does it cost?  The answer is "Well, how much money do you have?"  The reality is that it can be a very economical means of transport.  Chains last about 1500 miles and cost $20.  The cassettes last 3 or 4 chain changes and cost $30.  Brake pads are about $20 and last depending on how much you use them.  Inner tubes cost less than $10.

Hammer

Mike, I have one inner tube....a 10 inch one.  I bought it some years ago for one purpose....to help me inflate the tires on my hand truck.  Since I rarely use the hand truck, the tires lose air and they are flat when I need the hand truck.  When that happens, the tires are almost falling off of the rims, so just trying to put air in them doesn't work, since the air stem valves are exposed, and placing an air hose on the tire valve just releases the air into the atmosphere.  I'll place the 10 inch inner tube around a tire (it's a snug fit), then inflate the inner tube, and that squeezes the tire up against the rim making it snug against the rim.  I'll then just inflate the tire.  Once the tire is inflated, I'll let the air out of the inner tube, and use it to do the same thing to the second tire.  Without that 10 inch inner tube, I'd have no way to inflate the tires on my hand truck.☺️