Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Diana_CT

It is a wild and crazy morning. Everything is coated with a layer of ice, we had about and inch (2.5cm) of sleet before it changed to freezing rain. The temperature is going from 29 (-1.7C) to 54 (12C) this afternoon. At least there is no wind to bring down the power lines but there are a lot of traffic accidents. 

I am substituting for a college professor this morning and I have my fingers crossed that the class will be cancelled because I don't want to drive on icy roads to the class this morning. 

Edited by Diana_CT

Diana_CT
2 hours ago, Kit said:

89 here

@Diana_CT hope the classes are cancelled.  I wouldn't want to go out in that if I could avoid it.

It wasn't, when I wrote that it was 29 and everything was ice coated but by 10:30 when I left to go to class it was 46 and the bright sun melted all the road

adiantum

That was great news Diana.

7.5 for me.

Today is predicted to be 25c / 77F I guess it wont be long and I'll be complaining about the cold.

steel

4.6 BG

Ugh guys I am sick again. I have no idea what's going on because I have not had blood pressure issues in the past. Now my diastolic number went up to 95. And the systolic was 120. For a couple if days I had seen readings like 108/93 etc . Then yesterday I woke up feeling awful lots of chest discomfort. My no was 130/110 wtf??

I had chest discomfort and a headache too so I went to the hospital. After hours if waiting they told it me wasn't that high (isn't the bottom number high? At the hospital it was 140/105). I have diabetes so I shouldn't play with out of the blue high BP anyway. The diuretic they have me on hasn't lowered it in a whole day. The bottom number is still 100. I am still not feeling good. And my family doctor said a high diastolic number isn't even treated these days. It's like would you rather kidney disease heart disease and stroke ? Anyway that didn't help much.

I suspected my thyroid might be an issue. But my TSH was normal. I've read metformin can lower it too. So who even knows. I'm having a thyroid antibodies test soon . But this has been nerve wracking. I have lost 15 pounds. My cholesterol went down. My BG is great. If anything my BP that was normal should have stayed that way or gotten lower. And it's high.

I also considered if I hadn't supplemented with electrolytes properly on keto but the electrolyte tests were fine too.

I am confused and just feeling terrible physically. Nothing silent or asymptomatic about this no issue.

janice21475
On 2/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, pattycolombia said:

Not nice on sunday bedtime 115 and wake up with 171, last night bedtime 96 and wake up 150, wake up readings are usually high for me.

Hello Patty, Glad you have joined the group. I am curious, what you have been eating and when do you eat. Do you keep a food list? This will be very helpful in figuring out the high's you are having. Normally highs follow a meal that has carbs or is too much for your body to handle. Keeping a food list will be of great benefit. Simply write everything you put into your mouth on a pad. List the time and the amount. Then when you take your readings  you will be able to learn what foods bring high numbers, then you can avoid them or limit them. Hope this helps and you get things under control, it is very hard on your body to bounce from high to low.  Hope this helps, Janice

meyery2k
2 minutes ago, TX_Clint said:

76 today

Wow! Up early Mike. You must be itching to ride. :)

Unfortunately, I can't find anyone that will pay me to ride my bike so I am working.  I have a lot going on and an early start gives me time to accomplish tasks that require concentration without interruption.  This thought train I have is easily derailed.

I am usually off work by 3 so I have time to ride.  I work from home, my employer's office is 200 miles away on another island.  I manage myself and the understanding is that I can work pretty much whenever I want to as long as the work gets done.  A good percentage of my job is now done via remote access.  It used to be that everything was hands on but now I only roll if I actually have to touch something.

I am the only employee with this privilege, largely due to geography.  I have proven that I manage my time and, I believe, that I am a better resource for my employer because I will take tickets late at night or over the weekend without complaint.  I am given ample time off to compensate.

adiantum

It's 26 deg here too ran but thats a lovely 26C and heavy rain.

I guess I'll have to stay home and do housework... just the thought of that could make a girl sad.

Diana_CT

103 was this morning's reading. I missed yesterday's reading, I realized to late that I hadn't taken my reading before eating breakfast.