Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

91 this morning.

Yesterday, I rode with the racing group.  Kokopelli and I easily kept up the whole ride.  We set up a peloton with 5 riders coming back which was a lot of fun.

This was an interesting innovation I came across.  A weed whacker engine, scooter, bicycle brakes, and other assorted parts, mixed with guts...

If you look closely, you will see the brakes just grab onto the front tire.

I am told the top speed is about 35 mph (56km/h). The front handle folds down and is reportedly "sketchy".

I must admit that I really wanted to try it out.  It looked like a lot of fun.

It would be easy to judge this as crazy but then I think about riding a contraption of rubber, plastic, and metal down a rode while 2 ton cars constantly pass just feet away from me... 

1126020915_20190223_100018(493x1024).thumb.jpg.0f992730d37bf3ad5c66b7077157db08.jpg

adiantum

The changing of the season is happening.

It was cool enough to close the back door last night  for   the first time in months.

Hammer

A 98 (5.44) for me today.  The temperature here dropped from 62°F (16.7°C) yesterday, to 32°F (0°C) today, and we are getting 25-35 mph winds.(40-56 kph.)  It's always interesting to get winds like this, because when the wind blows at these speeds, it makes for interesting outside sounds around my house.  Before I installed storm windows, strong winds would make my casement windows vibrate, so much so that the windows would make a loud, low, groaning sound, which, when you were quietly watching TV and weren't expecting it, would startle you.☺️

Ahnanimus

107 for no good reason. Maybe waking at 3.00a.m  and not being able to get back to sleep could be the reason.

Have a happy and productive week guys 

adiantum

6.7  Thanks Hammer, that was the first time  Ive enjoyed a man discussing his wind & the sounds it makes :rofl:

Sounds of nature is a wonderful experience & I'm glad D doesnt affect  hearing.

My house is kept quiet during the day so I can hear individual bird calls. I even run out to watch if its the sea eagles or black cockatoos.

This mornings sound was of the early morning traffic roar in the distance. It's another sign of the change of seasons as I never hear that in Summer.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

Lee, in all of the years that I've lived in my house, we have had a number of blizzards.  When one of these blizzards hit, it has sometimes been accompanied with strong winds.  Sitting in my house, knowing that it's snowing like crazy outside, and listening to the strong winds, always had a sort of soothing effect.  I'd look out my windows frequently, to see what was happening outside, and I could just see the snow piling up and being blown all over, creating huge snow drifts.  I knew that I'd have to go out in the snow to clear it off of my driveway, and lots of times, go out while it was still heavily snowing and the winds were strong, in order to clear off my driveway before the snow got too deep (my snowblower wouldn't have been high enough to clear off my driveway if I waited for the snow to stop, so I'd go out and clear it off while it was snowing), but just sitting here listening to the winds, had a very calming effect.

Of course, there were times when we'd get a heavy snowfall without the heavy winds, and those days were so quiet and peaceful.  I'd sit here watching it snow, and it all seemed like a fairy tale....the quietness and the snow rapidly falling.  It's as if the earth was being painted by a quiet, white brush, that turned even the ugliness around you, into something beautiful. (snow has a way of doing that...☺️)  If there was something that you or a neighbor had sitting outside that was an eyesore, if you had a heavy snowfall, that eyesore would be transformed into a beautiful, white shape that was no longer an eyesore.

Edited by Hammer

Ahnanimus

75 today, and like yesterday, for no particular reason.  No complaints here, I love it and gratefully accept it. 

@Hammer  you've given such a beautiful and picturesque description of the snow it makes me wish I  could peer out my window and gaze on its beauty also.

TX_Clint

136 yesterday and 131 today. Looks like another bad Basaglar basal insulin pen. I'll change it out and be under 100 tomorrow. 

Fraser

Waiting for our over 7 inches of rain today!  Last year  80% of the state was in draught this year it is down to 23%.  Of course now there is flooding and landslides.   Ugh.  Nothing dangerous around me, just in the last 30 days we have had 26 days of some rain.  They count the depth of snow in the mountains by feet per day. 

Edited by Fraser