Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.

I wondered what the coldest temperature that was ever recorded was, so I Googled it, and it was -128.6°F (-89.2°C).  It was recorded at a Russian research station in Vostok, Antarctica, on July 21, 1983.  I'd like to have experienced what that felt like. (I'd probably need to wear more than just a long sleeved shirt, jeans, jogging shoes, and a hoodie.☺️)  I'd imagine that, at that temperature, your skin would freeze in a matter of seconds, if it wasn't covered up.  While I love cold weather, that might be a little too cold, even for me.☺️

I do know that at extremely cold temperatures, cars need to be kept inside, because if they are left outside, the gasoline would freeze, and the tires would become brittle and shatter when you tried to drive the car....not to mention that the anti-freeze in the radiator would also freeze, as would the other fluids in the car, including the power steering fluid, the brake fluid, the transmission fluid, and all of the lubricants on the car. (Hmmm...I wonder if the radio and heater would work...?)😄

Kit

101 for me

I blame it on the fact that I didn't go for my walk last night.  It was in the 20s and the wind was really blowing and I just didn't have the heart for it.

adiantum

Hammer, you obviously think deeper on living in Antarctica then I do. 

I often look atthe webcams at Casey or Mawson Stations etc & wonder what it would be like to live without trees.

Of course I'd only look at them from a window as I'd not be going outside in that cold.

steel

6 this morning. have a cold and cough, also the new med affects fasting BG. eh i don't want to think about it too much right now.

good news? - second A1C 4.9 !!! this one was with a normal hemoglobin :) so it's accurate. now i have an idea of what my fasting and pp blood sugar targets are like to get that A1C.

- LDL is down to 2.7 and HDL is back up. Triglycerides were perfect.

ALT and GGT were slightly up. were normal last time. no idea what happened there. but it's not concerning.

B12 was super super low.

Anyone here have thyroid issues? My TSH was 3, and it's very close to the 3.5 for diagnosis. The doctor ordered T3 and T4 tests and a thyroid antibodies test, but the lab canceled them because my TSH was in the normal range (almost). I am having a lot of thyroid related symptoms, including massive hair loss, lowered body temperature, BP issues and so on. I am in canada, and they don't run further testing if TSH is normal, even though it's widely known that TSH isn't an accurate or sufficient test for thyroid disease.

What else? Metformin is known to reduce TSH as well. I could very well be hypothyroid (I was diagnosed first in 2005) and have a normal TSH value artificially lowered by the metformin, but okay cancel the tests. I'll pay out of pocket for those thyroid tests if I have to.

meyery2k

@steel - My thyroid was not working well.  My TSH was low.  I was prescribed Levothyroxine which seems to have been the solution.  At the time of diagnosis, I had not seen a doctor for years.  I was morbidly obese, found out I had  diabetes, had dangerously high blood pressure, and the underactive thyroid.  With all this going on, I cannot honestly say if there was anything that I noticed that I could blame on the thyroid.

Nowadays I have an abundance of energy but that could simply be due to tackling and getting all of that stuff above under control.

meyery2k

91 this morning.  Much better than yesterday.  While I have been a little anxious about my slightly higher fasting numbers, my EOM at home A1c test came in at 4.8 which has comforted me.  

Hammer

A 41 (2.27) today.  I ate a salad for dinner last night, and I think that I took a bit too much insulin for it.  I ate a few glucose tablets and that brought me up to a 96 (5.32).

Diana_CT

I don't know why, I didn't have anything out of the ordinary yesterday. Eggs & sausages with a slice of toast, a chicken sandwich for lunch and I went out at 6 with a group of social workers I had a martini, two mozzarella cheese sticks, two crab cakes, and a few handfuls of peanuts. I left at 8.

At 3 AM when I woke up... 170! Went back to sleep. 

At 6AM when I woke up again... 169!

In the past when I did the same thing my readings the next day were in the mid 120s, not 170!

Ahnanimus

85. It's the start of the long carnival weekend. I don't plan to participate but will watch the festivities on tv

Have a great weekend guys ☺

FunDad62
27 minutes ago, Ahnanimus said:

85. It's the start of the long carnival weekend. I don't plan to participate but will watch the festivities on tv

Have a great weekend guys ☺

As in Mardi Gras?  Are you in Lousiana?  I've been to Mardi Gras 3 or 4 times in my life.  My parents are from NOLA and my brother still lives there.

TX_Clint

131? It's the second week of Mardi Gras here in Galveston. A bit of a rain-out this week so far but better today and tomorrow. Laissez les bons temps rouler!