Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Ahnanimus

@FunDad62 I'm in Trinidad & Tobago, twin islands in the Caribbean. We are known as the land of calypso, soca and steelpan which is the only new musical instrument invented in the 20th century. Our carnival season begins at the start of the year with various fetes, concerts, cultural shows and culminates with the street festival on the Monday and Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. The carnival includes several art forms and competitions are held during the last week to select winners in each category. 

i really enjoy the soca music and my radio is always on blast at this time.Here is a video of one of my favourite soca songs this year.

Here is a video of one steelbands 

Here is the Queen of Carnival competition

Here is the King of Carnival

adiantum

Today is Sydney's LGBTQI mardi gras parade after a week of celebrations.

Happiness is a madi gras!!

Ahnanimus

89 and I'm going back to bed. I  stayed up until 3.00am watching the Soca Monarch finals, them found I couldn't sleep when it was done.

meyery2k

93 today.  Picked up Fiare from an annual servicing.  The brake and shifting cabling was replaced as it stretches with use.  No surprise there.  I service the brakes myself so they were good.  It was discovered that I wore out the bottom bracket (the part the pedals and cranks connect to in the middle of the frame).

Kit

Jinx again!  :)

93 for me.

Busy day a head.

adiantum

crackers & cheese created an 8 for me.

Poor Fiare..........would pushing up so many steep inclines created more wear?

meyery2k

I don't know.  I think just 12,000 miles does it.  A new bottom bracket was installed and she is riding better than ever.

Kit

92 here

Inside chores today and maybe some time to relax.

adiantum

8.5 wow 

I'm still sleepy but not in a coma like state I experienced all night.

I could hear the dog bark 3 times but couldnt do anything about it, not even wake enough to wonder if the house was on fire or we had an intruder.

Poor dog..he is expected to run the house while I sleep.

steel

thank you everybody for the encouragement regarding my a1c. it's been 6 months with diabetes, and it doesn't even feel like 6 months have passed. it makes me feel like years will fly by the same way, and i'll be okay.

meyery2k

I typically avoid riding in the rain.  Today I made an exception and had a great ride.  Most of the ride was a misty rain in the fog.  Since it was Sunday, there was not much traffic.  There are sights, sounds, and smells that can only be experienced in the rain.  I didn't even mind the extra clean up on the bike after...

This spider's web was a jewelled beauty with a little rain.

889120394_20190303_081844(556x1024).thumb.jpg.20b81e73aeafc5d950add10af2622feb.jpg

Diana_CT

We had around 10 inches (25 cm) of wet, heavy, sticky snow over night. The temperature hovered around freezing over night, luckily there was no wind to bring down powerlines.

High temperatures will be around 50 and then in the teens overnight freezing everything to ice.

Kit

82 for me.  Surprising really.  I wasn't that physically active yesterday and I did way too much "tasting" while I was cooking.  :)

Ahnanimus

86. It's Carnival Monday and I'm having a backyard lime with friends. Will try to go easy on the beers and snacks 😃

Hammer

A 73 (4.06) today.  We got about 3 inches of snow last night, so I went out this morning to clear off my driveway and my vehicles.  I really like my snow rake, and it does a quick and easy job of clearing the snow off of my vehicles.  Before I got the snow rake, I'd use a push broom to clear off my vehicles, but because the bristles are soft, lots of times it would take several passes of the broom to clear off one spot, plus, the bristles would constantly get clogged with snow, so I had to stop and clean the snow out the bristles.  The snow rake is some type of solid material that won't scratch your car, so just one push across the vehicle's roof, hood or trunk, clears the snow off of that section of the vehicle.  This is the snow rake that I have.  Notice in the third picture that it can be used on uneven sections of the car, like the raised section of the hood in that picture.

snow rake 1.jpg

Snow rake 2.jpg

snow rake 3.jpg