Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

Happy mardi gras Ahnanimus........you certainly know ow to have a good time.

Thats an interesting snow rake Hammer. It must be expensive living in snow country  having to buy equipment & serious heating.

TX_Clint

Nice snow rake Hammer. I understand you like that cold. I prefer living in the deep south where snow is very rare and if it happens just wait an hour and it will melt. 

You should make room in the garage for a car. I know it's probably full of toys and tools.

Hammer
48 minutes ago, TX_Clint said:

Nice snow rake Hammer. I understand you like that cold. I prefer living in the deep south where snow is very rare and if it happens just wait an hour and it will melt. 

You should make room in the garage for a car. I know it's probably full of toys and tools.

My garage is occupied with my garden tractor and my telescope, as well as my lawn sweeper attachment for the tractor, and the mowing deck attachment in the winter, or the snowblower attachment in the summer.  I enjoy going out after it's snowed and clearing off my driveway and my cars.  The cold air and the snow are invigorating, although now, what with my angina, I have to slow down when I have to clear off the cars or do some manual shoveling.  If I work too fast, the angina pain makes itself known, so I'll stop for 10-15 seconds, then it goes away, and then I can continue clearing off the snow.☺️

I couldn't survive in the deep south, what with those high summer temperatures.  If the temperature goes above 50°F (10°C), I'll sweat if I have to do something physical outside.  When we get those 95° (35°C) days, with 80% humidity, I can't go outside....I would have trouble breathing.  On those kind of hot days, when I walk down my driveway to get the mail, by the time I get back to the house, I am perspiring heavily and breathing heavily.  On those kind of days, I'll take a shower, get dressed, then head out for an appointment, but it's so hot, that in about 2 minutes in the car, I am soaked with sweat, and I have the A/C turned on high, but it hasn't started to cool down yet.  It's because I know that I am going to sweat a lot when I first get into my cars, that I keep a sweat towel on the front seat of each vehicle, so that I can wipe the sweat off of my face and arms as I'm driving.  I even keep 6 folded up paper towels in my back pockets, so that I can wipe the sweat off of me when I am away from home and away from my cars.  I could never get used to the climate that they have in the deep south.

Just to mention, yes I love the cold weather, and years ago, when I was working in construction, if the job I was working on was an outdoor structure, I would frequently grow a beard in the winter to help keep my face warm.  There would be days where we would be working in freezing rain or sleet, and I would have ice cycles hanging off of my beard, eyebrows, and hair.  I'd just brush my hand across my face to break them off.  Yes, those were the good old days....😄

Edited by Hammer

Hammer
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

Thats an interesting snow rake Hammer. It must be expensive living in snow country  having to buy equipment & serious heating.

No, not actually.  In the summer, my electric bills for my window A/C units are higher than my winter heating bills, mainly because I like it cold in my house, so I don't turn the heat up that much in the winter, but in the summer, I keep the window A/C units turned on full blast.  My neighbor had central air conditioning installed in his house some years ago, and he said that I should do the same.  I told him that I couldn't afford to run it in the summer, which is why I don't have it.  All I have now are three window A/C units, one in this computer room, one in my bedroom, and one in the basement, family room.  Since I'm not in all three rooms at the same time, all three window units are not operating at the same time.  If I had central air, that would mean that I'd have just one thermostat located between my dining room and my living room....two rooms that I hardly ever use.  In order to maintain a low temperature in my bedroom, computer room, and basement family room, I'd have to cool the entire house down, since the thermostat is in the rooms that I don't need cooling in.  My electric bill would be huge!☺️

Diana_CT

I wonder if the reading is showing that I am regressing or if it just DP or if the meter is wrong. 

For dinner I had a bowl of tomato soup with a half a dozen crackers with tea, at 11 AM I had a brunch of bacon & eggs with an English muffin. Well I will find out later this morning because I have my 6 month endo appointment and get my lab results. 

FunDad62

I need to move to wherever Hammer is.  I've lived in the south my entire life (except for 1 year in DC) and I've never adjusted to the heat down here.  July to October you can't even go outside it's so humid.  And your garage...forget about it.  It's like an over set to 350.  I love this time of year down here.  Always thought I'd enjoy living in NC.  Get all four seasons.  Here we have two; January and Summer.

IrinaHarr

156 this morning, trying to get under 126. 

My A1C kept going up since last Summer, especially in the last 2 months = 8.3 A1C last week. Doc put me on Trulicity in addition to glipizide & Janumet.

I've increased exercise and weights workout, during the day my numbers drop to under 126 but not in the morning. Hoping to get to the point where I do not need Trulicity because it gives me weird side effects.

... and back to shoveling snow she goes ❄️

adiantum

I also wonder if I'm regressing. Somethings going on with my body . This year Ive become allergic to things Ive always  eaten .

I'm well overdue for an A1c but its been too hot to go out & I'm not coping with the heat like I used to.

Today is predicted to be 38C / 100F

Diana has your eGFR lowered?

Hammer

A 74 (4.11) today.  Fundad, I live near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, so I can drive up and watch the yearly Battle of Gettysburg re-enactments if I wanted to, but I prefer to avoid that area during that event, since it's a small city, and the thousands of tourists that attend that event make it impossible to drive through.  Each year, the local ham radio clubs get together and ask for volunteers to help with radio communications needed for an event that large.  They typically need at least 150 ham operators for that event, and those ham operators can't drive into the event, they have to park outside of Gettysburg, and be shuttled in.

My radio club used to have our repeater located in the Gettysburg Battlefield Tower for many years, but we had to move our repeater when they decided to tear down the tower.  I have visited the battlefield, as well as Gettysburg numerous times, and there are many historical sites to see.  One of those sites is the Dobbin House, which was used by the Underground Railroad to house slaves that had escaped from their owners, and were needing a place to stay while they were being moved to freedom.  The Dobbin House has excellent food, and the atmosphere is really great.  The lower level dining area houses a bar that was restored to keep it like it was in the 1700's (pelts hanging over a fireplace, the bar itself is an old piece of wood,  They used to use candles to light the room, but the health department said that was a fire hazard, so they replaced the candles with those light bulbs that look like candles flickering).  Upstairs, are dining tables in each of the large rooms that were originally bedrooms.  They also have tables set up that have canopies around them, just like they did in the 1700's, and the canopies were how they isolated each table to make it a private table from the other tables, when there was private business to discuss back then.  Each room is heated by a large fireplace, and when you dine there, you feel like you just went several hundred years back in time.☺️

Diana_CT
13 hours ago, adiantum said:

Diana has your eGFR lowered?

It has slightly gotten worse but that slight change is within the normal variance. I might have been slightly dehydrated when I had the lab work done. 

My reading on this hump day was a nice 103.

FunDad62

Working from home today to have my windshield replaced from a crack received due to the road construction that's been going on here the last 3 years and has another year to go. :mad:

Fraser

Major weather change in San Francisco!!  After two months of drizzle.  Now they are projecting a heavy down pour for the rest of the morning. Ugh

The reservoirs are full and the aquifers are looking much better.  Me just cabin fever. 

meyery2k

107 today. I had a dream in which I was eating garlic bread right before waking up.  Hmmm....

Ahnanimus

90. It's Ash Humpday, the carnival is over and the country is back to normal  with many of the masqueraders attending church to receive ashes and start the Lenten season.

As for me, I'm simply looking forward to Easter while trying to survive the  influx of Sahara dust which I swear is trying to  kill me😕

Adiantum and Diana, I hope your readings improve and you can banish regression to the heck from which it came.

adiantum

We had an electrical storm last night which cooled  the house down.

The thunder was pretty loud so  my dog went to the bedroom for security.

He's not the bravest boy.