Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Ahnanimus

92 today.

@IrinaHarr so sorry you had to deal with that disaster; I know I would've sat down in the mess and cried. Hope the dishwasher can be repaired. 

Kit
3 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

122 today, and it is me eating too much. Dishwasher flooded kitchen on main floor, 3 buckets of water and all bath towels in the house wet - I spent couple hours mopping floor and trying to get water out of the carpet downstairs, stressed. Ceiling downstairs is ruined and peeling, and I just patched and painted it. So, freaked out and ate randomly without recording in the journal first, ate late in the day.

Couple days ago hubby says (out of the blue) "what a nice dishwasher we have" and I am like "do you have to say it aloud?" and of course gremlins were listening. 👾  If I can't repair dishwasher we'll have to replace it. Rats!! 

Oh you poor thing.  Mr Fuzzy and I came home from work one Friday evening to find our first floor flooded and water shooting across the hall from laundry area.  While we were at work, the cold water hose going to the washing machine burst.  To add insult to injury, the shut off valve broke in my hand as I was fighting to try to turn it off.  We had to turn the water off to the entire house and then pay for a plumber to come out after hours so we could do things like flush a toilet.  :)

Not, not not a fun experience.  You have my complete and utter sympathy.

Hammer

A 79 (4.39) for me today.

Kit, they make devices like the Intelliflow leak sensor, and the MyGuard leak sensor, that turns off the water supply to your washing machine when the machine is turned off.  It also has a leak sensor that will turn off the water supply if it detects water on the floor.  There are other devices that do this, but to me, the best thing is to just turn off the valves that the washing machine hoses are connected to, when you are finished doing laundry. (That's what I do.)  Leaving those valves turned on all the time will wear out the hoses, since they will always have water pressure inside them, constantly pushing against the walls of the hoses.

adiantum

7 for me.

I'm off to chase a ball again.

I must be  good entertainment for himself as he presented me with a tennis ball while I was having dinner last night.

I now know he can give me a ball, but not the ones I throw .

IrinaHarr

...he presented me with a tennis ball while I was having dinner last night. 
I now know he can give me a ball, but not the ones I throw .

Did you praise him? Did you give him a treat? When he does it right accidently, praise and treat! Have treat in the pocket when throwing ball, he will do it right eventually and with praise and treat he will learn to bring the ball some time :)

IrinaHarr

116 for me today.

Tested dishwasher 3 times yesterday - every time it runs the cycle, no leaks. Can't figure out what went wrong during the flood... just as I thought (gremlins). I've put water alarm next to it just in case.

IrinaHarr

Not, not not a fun experience.  You have my complete and utter sympathy.

Thank you Kit!

meyery2k
2 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

Did you praise him? Did you give him a treat? When he does it right accidently, praise and treat! Have treat in the pocket when throwing ball, he will do it right eventually and with praise and treat he will learn to bring the ball some time :)

@IrinaHarr - I think Lee's dog has her trained well and doesn't need to do those things ;)

IrinaHarr

- I think Lee's dog has her trained well and doesn't need to do those things 

I am sure he is, it is a bit more fun though when pup brings the ball to your feet. Our pup plays soccer ball - hubby is handicapped, so dog brings the ball close for him to reach:

https://youtu.be/ah8abTCfL-U

adiantum

I certainly did reward him & he thrives on rewards, but I  cant take food into the park because he's possessive over his property.

Be it food, toys or his human. When other dogs come up to me, my boy tries to mark me as his  by peeing on my feet.

He is a wonderful protective  farmer with a herd of 30 cows.

The last one to arrive is always his favourite but daily he checks on each one giving them a nudge.

I'm not sure if theyre being counted or calling them by name... 'your OK martha' :rofl: 

678253046_BobtheFarmer.thumb.png.526c34af39e36b53651c9cb8a1c8c36d.png

Diana_CT

Highs in the 60's today with showers. I am opening the windows for the first time since the fall! Fresh air at last.

meyery2k

106 today.  Bah, diabetes!

@Ahnanimus - When we see all the evil in the world, it is easy to be dismayed.  That is the power of evil.  It discourages us and tempts us to do evil.  I find it helpful to look at my own community and see all the good people do.  While that by no means erases the horror or tragedy of these events, it restores my faith in people.  A few bad ones make us all look bad.