Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

The events in Christchurch prompted me to break out Tolkein.  A good quote from "The Fellowship of the Ring".

"Saruman believes that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found it is the small things. Everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love." – Gandalf

FunDad62
2 hours ago, meyery2k said:

The events in Christchurch prompted me to break out Tolkein.  A good quote from "The Fellowship of the Ring".

"Saruman believes that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found it is the small things. Everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love." – Gandalf

And the movie was filmed in....New Zealand. :(

adiantum

Filled with disgust & contempt of that Australian that harmed our Kiwi neighbours.

cartoon for new Zealand shooting

ran23

115 early this morning.   I would give my morning walk but 121 was not worth writing down. 

Diana_CT

Overnight mother nature gave us a light show. We had our first thunderstorm (It was not a severe storm, just your average run of the mill thunderstorm) of the season as a cold front moved through.

FunDad62

Went on a first date last night.  Sat on the beach with some adult beverages hoping to catch a rocket launch at the cape 100 miles away.  Never saw it and we got cold so ended up sitting in her car talking for an hour and a half.  We talked about going to a restaurant but this is a tourist, resort island and it's spring break so we knew all the restaurants would be packed at that time.  As I was backing out to go home I checked the rocket launch and it had been delayed and was at T-minus 2 minutes so I parked and looked.  Saw it really good for about a minute or more.  The night time ones are the best.  Double good night.  First date (I think there will be a second) and a rocket launch. :)

Ahnanimus
21 hours ago, meyery2k said:

@Ahnanimus - When we see all the evil in the world, it is easy to be dismayed.  That is the power of evil.  It discourages us and tempts us to do evil.  I find it helpful to look at my own community and see all the good people do.  While that by no means erases the horror or tragedy of these events, it restores my faith in people.  A few bad ones make us all look bad.

Thank you  for that timely reminder. Sometimes evil has the ability to rock your foundation. Your words have been my centering thought today.

80 this morning. 

Kit

94 here

Not bad given I ate an entire bar of Lilys chocolate before bed last night.  :)

meyery2k

The 90's and occasional 100+ have been bothering me a little.  I got up a couple hours early this morning and tested, 83.

Got up at my regular time and tested again, 94.

I suspected dawn phenomenon and am happy that I have confirmed that.

adiantum

8 at 9am this Sunday morning. 

I guess I needed an extra dose of DP to get me out of that zombie like sleep.

Fraser

97 today

And we finally have sun out again it.we have had 3 months of almost continuous rain in California, record rains and snow pack in the mountains both over 150% of normal.  Great for controlling the draught, but not on my mindset!  We had more rain and less sun than Seattle. Hopefully the rainy season is over.  Once the rainy season ends there is little rain fall until the next Nov/Dec, then in a good year the rain starts again,  

Edited by Fraser