Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

I cant hear the birds this morning over the leaf blowers & lawn mowers... it must be Saturday.

Diana_CT

103 this morning.

Yesterday was a crazy day.

Here where I live in central Connecticut it was 45F (7C) and raining, but when I got to the University of Connecticut's main campus in Storrs it was 32F (0C) and snowing like crazy,and it is only 28 mi (46 km) as the crow flies. I was at an all day conference on the campus, I visited some of my former professors and ended up getting a guest lecturer gig next month the pays an honorarium.

Kit

88 for me this morning.

I suspect allergies may kill Mr Fuzzy and I this weekend.  We both feel so miserable.

Down with plant sex!

Hammer

This prednisone is really battling me for control of my BG levels.  Since I woke up yesterday to a reading of 139 (7.71) after raising my nightly Lantus dose up by 4 units, I decided to raise my Lantus dose by another 6 units last night, hoping that would drop my wake up BG levels down.  It didn't, my BG levels rose to a 156 (8.65).  Tonight I'll increase my Lantus dose by 8 units and see what happens.

Edited by Hammer

adiantum

Sorry your having those issues Hammer.. how is the neck?

There must be a masquerade ball somewhere as we now have 7 members showing as anonymous .

Who's that hiding behind those masks :lol:

Bnov Bird Feather Mask & Beak.Turquoise. Short

Hammer

Lee, my neck is back to normal.  I still have a crick in the left part of my neck, but I have always had that.  I think that is due to the way I hold my computer's mouse, since I am left handed.

Kit

I would swear I posted this just a couple minutes ago but its not here.

86 for me

Just put out some salmon in the fridge to defrost.  Lemon cream Salmon with Pesto Zoodles for dinner tonight.  :)

IrinaHarr
6 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

This morning's reading was 126.

I'm like a yo-yo up and down... 106 yesterday morning 126 this morning.

Ditto. 122 today

meyery2k

87 this morning.

Did another group ride yesterday.  There are a couple new riders so I am no longer the new guy.

adiantum

8 after sleeping 10 hours & feel like a zombie.

( I know..perhaps a zombie wouldnt feel like me :)

yay Hammer..your back to your normal.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

yay Hammer..your back to your normal.

Lee, last night, when I was trying to determine my nightly lantus dose, I originally figured that I would increase that dose by another 8 units, due to the prednisone, but after seeing what my BG levels were throughout the day, it seemed as though my body had adapted to the prednisone, and my BG levels were dropping, so I decided NOT to increase my Lantus dose by 8 units, and in fact, the insulin pen that I was using had 2 fewer units than I had used the day before, so I opted to go with that, and I'm glad I did.  Had I injected 8 more units last night than I did the night before, as well as adding the 2 fewer units that the insulin pen lacked, well, considering that I woke up to a 69, I would most likely have been in the 20's or 30's again.  Tonight, since I have no more prednisone to take, I will scale back my Lantus dose so that I don't go low.☺️