Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k
1 hour ago, Kit said:

92 here

Jinx! @Kit You owe me a cheesecake.

I ate out while away from home and did ok.  Even lost 3 pounds lol...

adiantum

I'm no longer  young so prefer a quiet Saturday night, but last night was far from quiet.

Went to bed snuggled under a duvet & blanket.. the first cold night of the year.

Then was woken by a helicopter  that circled a 2 mile radius for some 90 minutes.

I went outside to watch it but thought that might not be wise. Thankfully it left soon after midnight.

Then I was too hungry to go back to sleep.

An omelet at 1am reminded me of midnight snacks I often enjoyed when I came home from a night out.

IrinaHarr

111 today, warmer today will be finishing yard cleanup. Tried doing it yesterday in high wind and all debris was just flying to the neighbors ;)
Good exercise for me though.

Diana_CT

I blame it on the Flan I had last night.

I went to see Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, afterwards we went out to a Mexican restaurant.

This is the second time I saw the play, the first time was with my cousins a couple of years ago when it was on Broadway. I liked it so much that I saw it a second time in Hartford. If you like Carole King you will love the play, it is about her early life up until she moves to California. 

Kit

100 even. Completely my fault. I had a horrible case of munchies yesterday. Everything I ate was safe, I just ate way too much of it. 

meyery2k

83 today.  I had a busy day yesterday.  I spent the first half of the day with my son in law.  We ran a 5K in the Hilo Heart Walk.  The Heart Walk is a special event for me because it was the first walk I participated in when I started my new phase in life.  We then rented a cargo van and moved a bunch if furniture into their house.  He took me to lunch and we had a Bloody Mary.  After lunch, I took him to my Kala's work place, hob-nobbed a bit, then went home.

After getting home, I rode my bike 50K, went to the store.  Found all kinds of vegetables on sale so those "couple of items" were a lie.  Filled upi the panniers, stopped for a coffee, went home.

Made a chicken, zucchini, cauliflower, and mushroom thing with alfredo sauce, ate, and that was about it.

untitled.thumb.png.0547a1341b1c0c6f55c905f639fea096.png

janice21475

Diana: The "Beautiful" link, truly was!! Thank you.

Edited by janice21475
Forgot to give Diana billing. :)

adiantum

8.2... was it cashews? 

I chased the ball heaps & ate well.

@IrinaHarr , do be careful allowing your leaves to fly next door. :D

My neighbours got the Dept Health calling on me claiming my mosquitoes were going into their place.

I dont know how they identified them as mine & theyre not big enough to see them  fly over the fence.

The health team came & took samples of water from my frog pond & I never heard from them again.

A mosquito wouldnt last long in a pond full of fish & frogs.

Maybe the 8.2 was because I planned on posting I'd been cured of D after mistakenly  eating a dog biscuit .

Sadly, I'm hopeless at April Fools jokes.

Edited by adiantum

IrinaHarr

136 today at 6:30am, I was working late and ate after midnight.

@adiantum - I know what you mean, at our current place in Nebraska we happen to have nice neighbors. Guy on the left will come and clear our driveway of 2' snow drift knowing I will struggle with shovel for hours. Gal on the right brought us Christmas treats she made herself, I mostly share lily bulbs and begonia cuttings. Both neighbors have dogs, nobody is fuming that our pup barked once or twice.  I very much would like to keep it this way :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

Kit

97 for me

Spent most of yesterday trying to recover from Saturdays indulgences. 

meyery2k

103 today.

I was stung by a bee on the upper leg while cycling yesterday.  I suspect my shorts offered some protection.  It burned for about 5 minutes and then that was it.  No redness or swelling, just some burning.

adiantum

Good neighbours are to be treasured. I still keep in touch with those I had before moving here next to the balaclava people.

Mike, that poor bee was travelling on his days journey minding his own business  when this cyclist didnt give way. :rofl: 

Diana_CT

But I deserve it this morning. 

Yesterday I guest lectured for a professor at a local university and she gave me as a gift a small box of chocolate. 

So my choices were 1. Tell her that I am a diabetic and make her feel bad.  2. Take the chocolate and a. Throw them out or b. Eat them.

I chose b.

FunDad62

I was on a motorcycle ride once on a very cold day and a bee hit me right in the neck.  The only unprotected part of my body.  And then it bounced up inside my helmet.  Fortunately it stunned it enough I had time to pull over and take my helmet off and get it out.