Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

ran23

I was up for an hour not eating, feeding the neighbor's cats and coffee.  Home to veggies and meatballs.   BG135 was a surprise after breakfast. 

adiantum

This life  is moving fast.. I am going to be full of it when telling progress stories when I'm in the nursing home  :rofl: 

April 13th. 1970 : An explosion caused by an exploding oxygen tank on Apollo 13 forced the astronauts to abandon their mission to the moon and head home, they were nearly at the moon when the problem occurred and they were forced to turn back

To the Black Hole image.

A hazy red-orange ring with a black smudge at its centre.

adiantum

I'm sure I ca smell cake batter. Is Mrs Ran cooking a celebratory cake up there?

Hammer

A 90 (4.99) today.  I can see that I'll need to increase my nightly Lantus dose, since I keep getting wake up readings in the 90's.

steel

hi everyone, i've been away again dealing wit ..life just low on energy. But i've been testing diligently :) I've noticed that since I've been on the beta blocker, my fasting tends to be closer to 100 (often less but at most 104..like 94-104). It's a tad higher than the low 5s I was getting before I went on any heart related meds. At first the hydrocholorothaiazide raised it to 6.7 *shakes head* then switching to a beta blocker that only (supposedly) impacts cardiac beta cells thankfully lowered it to high 90s-104ish. Now, even if I have a zero carb day, my fasting the next morning stays around 5.2-5.4, earlier I'd get some numbers in the 4s (80s) if I hadn't had any carbs.

Other than the first dessert I had in 6 months (single serving of chocolate mousse that i divided into 4 parts and consumed over 3 days...no real impact on BG since the portions were so small), I have stuck with a pretty strict low carb diet of 30 grams of carbs or less. With the change in meds, I am not seeing the same BG numbers as earlier even though the increase is slight and I'd chalk it up to meter variance if it hadn't been so consistent.

I do need the medication to lower my heart rate though, and it has also corrected my diastolic number even though it still hasn't gone to the low 60s and 70s I had for my entire life upto a week before my diastolic suddenly went up.

I have no idea why the diastolic value went up and why it hasn't gone down to my personal normal despite medication, but I am glad 1) the impact on my BG has been tolerable 2) my heart isn't now racing in the low 100s at rest 3) my systolic remains normal as before (below 120 so the beta blocker didn't drop it unreasonably) and the diastolic is now between 75-85. That BP while not what I am used to is at least not harming me.

BG this morning was 5.4. I also got a steroid injection yesterday...and that is a whole another mess unto itself.

I did attend this south asian festival today and ate more carbs than I had in over half a year, but I didn't go too crazy with it. I'd have some carbs....wait three hours...lol and then have a little more. Highest BG 2 hr PP was 7.8/ 140. I expected it though, and I am glad my attempt at moderation worked more or less. I am fine with this number once a year. Now we'll see what the fasting is like tomorrow lol.

I just had walnuts and tuna with mayo for dinner, to help the body chill and not burden it with more carbs. Tomorrow is back to strict low carb.

Thank you all for reading. I hope to post more soon. ❤️

Edited by steel

janice21475

Hi Steel, You are doing very well with your carb control. Glad to see that report on your readings. It is so true, change anything in the med concoction and it effects everything else but you have a good handle on keeping things in prospective. I know you don't really need any encouragement to keep up the good work but I will say it, none the less, just as a formality. :)

Keep up the good work,

Janice

Kit

91 here

I've been trying to deny this but, stupid hot flashes are back again.  I am so tired.  Difficult to sleep when you are woken multiple times an hour all night every night.

meyery2k

94 today.  @TX_Clint - I don't have cable but I do have a subscription to DirectTV via my AT&T wireless account.  I spent a rainy Saturday productively binge watching GoT and am happy to report that I am at the end of S7.  Today looks to be a day to ride so off I go!

My new binge-watcher might be "WestWorld".  I simply don't have the time anymore for TV lol...

steel
3 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Hi Steel, You are doing very well with your carb control. Glad to see that report on your readings. It is so true, change anything in the med concoction and it effects everything else but you have a good handle on keeping things in prospective. I know you don't really need any encouragement to keep up the good work but I will say it, none the less, just as a formality. :)

Keep up the good work,

Janice

Hi Janice

Thank you! The encouragement means a lot. It's tiring managing all these variables. Diabetes is always on my mind too but now in a healthy way. Still it's a lot..all of this, so I really cherish the affirmation. :)

----

Bg this morning is 5.6 ...huge sigh of relief.  I was kind of naughty yesterday but was hoping the fasting wouldn't be much higher than 6. I tested twice..it was accurate.

janice21475
1 hour ago, steel said:

. . . I really cherish the affirmation. :)

steel,      :hug:

adiantum

Happy Birthday Ran

May your day be filled with all things good.

Image result for sake gif

8.2 for my punishment.. a full wheel of Brie & 3 pears.

ran23

Thank You.  starting to think, anything past 60 doesn't count anymore.