Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Diana_CT

Woke up this morning to the  crash of thunder, pouring rain, and high winds! I had to get up and close the windows something that I haven't done since last fall, also something that I haven't done since last fall sleep with the windows open. 

FunDad62

Windy and almost cold here this morning.  Happy tax day to us folks in the USA.  www.FairTax.org  Let's make April 15th "just another day".

Hammer

A 100 today.  Apparently, I didn't increase my nightly Lantus dose enough last night.

I took my Dodge Durango in for it's yearly safety inspection, and apparently, I didn't have an up to date insurance card in the glove box.  I had last year's card, but not this year's card, which meant that I couldn't have gotten the inspection done today.  The good news was, using my old card, the service person called the insurance company, gave them the info on the old card, then handed the phone to me so that the insurance company could verify that it was me at the dealership, they then faxed the dealership a new card in about one minute, so all was well.  Oh, and the service person was amazed that the Durango was one year old and only had 2,241 miles (3,606 km) on the odometer. ( I don't drive it much, I mean, why take a 4500 pound (2041 kg) vehicle that gets 22 mpg (9.3 km/l) to the store or the bank, when I have the VW Jetta that gets 40 mpg (17 km/l), and that's driving in the city, not on the highway.)

janice21475
20 hours ago, meyery2k said:

87 today.  I rode a double metric century yesterday :)

Mike, you forced me to hit Wikipedia before 8 AM. :) You are a fine role model!

Quarter century, 25 miles (40 km)

Half century, 50 miles (80 km)

Metric century, 100 km (62 mi)

Double metric century, 200 km (120 mi)

Double century, 200 miles (320 km) .

Double century rides are usually scheduled near the summer solstice to take advantage of the longer daylight hours, and begin at or before dawn.

FunDad62

I haven't done my afternoon walk in over a week. 😔

Edited by FunDad62

Diana_CT

Here is what I had to eat all day yesterday. 

Breakfast bacon and eggs with an English muffin. With black coffee 

Lunch half of a sandwich and a pickle with unsweetened tea. 

Two handfuls of trail mix.

That's it.

So you would think my reading should be good but it was 122!

janice21475
7 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

Here is what I had to eat all day yesterday. 

Breakfast bacon and eggs with an English muffin. With black coffee 

Lunch half of a sandwich and a pickle with unsweetened tea. 

Two handfuls of trail mix.

That's it.

So you would think my reading should be good but it was 122!

Diana, just for a 'lark' why not try switching the English Muffin with 1/2 of a Haas Avocado? Just to see. You could also substitute the bread of that 1/2 sandwich with the other 1/2 of the Avocado. I would really like to read the report. Hope you have a nice day and your weather turns more Springlike.