Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

I had a great day yesterday driving through  a forest Ive not visited in years.

Seeing the snow white tree trunks of the Eucalyptus haemastoma pulled on some heart strings.

Its also known as the scribbly gum because of the marks left by a grub.

Image result for eucalyptus haemastomaImage result for eucalyptus haemastoma

steel

@Diana_CT i m not sure what your carb threshold is..mine isn't very high (with the exception of potatoes, rice and legumes for some reason lol) when it comes to wheat and dairy. if i were to eat bread/english muffins, my fasting the following day would be similar to yours. 

to have a fasting below 5.6 ish, i have to keep my total carbs to 30 and below, 40 at the most spread out during the day.  that's just me. ymmv.

IrinaHarr
16 hours ago, adiantum said:

I had a great day yesterday driving through  a forest Ive not visited in years.

Seeing the snow white tree trunks of the Eucalyptus haemastoma pulled on some heart strings.

Its also known as the scribbly gum because of the marks left by a grub.

I know! I know! I was reading Lianne Moriarty's "The last anniversary" book and she was describing scribbly gum trees - I googled and tried to figure out what they were but now thanks to your post I can actually see for myself :)

115 today, packing to go to the dog show, lots to do..

Diana_CT
11 hours ago, steel said:

@Diana_CT i m not sure what your carb threshold is..mine isn't very high (with the exception of potatoes, rice and legumes for some reason lol) when it comes to wheat and dairy. if i were to eat bread/english muffins, my fasting the following day would be similar to yours. 

to have a fasting below 5.6 ish, i have to keep my total carbs to 30 and below, 40 at the most spread out during the day.  that's just me. ymmv.

Normally I can have around 40 carbs for meals, with 20 carbs for a sack and dessert. My A1C is still in the low 6s (I was tested last March).

This morning's reading was 122

Kit

89 this morning

Jinx!

Finally got some sleep last night.  Only woke up a few times.  I did this by taking 3 benedryl, opening the bedroom window fully with the fan and running it all night.  Mr Fuzzy was a shivering ball this morning as it got down into the 40s.  Poor guy.

adiantum

7.2 after sleeping 10 hours so it might take me 2 coffees to pull out  from that zombie state.

@IrinaHarr I'm so glad you know of the scribbly gum . Most  trees have many scribbles & its like art .

Do you show dogs? What breed?

FunDad62

I was at the drug store the other day waiting on a prescription to be filled.  As I sat there watching people picking up their meds, and watching the four people plus the pharmacist behind the counter working their tails off filling orders and looking at all the medicine on the shelves and thinking about the thousands of drug stores across the country.  It's incredible the amount of medication handed out.  Sad really.  But thankful we have it.

Kit

I take complete ownership of this one.  I had a horrible case of the munchies last night and ate way too many coconut flakes and almonds.

adiantum

8 ooops..that'd be birthday cake.

FunDad, those meds are eventually pee'd out & end up in our rivers,lakes & ocean.

There was  real concern that Metformin was found in Lake Michigan in such high numbers that it was even in the fish.

WE are killing our planet.

9 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

I was at the drug store the other day waiting on a prescription to be filled.  As I sat there watching people picking up their meds, and watching the four people plus the pharmacist behind the counter working their tails off filling orders and looking at all the medicine on the shelves and thinking about the thousands of drug stores across the country.  It's incredible the amount of medication handed out.  Sad really.  But thankful we have it.

Hammer

I woke up early this morning to a 46 (2.55) so I ate some glucose tablets and went back to bed.  I woke up hours later and I was at 86 (4.78), so I'm not sure which numbers to use, since the 46 is what woke me up, and I wasn't ready to get up and stay up at that time of the morning.....so maybe the 86?☺️

Diana_CT

Yesterday was the first day that the temp broke 80F (27C) and overnight it was in the upper 60s (16C) and today it is raining for my drive up to Cape Cod.

meyery2k

@Kit - Jinx! You owe me this...

https://gimmedelicious.com/2019/03/16/creamy-garlic-mushroom-chicken/?fbclid=IwAR0N5u6DtmfU5XzZYR5nEekCcVcXgMLE0KY1XRUBnZrgh2TMPNg_7KguK3U

Today looks like a great day for riding.  Still undecided on where to go.  I will bring 3 bottles of water and 2 spare tubes, my annual park pass to avoid the $25 entrance fee to the volcano park if I end up there, and see where my legs and brain take me.  The rest of me is just along for the ride :)