Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit
2 hours ago, meyery2k said:

I made something very much like that last night, only with pork chops.  It turned out pretty good but needs modifications.  :)

adiantum

8 It is the chocolate festival but I dont believe I ate that much for such a spanking

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.  My radio club's annual hamfest (a flea market for ham operators) is next Saturday, so some of the club members meet at the outdoor hamfest site, a week before the hamfest to get things set up.  It was a decent day, and we started arranging things....mainly, moving picnic tables around so that they were aligned with how the hamfest vendors want them.  Moving over thirty, heavy wooden and composite picnic tables, plays havoc with my bad back, my angina pain, and my shortness of breath from being dehydrated all of the time, but we all managed to get things arranged.  Now, we are hoping for a clear day next Saturday for the hamfest, since rain would ruin it, because, if it rains, the tailgaters have to cover over their electronic equipment, and the attendees will have a light turnout. (the hamfest is the radio club's biggest money maker, so the more people that attend, the more money the club makes, and that money is used to maintain the club's repeater system.)

Diana_CT
38 minutes ago, Hammer said:

An 82 (4.56) today.  My radio club's annual hamfest (a flea market for ham operators) is next Saturday, so some of the club members meet at the outdoor hamfest site, a week before the hamfest to get things set up.  It was a decent day, and we started arranging things....mainly, moving picnic tables around so that they were aligned with how the hamfest vendors want them.  Moving over thirty, heavy wooden and composite picnic tables, plays havoc with my bad back, my angina pain, and my shortness of breath from being dehydrated all of the time, but we all managed to get things arranged.  Now, we are hoping for a clear day next Saturday for the hamfest, since rain would ruin it, because, if it rains, the tailgaters have to cover over their electronic equipment, and the attendees will have a light turnout. (the hamfest is the radio club's biggest money maker, so the more people that attend, the more money the club makes, and that money is used to maintain the club's repeater system.)

I been to the ARRL headquarters a couple of times back in the 70s and a friend wrote a column for QST

Diana_CT

Happy Easter to all  of you who celebrate it.

Here are some Easter egg cartoons 

easter+egg.jpg

camoegg.jpg

Edited by Diana_CT

meyery2k

@Kit - We tied again!

Went to Volcano yesterday.  It is interesting to compare Kilauea.  The first photo was taken nearly one year ago.

I was finally able to get a picture of me and Kokopelli.

The last photo is a tree mold.  When a lava flow inundates an area, the trees molded.  They leave behind these tree molds which help give an idea of how thick the flow was.  It amazes me how symmetrical these are. 

58372464_10210859900053220_8848117441373405184_n.jpg.ba3726119905108478061feb724295e1.jpg58383332_10210859823411304_1056403736810749952_n.jpg.4bcd3d6299fc5e4516ba60f131598646.jpg58378578_10210859821451255_5594712180311195648_n.jpg.df142d16dcc1c3be75f833cddbc76bb6.jpg57546434_10210859821571258_4785198994923978752_n.thumb.jpg.08d88afcd730dfa383a568405e76c75a.jpg

adiantum

Great photos Mike

Happy Earth Day

image.png.c84142dd65b344b6c7719c18138a4b2d.png

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

A 69 (3.82) today.

Diana, I've always wondered what it was like at ARRL headquarters.  What prompted you to go there? (I'm a member of the ARRL and I get their QST magazine.)

IrinaHarr

138 to day, happens to me after travel - cannot take my metformin based meds on the road till I get to the hotel in the evening.

We went to Grand Island, NE this weekend to the dog show; met all the friends that show cairn terrier breed - it was first show after winter.  Our dog Widget got best of breed on Saturday. Momma is very proud! 🏆

IrinaHarr
On 4/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, adiantum said:

@IrinaHarr I'm so glad you know of the scribbly gum . Most  trees have many scribbles & its like art .

Do you show dogs? What breed?

Cairn terrier - it's Wizard of Oz dog, the Toto :)

I will have some photos and video on youtube soon, our dog Widget got best of breed last Saturday. I will post when I get them processed for viewing.

ran23

126 today, sushi?    after a good musical--Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons.  'Can't take my eyes off of you'

adiantum

@IrinaHarr Congratulations.. what a grand award. Looking forward to seeing  the photos.

Singing with ran..... your just too good to be true.....

steel
On 4/18/2019 at 6:15 AM, Diana_CT said:

Normally I can have around 40 carbs for meals, with 20 carbs for a sack and dessert. My A1C is still in the low 6s (I was tested last March).

This morning's reading was 122

That's an awesome A1C :)

--

BG was 5.4 this morning

IrinaHarr

126 today, working on BG to improve after Easter indulgence.

Here is photo from the dog show - Widget got best of breed (#1) among cairn terriers that participated in competition that day; then in terrier group #4 (hence the white rosette) where all kinds of terriers participate (each was #1 in its breed).

Irina_wins_Terrier_Group4_cropped.jpg

janice21475

Irina, Widget is a beauty. I bet she can go like a race car, zoom zoom zoom. Wondering about the other end? tail or stub? She seems to know she is special, as well she should. Very happy for you with the win, I am sure you appreciated it more than she may have. Thanks for the picture.

IrinaHarr
34 minutes ago, janice21475 said:

Irina, Widget is a beauty. I bet she can go like a race car, zoom zoom zoom. Wondering about the other end? tail or stub? She seems to know she is special, as well she should. Very happy for you with the win, I am sure you appreciated it more than she may have. Thanks for the picture.

Widget is a he - "dog" in breeders speak, when its a she they say the "b" word which I will not utter here :)

Nothing is clipped - not ears, not tail, not hair which is double coat with "bristle" that can be only hand pulled (old hairs come off easily). Widget is getting darker, used to be red and now red-brindle (with black bristle). They all change color from puppy to 4 years old.

Widget.jpg

dog_jar.jpg