Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit
18 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

Oh, so sorry - I misunderstood!

Were you able to get some sleep on new medication?

The two week trial will be over on Monday and, unless things change between now and then, I'm going to be asking to try something else.  At the best, it helps me get back to sleep more so than without.  So I'm not awake from 2-3am every day until 10pm the next night.  But I'm still waking up a half dozen times or more every night, and it still takes some time for me to get back to sleep.  I've never been one to be able to fall asleep quickly.

Adding on the affect its having on my BG values, I don't think its worth the little help I might be getting.

93 here

Hey, two days in a row at least.  :)

IrinaHarr

156 today - ate late, went to bed late, woke up early. Have to see tomorrow's number, hope it is not going to be a trend of much higher BG readings.
Rain is over, sun out, and I have new grill to assemble :)

adiantum

That could be a result of stress. Last night I was watching "The Thirteenth Tale " with Olivia Coleman & Vanessa Redgrave.

As ghosts were creeping about in the movie, a carton fell to the floor in the back of my house.

I didnt realise I had been so engrossed with that scene. Pheeew... it had my heart racing lol

steel

5.2 this morning.

---

something curious..so i get steroid injections. the first time i got it, my BG went up. it was in the mid to high 6s in the morning after and took a couple of days to go down (about 3) to 5.2 ish.  when i had the second injection, i was taking 250 mg of metformin x2 a day. i thought that was the reason why BG didn't get elevated for the next few days. It staye d in the 6s the day I was injected but normalized the next day.

today i find out, the derm was using a much higher concentration of the steroid the first time and has been using lesser and lesser due to progress. now i am thinking it wasn't that small dose of metformin but basically the dosage of the steroid being reduced that helped my BG after the injection.

as my last two a1cs were 4.9 (second was def accurate), my doctor is considering taking me off metformin. i ..don't know. it's an old med and has been around forever, is pretty safe. i don't know how much 250mg x2 a day is helping, but i don't want to stop it. for all i know, it's helping DP a bit. i am not too keen on not taking it for a couple of months until the next A1C and then going back if it's higher. i am fat and metformin helps with insulin resistance, which also helps my PCOS. i am going to insist on staying on this small dose. why fix what isn't broken (not sure if this is the right saying for the situation 🤣 but it's all that comes to mind!)

steel
On 5/1/2019 at 12:38 PM, Kit said:

I meant that my morning readings have been bouncing around between the upper 80s and close to 120.  And none of it seems to relate to what I eat, my activity levels, or similar.

I started a new med that has the potential of causing hyperglycemia and I am starting to suspect that it is the cause.

As for energy levels, I have none.  I am functioning due to strength of will alone, not because I feel like I have any energy at all.

It might be the med. Sometimes even meds they say wouldn't cause hyperglycemia end up affecting BG. If this med has the potential for it, it's the most likely cause IMO.

HCTZ did nothing for me but got my BG up to high 6s (120ish) from 90s.  It came back down 3-4 days after I was taken off it and put on a beta blocker (beta selective one so technically shouldn't affect BG), which lowered my heart rate overnight. It messes with my BG a bit but nothing like the other med. Any change in med can potentially affect BG ime.

IrinaHarr

120 this morning.

Have a good weekend everyone and..

~ May the 4th be with you! ~

meyery2k

85 yesterday.  83 today.

This fellow is rockin' it on his homemade bass in the park.

Image may contain: one or more people, car and outdoor

adiantum

"May the 4th be with you"

How sad that Chewbacca  died, and I see 74 as being far too young to up & leave.

His memory lives on with fondness, I've even noticed theres always at least one dog named chewbacca  that visits the park.

Love that bass player!! Ive always wanted a double bass but never thought to create one.

I even have a couple of snooker cues & a gal tub, but sadly no  creativity.

6.8 for me today

Diana_CT

Two mornings in a row with reading in the mid hundreds. 

Also those two readings used new test strips from a new refill. 

IrinaHarr

129 today, could not sleep last night till 2:45am so got up and had 2 slices of swiss cheese. Tested 4.5 hours later. Will check during the day.

adiantum

That'd be  from a midnight snack.

I couldnt turn the brain away from real estate thoughts. I just regret not having someone that could help me pack.

A stranger would ask ' what do I do with this?'.

then I recalled all the times Ive helped people move house.. Now theyre either too old to help or worse.. theyre dead.

Hence the midnight snack lol

Hammer

An 89 (4.94) today.

Lee, have you checked into seeing what it would cost to have a moving company come to your house, pack everything up for you, then move it all to your new house?  Many years ago, that's what my parents did.  They packed their own stuff that was valuable (jewelry, fine china, etc.) and took that to their new house in their own car, and let the moving company handle the rest of the stuff.

adiantum

Thanks Hammer. My problem , or one of them , is that I have to live here until my house is sold.

I had no idea I was going to be so slow at it nor that I'd crumble with pity parties.

I expected to be gone before the Winter arrived so had packed Winter sheets & blankets away.

I'd also given my elec heaters away just keeping a small fan heater in case I had to rent somewhere temporarily.

So nights are getting cooler which has me undoing boxes of winter stuff.

I dont heat nor cool  my house, so have bedsheets to match the season.

100% cotton for Summer & Flannelette for Winter, blended poly/cotton in between.

Last week I bought 2 column heaters, because I dont want to be buying firewood & having to carry it around the back.

I have to pack a lot of treasures away so the house doesnt look overly cluttered on inspection days.

Even knowing where to put the boxes & plastic crates has become an issue.

Ive got rid of heaps but until I know what style the new house will be, I dont want to discard too much.

I'm told the average time a house stays on the market in this suburb is just 6 weeks. I dont want to do much last minute panicking .

I've got to get my act together now that a house I love has come on the market.

The one I really , really love is too close to Antarctica for me 

Hammer
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

I have to pack a lot of treasures away so the house doesn't look overly cluttered on inspection days.

By inspection days, do you mean when prospective buyers come to look at your house?  When I first read this, I thought that you had to have your house inspected every so often, and I wondered why that would be so, but after thinking about it, I thought that you might mean when a prospective comes to look your house over.

adiantum

Definitely when the real estate agent brings buyers through. I'm not looking forward to that ... I might  sit in my car parked across the road to see sticky beak neighbours come through.

Theres rental premises nearby & I feel so sorry for the tenants having an agent go through the house every 3?months.

32 minutes ago, Hammer said:

By inspection days, do you mean when prospective buyers come to look at your house?  When I first read this, I thought that you had to have your house inspected every so often, and I wondered why that would be so, but after thinking about it, I thought that you might mean when a prospective comes to look your house over.