Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

IrinaHarr

116 today, perfect Memorial Day weekend then hail last night. Cottage garden reduced to compost.... broken lily stems, flattened perennials, shredded pots of gourgeous pansies and big tomato looks like a 12 inch stick ... :banghead:

20190528_071004.jpg

20190528_071028.jpg

Edited by IrinaHarr

meyery2k

89 today.

Came across the interesting photo opportunity yesterday.  It is lychee season and people will just drive up in a truck and take the fruit.  They will then sell it to the local stores or bag them and sell them on the roadside or at the farmer's markets.

One refreshing way to enjoy these is to open them, remove the seed, stuff the cavity with a little cream cheese and a macadamia nut.  Of course, now, this would be a very rare thing.

Image may contain: plant, tree, grass, outdoor and nature

IrinaHarr
3 hours ago, meyery2k said:

It is lychee season

Here I am learning something new, never heard of this fruit... google here i come 🍑

meyery2k

@IrinaHarr - You can sometimes find them canned in an Asian store or the Asian section of the larger markets.  They are nowhere near as good as the fresh ones because they pack them in heavy syrup.

adiantum

Its a shame to have a garden thrashed by hail.

Long gone are the days when this girl would sit with a bowl of lychees

Thats sad when a gardener has to put a sign out to stop thieves .

Theres many trees dangling their fruits over fences around here. Mostly macadamias,lemons & mangoes.

A council has planted mangoes as  street trees along the footpaths near my old uni.

Gardeners have banana palms overhanging their fences. I'm sure  its a deliberate choice for  students appreciate the  harvest.

adiantum

I'm enjoying seeing lower numbers during the day but not impressed with having to use ventolin even if  occasionally for the outcome.

Hammer

A 102 (5.67) today.  I just tried to take a shower and discovered that I had no hot water, so I had to take a cold shower....that's not a lot of fun.  I checked and it seems that I need to replace my water heater's thermostat and heating element.  This it my typical Murphy's Law at work once again.  These things never happen when I have nothing scheduled, but I have appointments tomorrow (Friday), as well as Saturday and Sunday, not to mention that Saturday is the only day that it's not going to rain, so I have to cut my already too long grass that day.

Diana_CT

On this TGIF morning my reading was 126.

This is the first time in 13 weeks that it hasn't rained on a Friday.