Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

The past several days have been either 89 or 94.  Today, at 89, was no exception.

1,609 kilometers of cycling this month which equates to 1,000 statue miles.

adiantum

7 and I'm still in a zombie state while exhausted from yesterdays activities.

Walked the dog heaps so he'd sleep while I was out for the day.

Returned to the skin cancer clinic & had the stitches removed & was given a clear biopsy. Yay

I mentioned the other finger which he seemed to be alarmed at.. then he burnt it real good.

He's also advised I start taking Vitamin B3 to help my  skin prevent the development of more cancers.

The joys of living in a beautiful  sun drenched country in the days before block out was invented.

Hammer

It was an 82 (4.56) for Friday.  It's now 12:22 AM on Saturday, but I didn't have time to post until I helped my plumber friend install a new water heater at my house.  All my old water heater needed was a new heating element, but apparently it was corroded in place, and couldn't be removed, so, considering that it was 15 years old, it was time to buy  a new one anyway, so I did.  It's now installed and the water is gradually heating up.....enough so, so that I was finally able to take a shower.☺️

IrinaHarr

107 today, have not eaten much last two days, stomach ache seems to go away though. So Yay!

I am wIth you Hammer, after hail early Tuesday morning microwave gave a wobble and died; on Thursday dishwasher flooded the kitchen (again) but I caught it early due to water alarm I placed next to it and drained / mopped asap before water got to ceiling downstairs. It will need replacement eventually, seems like "adding forgotten item" triggers overflow, must be programming glitch so using it carefully and cannot leave unattended. Oh, and roof got inspected after hail and needs replacement because it is damaged beyond repair, not leaking so far which I am thankful for - home insurance has "replacement" policy on all claims so all I have to do (!) is to come up with the deductible. Hope Murphy left me for awhile, I could use a break 🌈

Diana_CT

In May we had twice the normal amount of rain and for the year to date we had almost the whole year's worth of rain.

I have wetlands (otherwise know as a swamp) behind my house and it is usually dry by now but it still has standing water in it and much of last year it was flooded. As a result many of the trees are drowning... great for woodpeckers with all the insects in the dying trees but bad for me. The two hundred feet (60 m) between my backyard and the main road is getting deforested and I can start to see the road but more annoying is I can hear the traffic.

Edited by Diana_CT
Correct grammar

Hammer

Another 82 (4.56) for me today.

As I mentioned, I replaced my old water heater with a new one, and what makes me laugh is why this new one has a digital interface?  Why would a water heater need to have a digital screen on it with menus?  I mean, it's a water heater....all it does is heat up water, so what's the need for all of the other garbage?  Plus, water heaters can leak, so if the leak wets the digital screen, then what?  This screen has 8 buttons on it, that due a variety of things, none of which I am interested in.  I just want to set it to the temperature that I want, then leave it alone for many years.  The instruction manual says that, if the digital interface module stops working, then just remove it from the water heater, and unplug it's connections, and the water heater will work without it....so why bother to put it on the water heater to begin with?  To set the water temperature, you still have to remove the cover where the thermostat is, and adjust the screw that increases or decreases the temperature of the water, just like every other water heater that doesn't have the digital screen.🙄

Oh, and just to mention, these water heaters are not "hot water heaters", they are just water heaters.....if they were hot water heaters, then why would you want to heat hot water?😄

adiantum

The usual 7

It rained all night here which mightve saved many plants, even succulents have been on the verge of death just for water.

Diana, that was another interesting post although sad about the trees . Did you have many birds & frogs  visit the wetland?

I considered buying a house near wetlands when I bought this house.

I wouldve loved the natural beauty but was concerned about the industries that were in the vicinity.

I must go for a drive one day & see what eventuated there.

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

The usual 7

It rained all night here which mightve saved many plants, even succulents have been on the verge of death just for water.

Diana, that was another interesting post although sad about the trees . Did you have many birds & frogs  visit the wetland?

I considered buying a house near wetlands when I bought this house.

I wouldve loved the natural beauty but was concerned about the industries that were in the vicinity.

I must go for a drive one day & see what eventuated there.

Oh yes, I like sitting out on the deck at sunset all the birds are trading gossips, chirping way at one another and a little later the frogs come.

I keep on wanting to have bird feeders out over the winter, I can't have them out during summer because of bears.

Diana_CT

It is morning on the Cape and my reading was 118.

On Cape Cod today it is going to be around 60F (15C) and foggy, but on the mainland it is going to be in the 80s (26C) and sunny with afternoon thunderstorms.

The difference is because the cape is 60 miles (96 km) out in the Atlantic Ocean and the water temperature is 52F (11C) so when the hot humid air hit the cold ocean water instant fog.

TX_Clint

83 this morning. Ran I think those are lbs. :)

My Sis just called and told me my Brother went into the hospital last night with chest pains and is on a ventilator. Hopefully he will come out ok but it doesn't look good. He's had heart surgery before and doesn't take real good care of himself. 

IrinaHarr

122 this morning, two hours later 107, just now - 87. Meds at work I think :rolleyes:

adiantum

Sorry you had such scary new Clint & I hope all will be well.

Diana, you often have me checking US maps & its a great way to start the day, even though I shuddered at the thought of swimming in that cold water of 11C

Diana_CT
43 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Sorry you had such scary new Clint & I hope all will be well.

Diana, you often have me checking US maps & its a great way to start the day, even though I shuddered at the thought of swimming in that cold water of 11C

During the summer it warms up to the mid-sixties (18C) on the ocean side and the bay side it warms up to mid-seventies (23C) but with the warm water comes the great white sharks to feed on the seals.

adiantum

IIRC our ocean mostly gets to 26C in Summer & we have the same magnificent shark although we call it the white pointer.

This could be why Ive only seen the occasional fur seal & fairy penguin.

Its whale migrating time here now with the humpbacks going North to give birth.

I now realise I have to buy a house near the coast.. I'd really miss not seeing these spectacles.