Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

7 on this lovely cool morning.

The heat is to return  next week with most days exceeding 100F

This is when I start watching webcams in snow country.

Ahnanimus

73 today. It's the lowest I've ever tested. Don't know if it's the temperature, it's been a very cool morning. Whatever I'll take it. Happy Sunday everyone 🌻

meyery2k

86 today.  Rode 170 kilometers yesterday (a little over 105 miles) and made down to our new black sand beach.  This beach is about 6 months old.

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, water, cloud, outdoor and nature

meyery2k

I forgot to mention that the hill that beat me is on this ride.  It is one of 2 legal routes out of the neighborhood.  I mention the name of the street and other cyclists wince and comment that it is a tough climb.  It is a particularly cruel road because it climbs about 1000' in 5 miles.  To make it worse the top of the road is the worst hill.  I would estimate it is maybe a mile long, maybe a little less.  While not particularly long it is steep enough to have a runaway truck ramp at the bottom.  I had to stop 2 times going up and rest a couple minutes each time, but I did it without walking up the hill this time.  

I slowly got to where I could see the grade flatten out, then I saw the road sign on the main highway, I gave a primal scream, rested at the top about 5 minutes, then went on my way.

ran23

116 this morning (80 last night--guess that was a bad test).  then left over wheat bread from the wife, I made a grilled cheese sandwich, will be paying for that for a while. 151 before my walk after lunch, 122 when I got home.   walking again soon.

janice21475
On 1/12/2019 at 12:09 PM, Kit said:

Wednesday is Mr Fuzzy's 50th birthday. 

I am going to pan fry radishes and make kind of a pan fried potato type of thing for me.  I

Happy Birthday, Mr. Fuzzy. Never met you but feel I know you after so many years of seeing your name. :)

Kit, When you say radishes, do you mean those little red things with white insides? Or. the big white things? I have never got that clear in my mind and I want to try them.

Cheers to you both, enjoy your celebration times while you can.

Hammer
On 1/12/2019 at 4:07 PM, adiantum said:

7 on this lovely cool morning.

The heat is to return  next week with most days exceeding 100F

This is when I start watching webcams in snow country.

Lee, we got about 3 inches (7.6 cm) of snow yesterday, so I was able to finally use my snowblower to clear off my driveway.  Once the driveway was cleared off, I used my new snow rake to clear off my cars.  I felt bad for my neighbor, since he has a snow blade attached to his garden tractor to clear off his driveway, and it takes him forever to clear off his driveway.  My driveway is 140 feet long (42.6 meters), and it took me about 5 minutes to clear it off, using my tractor with the snowblower attachment.  I used to clear off his driveway when it snowed, but his driveway is now falling apart, with large pieces of asphalt breaking up in his driveway.  Because of the large pieces of asphalt on his driveway, it's impossible to use a snowblower on.....and he works at a company that resurfaces asphalt roads.  If he'd resurface his driveway, I'd be more than happy to clear snow off of it, but in the present condition that his driveway is in, trying to clear it off would damage my snowblower.

FunDad62

My work has decided to give us another yearly holiday.  MLK day on the 21st.  Yay for that.  Three day weekend coming up and I don't have to go to Georgia to help with dad.

Kit
17 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Happy Birthday, Mr. Fuzzy. Never met you but feel I know you after so many years of seeing your name. :)

Kit, When you say radishes, do you mean those little red things with white insides? Or. the big white things? I have never got that clear in my mind and I want to try them.

Cheers to you both, enjoy your celebration times while you can.

Yep, just the regular nothing special round red balls of fire.  They greatly mellow out when cooked.  They turned out pretty well actually.  :)

97 for me.

Fraser

107 this moenung,

After 11 months off of running, I updated my running shoes and signed up for my typical first run of the year (5K only, I still have not figured out balancing BG with 10K runs) Time was not great, shoes were a good choice, very sore this morning surprise!  but I finished in my usual middle of the 70+ bracket. 

So a start back.

Fun surprise, my packet included a “legacy” bib for completing the run at the same course in the last five years.  It included a note that they next legacy bib is for 10 years in a a row.  I won’t plan on that.  

adiantum

7 for me.

Well done Fraser & I'd not be surprised if you get the next legacy bib.

Spent the day visiting   a friend  yesterday who lives near this dogs leash free park. All the dogs had a great time but mine refused to get his feet wet.

5c3ce5e3c3a1e_park002.JPG.866e0f51bcbcce7ff527d0ad0610ea41.JPG

ran23
2 hours ago, ran23 said:

111 this morning after making to the lawnmowers outside. 

actually, waking to the noise of the lawnmowers.