Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

FunDad62

Only taken Novolog twice in the last 7 days.  Had an endo checkup last week.  He looked at my lab work, made "hmm" noises, asked me questions then said, "Well....I am very happy with what I see here."  :)

Monday #1

IrinaHarr

116 today, I did eat fat sweet strawberries but 116 is better than 136 yesterday morning when I did nothing to deserve it. I think I was better hydrated today.

@Diana_CT - happy birthday! sitting in the garden sipping coffee is my favorite thing! I was digging in the flower bed yesterday, , it was 66F with nice breeze and absolutely enjoyable; moved one of the Bobo hydrangeas and planted Tiger Eyes sumac on that spot to create the height and potentially screen whatever-item-of-the-day neighbors rolled out of the garage :)  I love them dearly, they are good and they are young and I enjoy getting a glimpse of them and waving a "hi".  This weekend an antique clothes washer appeared in my direct view - rusty old thing, from some farm barn I assume, you know the one with the crank and two rollers to squeeze out water. That prompted me rethink landscaping plan AND I always wanted that lacy looking plant with bright colored foliage. So two birds with one stone. Ha!

Oh and welcome @Julies !

Edited by IrinaHarr

Ahnanimus

Hi guys, it's good to be back. I won't bore you with the details, but for the  past months I've been dealing with my daughter's illness and it has been touch and go for a while. Thankfully, she's doing a great deal better now and I  can exhale again. 

@Diana_CT Happy Birthday 🎉🎊🎁 May you live long and prosper!

Kit

I forgot to record this morning.  84/86, somewhere around there.

adiantum

6.5 and that pleases me.. yay for meds as ive been struggling.

@Ahnanimus , its soooo good to see you back & I hope your daughter continues to improve.

@IrinaHarr, when you write a book, please send me an autographed copy. I really enjoy your stories. 

Watching a quiz show on tv recently & a contestant collects washing machines. It made me thankful I only collect old linen ( vases,books,phones etc ).

Ive not heard that common name for that Hydrangea but google told me its the same one I have in a pot.

Its not doing well, so maybe it wont be coming to the new house. It mustve been propagated from a low growing branch so it doesnt grow upwards without a stake for support.

Plants here now have to be in pots just a little higher then my boy can lift his leg.

IrinaHarr

122 today.

@adiantum - Here is my landscaping project with projected height of the shrubs at maturity. Washer in the background :) I am adding purple dome aster today for fall color. I will never write a book I think, as English is my second language; love to read Aussie writer Liane Moriarty's books - if you have not read them, find them. My favs are "What Alice Forgot", "Three Wishes" and "Hipnotist's Story" - realism, very witty, easy to read; she is actually writing about some serious life matters.

20190610_112009b.jpg

Edited by IrinaHarr

meyery2k

Today is Kamehameha Day in Hawaii.  King Kamehameha I (also known as King Kamehameha the Great) is remembered as the first monarch of the Kingdom of Hawaii.  Through war and statesmanship he unified the islands under one nation.  This picture was taken after the draping ceremony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_I

Image may contain: people standing, sky, tree, plant and outdoor

adiantum

7.7 Idont know why strawberries did that to me...too many perhaps?

@Ahnanimus, you were always in my thoughts  & we missed you too. 

@IrinaHarr

You are more tolerant then me.I'd have a 7ft solid screen there. I love my privacy & have 7 to 8 ft solid fences around my property.

Unfortunately I'm not a reader so dont know that author. Reading was considered to be wasting time according to mother, as I had chores to be doing.

Now I really know how to waste time :))

IrinaHarr

@adiantum  You could listen to audio books it is like someone tells you a story while you waste your time the way you like best!

I have my fears and I do not like change (like when new people move next door and start changing everything and make noise :) ) but my husband taught me that my enjoyment of the property depends on good relationships with neighbors. So when Jesse and Miranda moved in I found my old bread maker and baked fresh bread and delivered it next door Sunday morning to introduce myself. A little effort pays off big time! At our previous place neighbor became my best friend, we are still in touch. So, make bread not war! ✌️

adiantum

@IrinaHarr it doesnt always work so well. My new neighbours moved in, I put an extension cord over the fence to allow them to use my electricity until theirs was connected. I loaned him my tools. I didnt know they had balaclavas for night time activities & have been thieves &  thugs ever since.

steel
On 6/9/2019 at 7:30 PM, janice21475 said:

Steel,  "I am just irritated by this. 7 is a bit much. I am pissed off. "

You could have washed your hands and tested again. I bet you picked up something in the kitchen while preparing the omelette. Moved a jar of something in the fridge, you know.   I will hold that thought for you, anyway. It was a fluke! Hope that thought makes yo feel better.

Thanks Janice! I washed my hands twice...it came back at 6.8. It was 7 the second time. I really wish it were a fluke!

BG has been 6-6.5 fasting,d espite eating super low carb. last night i had a hamburger (no bun) with 1gram of carbs and a bit of asparagus. BG in the morning was 6.4.

i haven't a clue what's going on. if anyone has any thoughts or has experienced this, please do share.

when this happens, it makes me worry if suddenly i am developing t1.5 diabetes. that's scary. it's far fetched as heck but a thought that makes me nervous.