Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

meyery2k

90 today.

@steel - The only insight I can offer is that you might be fighting off an infection that is sub clinical.  I have also, at times, had higher readings than I would expect after an intense day on my bike.  From what I understand, dehydration and muscle repair can play a role.  Are you staying well hydrated?  

Hammer

Hmmm, the last post I made was for Tuesday, since I got up around 11:30 PM Tuesday night, and by the time I posted the reading, it was after midnight.  I have been up all night, and met  friend in town for breakfast.  After breakfast, I went home and cut the grass, and I just now tested, and my BG was 75 (4.17), which surprised me since I had scrapple and eggs for breakfast, along with hash browns and toast, and I didn't take any insulin for it.  I won't be getting up today (Wednesday), so I guess I'll have to just use 75, since that's the only reading that I've taken today.

adiantum

7.3 Hammer I dont know how you cope with that sleeping pattern.

Last night I tried to sit up & listen to the cricket on the radio. 

Australia v Pakistan.

I kept falling asleep & only heard the last 3 hours play & to do  that I had to frequently walk about the house.

The previous night I slept 8 hours without interruption which is the norm.

Kit

I'm a bad girl. Only got an hour so sleep last night on the first half. Sitting here in Chicago waiting for us to depart for final leg of trip. 

Since this is one of those tiny flights, I couldn't carry on my main bag. My meter is in that bag. And I'm hungry now. 

This may be my first missed morning reading since I got my first meter and supply of strips. 

IrinaHarr

113 today, thought it would be higher. Stayed up late watching last Stanley Cup game - cannot believe Bruins lost. Somehow I got pulled into watching hockey game this year, Have not done it for 20 years, Nebraska is sort of a football country (Go Big Red!!). Was teaching my husband the hockey rules, what's happening on the rink and I think he got it 🏒

Edited by IrinaHarr

meyery2k

This was my reading.  Trying for a little humor.  Went to the dermatologist and I will have to have Mohs surgery on my arm.  The BCC went too deep for cream treatment.  We had the installation dinner for our Rotary Officers for 2019-2020 last night.  That was good because I would have sat home and brooded.  The food was good but I know there was some hidden sugar in everything.  I could taste it.

Today is a new day with new challenges and I move on.

image.jpeg.30285522a7eddacf13817e7f5d90c725.jpeg

janice21475
1 hour ago, meyery2k said:

This was my reading. 

image.jpeg.30285522a7eddacf13817e7f5d90c725.jpeg

Are you saying the reading was 101???

adiantum

8 because I ate too much & exercised too little without taking meds.

Slept 10 hours last night to recover from the  previous night listening to the cricket match.

Cute reference Mike.. I used to have a Dalmation named Apache & she was  a lovely dog.

Ive been so lucky in having such  wonderful dogs as companions, pity I cant say the same about humans .:D

Diana_CT

I was at a meeting and they had pizza, I only had 2 pieces but I was watching another attendee who is diabetic, she has had 2 foot operations pile her plate 4 slices and go back for two more helpings. And you wonder why she had the 2 operations. 

steel

5.6 at least it's coming down. I had two 500 mg pills of Metformin to test if that works. Although it hadn't worked last week. I'll try one pill tonight instead one just one in the afternoon, keep everything else the same.

If it's stays down tomorrow..then I think it likely was a subclinical infection driving it up.

adiantum

7.8 still paying for my foolishness.

Diana, that pizza pig reminds me of the neighbours I used to  watch & keep as an example but  theyre no longer out & about.

One is dead, & the other 3 are house bound. All 4 followed the ADA guidelines .