Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Kit

96 no alcohol this time. 

But I did sleep like the dead last night for the first time in weeks. 

Wake is this evening. 

IrinaHarr

129 this morning, blueberries fell off the wagon yesterday :)

@adiantum - "With so many packed crates to move away from where it will be used , &  I have to move things so fire exits are kept free." Do you have some service like "PODS" here in US where you get storage unit on a driveway with locks to move your crated stuff as you pack? They can take it warehouse for storage as long as you need and deliver it where you move later.

TX_Clint

85 this morning. Brother is much better but will probably be hospitalized for 3 or 4 more weeks.

Ahnanimus

94 today

🌨🌩Rainy days🎶🎵and Mondays ♩always make me "glad"🎼🎶🎵

Have a  great week guys.

adiantum

Ahnanimus, there are storage units in the next suburb but you have to take it there.

I'm only saving stuff thats at least 50yrs old as I wont be able to replace it easily.

We have a bulk waste collection day coming up, so Ive lots of stuff to put out for the collectors & that will free up some tubs.

Its a great system where by people drive past & take what they want or can sell. Its like  a convoy of sidewalk shoppers.

The county advertise the day so collectors are ready.

Oh goodie..a sing-a-long...

🎶Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothin' ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothin' to do but frown
Rainy days and Mondays always makes me glad (get me down)  🎶

Edited by adiantum

Kit

94 here at this obscene hour. Can't sleep. Funeral today. 

@TX_Clintglad to here your brother is improving. 

Hammer

A 67 (3.71) for today.

Lee, while they may not have PODS where you live, there are other companies that offer the same service.  Maybe Google this type of service to see what they offer where you live.  What they do is to bring a large container to your house, drop it off where ever you tell them to, then you store whatever you want in it, and lock it every night.  Once you move, they will come and pick up the container, and either deliver it to your new house, or to a storage warehouse for storage, until you are ready to have it brought to your house.  Think of it as being similar to the trailer part of a tractor trailer...the doors to it can be locked with a padlock, and these units come in a variety of sizes to accommodate whatever amount of items you need to have stored. 

I can imagine how stressful it is to have to move into another house, but having to decide what to keep and what to get rid, makes the move even more stressful.  By just placing most of your possessions into a unit like this for now, then deciding later what to keep and what to get rid of, would lessen the stress levels. 

adiantum

7.2 after 10 hours sleep.

You folk are great in helping out..I loves ya forit!!

Theres no room here for a pod. The car only just fits in the driveway & even then I cant open passenger side doors nor the bonnet/hood.

I started to move the plastic crates to the back porch I will put a motion sensor alarm on them.

Yesterday the 25yr old car passed its road worthy exam... Thats a huge accomplishment as that inspector is tough.

All it needed was new wiper blades.

Stay strong Kit... we're with you in spirit.

Ran.. woohoo... congrats on  that A1c

Kit

102 here

I suspect a mixture of stress yesterday, too much protein too late, and, ugh, hormones. Seriously why NOW. 

Ahnanimus

83 on a wet Wednesday.  It's a holiday and perfect weather for cozying up in bed and watching tv.

adiantum

6.6 I love the kerosene heater!! Instant heat made the office my favourite room this morning.

I'm concerned the dogs fluffy tail could slip through the guard.

Outside , its 5C / 41F and the radios  surf report said the water is 18C / 65F ...not that I'll be surfing.

I always enjoyed being on the beach at dawn &  watching the sun rise over the ocean.

ran23

My Thyroid numbers were way off.  The Nurses got back to me to tell me, Biotin can do that.  I was taking a bit before this test. the Nurses there are good to me.