Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Ahnanimus

96. Today's reading was  brought to me with the unkind courtesy of a sleepless night 😞

It's Friyay guys, may your weekend be full of inappropriate fun😁

ran23

96 today, for no special reason.  I keep my BP down and pulse over 100 for a good part of the day working/cleaning.  

Hammer

A 79 (4.39) today.  This week has been miserable....temperatures in the 90's (32°C). 

Yesterday, I had to drag my old 10,000 BTU air conditioner outside, so that it can be picked up by my trash collector.  That thing is really heavy, and I was concerned as to how to get it down the foyer steps to the front door.  I have a hand truck, so I strapped the air conditioner to the hand truck, rolled it to the top of the steps, and decided that, since my balance isn't all that good, I'd slowly let it step down a few steps, then I'd sit down and move it down the last two steps as I moved my sitting position from one step to the next.  Like an idiot, I went down one step too many.  I was stooping down so low holding the hand truck, and also holding one hand onto the banister, when I realized that, as low as I was stooping, there was no way I could lift my legs up so that I could sit down on the stairs. (anyone seeing this would have most likely thought it was a hysterical sight.) I tried to pull the hand truck back up a step, but the steps are shaped in a manner that made that impossible, so I was standing there, straining to hold the weight of the air conditioner on the hand truck, thinking that I might have to just let go of the hand truck, and let the air conditioner just crash onto the foyer floor, but I was afraid that, that much weight might break through the floor.  I decided to try and slowly move my left foot side to side as I pushed it forward.  It slowly inched towards the edge of the top step.  Once I got it to the edge of the top step, I was able to push it off the top step, onto the next step, which gave me enough room to be able to move my right foot onto the next step.  Once I was able to do that, I was able to sit down on the steps.  Of course, by then, I was soaked with sweat, which is typical for me during the hot, summer months.  At least I managed to get it outside.  When I was younger, I would have just picked it up and carried it outside, but age has a way of preventing you from doing things like that.

adiantum

@IrinaHarr theres another bunch of bananas waiting to find a good home.

I usually give them to the man that'd split my firewood as he walked past , but Ive not seen him in months.

I'd rather not chase him down in case I cry 'oh poor me, I need help repairing the toilet'.

Yesterday I was feeling dizzy , a side effect  of the d meds. As I was getting up from the royal throne I went crashing into the wall.

Broke the seal of the throne to the floor & pulled the plumbing out. 

Thats my chores for today!! 

FunDad62

I'm at my parents house in GA again and I always eat bad here.  Mother's like to feed their children.  We had a sitter for dad yesterday so mom and I went out to lunch at a nice restaurant on the river.  Fried calimari, fried shrimp, cole slaw and french fries.  :(

image.thumb.png.3a720d6b1ada6fe510a601bdee4b4232.png

Kit

94 here

I slept 10 hours straight last night without waking up once.  Oh that felt so good.

adiantum

Yay Kit... youve adopted my sleeping hours & I admire your youth going so long without a bathroom break.

I'd love to be going to that sale with you Ahnanimus but I've declared nothing new is to come into this house if it needs to be packed.

Kit

92 after a glorious 11 straight hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I'm almost starting to feel human again.

adiantum

I also slept 11 hours but  that included the 3am bathroom intermission.

Its like sitting on a rocking horse now  until I get the stuff to bond it to the floor.

Not sure I want to continue with these D meds. Dizzy isnt a good feeling.

meyery2k

94 today.  Some pictures from yesterday.  Went up a road I had always been meaning to check out and was reward with a stunning vista.  I started at the point off in the distance.  🚴‍♂️

Image may contain: cloud, sky, mountain, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: cloud, sky, ocean, outdoor and nature

Ahnanimus

90 on a rainy Monday.

Adiantum I envy you. Don't think I've ever slept for 11 hours. Got 2 between 5 and 7 this morning. So sorry your meds is making you dizzy, that can be dangerous.  Do tale care.