Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Hammer

A 96 (5.33) today.

Lee, the reason that I spike high when eating cashews is because, when I eat them, I buy the whole cashews, not the halves and pieces, and I eat them one at a time.  Eating one at a time makes it difficult to determine how much insulin I should take, since I'm not really paying attention to how many I'm eating, and I wouldn't take any insulin if I only ate a few.  I'll just eat a few, then close the jar.  A few minutes later, I'll open the jar and eat a few more, then close the jar.  I'll do this over and over again, until I've eaten too many, but eating one at a time, makes it seem like I'm not eating that many, so I don't take any insulin.

I haven't used my kerosene heater in ages, so I had to check out the price of kerosene around here, and it costs $3 per gallon (3.78 liters).  Twenty liters (5.28 gallons) would cost about $15.80 here.

Diana_CT
5 hours ago, adiantum said:

Cherries never bothered my BG, but that could be because I soak them in brandy for at least 3 weeks before 'party time'.

Brandied Cherries & Camembert cheese is soooooo good.

My grandmother used to soak them in 180 proof grain alcohol (she lived to 99) and have been using vodka.  

But officer I only had three cherries!

Edited by Diana_CT

adiantum
13 hours ago, Hammer said:

A 96 (5.33) today.

Lee, the reason that I spike high when eating cashews is because, when I eat them, I buy the whole cashews, not the halves and pieces, and I eat them one at a time.  Eating one at a time makes it difficult to determine how much insulin I should take, since I'm not really paying attention to how many I'm eating, and I wouldn't take any insulin if I only ate a few.  I'll just eat a few, then close the jar.  A few minutes later, I'll open the jar and eat a few more, then close the jar.  I'll do this over and over again, until I've eaten too many, but eating one at a time, makes it seem like I'm not eating that many, so I don't take any insulin.

I haven't used my kerosene heater in ages, so I had to check out the price of kerosene around here, and it costs $3 per gallon (3.78 liters).  Twenty liters (5.28 gallons) would cost about $15.80 here.

I also buy whole cashews & had no idea any other form were sold. Wow , kero is much cheaper there.

Vodka & cherries... Now thats worth trying. they'd even look nicer then browned by brandy.

11 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

My grandmother used to soak them in 180 proof grain alcohol (she lived to 99) and have been using vodka.  

But officer I only had three cherries!

Ahnanimus

94 . I'm feeling ĺike a lump on Humpday. Think I'll  just wear my crown and dance around the house today!😁

adiantum

That Circus map looked very similar to my walk home from school when about 6yrs old.

I always was an explorer & sometimes that took me through hazardous tracks. Having to carry my school bag above my head while walking through swamp with water at shoulder height mightve deterred the average child, but not me.I had to go out of my way to explore that swamp .

Ahnanimus
22 hours ago, adiantum said:

That Circus map looked very similar to my walk home from school when about 6yrs old.

I always was an explorer & sometimes that took me through hazardous tracks. Having to carry my school bag above my head while walking through swamp with water at shoulder height mightve deterred the average child, but not me.I had to go out of my way to explore that swamp .

That's a very good descriptionof my school days also. I had approximately a dozen routes to get home none of which led directly there and many led to being lost and a sound whopping when I got home 😁😁

105 this morning, for no good reason.

adiantum

7 on this Happy Friday.

Ahnanimus, we made our own choices back in those days : )

I never liked school probably because I was caned on my first day, two months before I turned 5yrs old.

There would be criminal charges  these days for such treatment.

Mother or my aunt would take turns in taking me to school but I'd always get back home before them.

I even accepted their bribes but still ran back home. There were a few ways to go & all I had to do was wait at the corner to see which way they went.

Aunt took the high road so I took the other, until I saw the butcher woman standing outside sharpening her knife. She asked where I was going, then threatened to cut me up & turn me into sausages unless I went back to school.

That was the day I found the 3rd detour through the swamp which became a favorite detour. 

Now when looking for real estate, it has to be somewhere that needs to be explored : ))

FunDad62

TGIF.  Actually feels pleasant out this morning.  Rare this time of the year.