Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

IrinaHarr
On 7/16/2019 at 11:04 AM, meyery2k said:

"soft nose wiping surface"

I am awfully fond of soft nose wiping surface :)

adiantum

I met a lovely new dog in the park yesterday. A staffy with dachshund type legs.. his name was " little legs".

I do hope he doesnt mind having this name as a constant reminder of his differences.

Do dogs feel embarrassed? 

I used to feel sorry for " Kate" a cattle dog. She  wore a scarf over her ears to stop  the infections when she hung out the car window to bark..for the entire journey.

adiantum

The kerosene heater story cont.

My electricity bill arrived & I've used 40% less electricity then I did same period last year.

This saving  has now covered the cost of kerosene plus the purchase price of the heater.

The house is warmer then it was with using electric heaters .

The house was warmer with the open fire but maybe that was splitting & carrying firewood warmed me up.

Hammer

Lee, I'm sure that you know this, but just in case you don't, make sure to have adequate ventilation in the room where the kerosene heater is placed, like leave a door slightly open to another room.  Kerosene heaters use up oxygen, so if you don't have adequate ventilation, it could suffocate you.

When I used mine, I used it mainly in my basement family room, and one day, I was using it while watching TV and I fell asleep.  I didn't have adequate ventilation, and when I woke up, I found that I could hardly breath...as if breathing in didn't result in any oxygen filling my lungs.  I got up and opened the door to the rest of the basement, and that instantly allowed fresh air to rush into the family room, and I could breath okay again.  Had I not woke up, I wouldn't be here today.  I never did that again.☺️

Edited by Hammer

adiantum

One of the advantages in having an old house is that theyre well ventilated :rofl: 

The heater is in just one room with one door open & the adjacent  exterior doors draught stopper came offyears ago, so plenty of breeze enters through that gap.

Ahnanimus

88 today. It's the start of my birthday weekend and I'm stating upfront, I  won't be responsible for any unusual b.s. readings as I've already determined my machine hates me to have fun. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!😁😂

ran23

a 103 this morning.   miss my Bitter Melon.   Walked and 107.    Salmon cream cheese spread on 3 crackers before my walk.  my bad.

Hammer

A 76 (4.22) today in this ridiculous heat....95°F (35°C), with 60% humidity.  I went outside to see if I could use my new cordless grass trimmer to cut down some weeds along my front sidewalk, and after 10 minutes, I had to quit.  The seat was rolling down my face, my neck was dripping sweat onto the ground, my arms were soaked to the point that sweat was running off of them, and my shirt was soaked.

I know that other places in the country get hotter temperatures, but I wonder, except for Texas and Florida, do any of these other places have high humidity with the hot temperatures?

adiantum

One does important chores at 35C & cutting grass is not important.

These  things are done very early in the morning before the heat.

During the day its important to stay hydrated & wear a hat if outside.

11 hours ago, Hammer said:

A 76 (4.22) today in this ridiculous heat....95°F (35°C), with 60% humidity.  I went outside to see if I could use my new cordless grass trimmer to cut down some weeds along my front sidewalk, and after 10 minutes, I had to quit.  T

Ahnanimus
20 hours ago, adiantum said:

@Ahnanimus , to which BS are you referring to on these predicted unusual readings? :rofl: 

😁😁😂 Think it will depend on the readings. Today's "blood sugar" is 97.

The celebrations continue 🤗