Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

I'm expecting higher readings for a while having to be more vigilant in taking B3 hoping to prevent more skin cancers developing.

The side effect of B3 is higher BG.

I watched a comedy skit last night on Live at the Apollo & it sounded like he'd been reading my posts here.

His whole stand up was about people that sleep all through the night...ooops :P

Then what really bugged him was that they  dont even need to visit the bathroom ..all night :lol:

I declared I'd not discuss my sleeping & voiding practices here any more.......but I did enjoy the laughing at his antics .

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.

Lee, when it's humid outside, I can't cut the grass until the dew has evaporated off of the grass, which usually isn't until noon or later.  Cutting wet grass isn't good for the mower, and the cut, wet grass comes out of the mower in balls, making the lawn look bad.  I'm planning on cutting the grass tomorrow (Sunday), even though it is going to be a bit hotter (98°F or 36.6°C), but the humidity will be a lot lower, and there is going to be a nice breeze.  I'll mainly be just riding my garden tractor, so I won't be exerting myself that much, but I'll still need to do the trim work, and it looks like I'll need to use my string line trimmer, which puts a strain on my back, but I've been thinking about maybe just spreading out some Weed and Feed, which kills the weeds, but aids the grass.(I have a big bag of it in my basement.)

Diana_CT

This morning’s reading was 145

Yesterday was brutal! I am up at the cottage on Cape Cod and it was 94 F (34 C) with a feel like temperature of 115 F (46 C) and relative humidity of 70%! At 4 AM it was 80 F (27 C) and a relative humidity of 79%.

I did a Google search on heat and humidity effect on blood sugar…

During warmer months, it is especially important for people with diabetes to stay properly hydrated. Dehydration can cause blood sugar to rise as the glucose in your blood becomes more concentrated.

And it also effect the meter and test strips.

The  CDC has some tips about high heat and humidity.

On Friday morning I went walking down through the pine barrens in the Cape Cod National Seashore along Hatches Harbor trail.

Hatches+Harbor+Trail.jpg

Rounding a corner on the trail you come out on a tidal marsh and you can see the Race Point Lighthouse

Race+Point+2.jpg

I donated a pint of blood to the mosquito and black flies as we walked, I am covered with insect bites, one even got me on the cheek. 

Kit

Oh that heat does sound brutal.  Summer has been dragging its feet here, not that I mind much, though seems to be here in full fource this weekend.

96 here

Hammer

A 90 (5.0) today.

Well, I did manage to get the tractor out and cut the weeds on the embankment at the end of my driveway.  That was the main area that really needed cutting.  I wanted to cut the rest of the lawn, but by the time I finished cutting the embankment, I was sweating like crazy....my arms, face and neck, had sweat dripping off onto the ground, my shirt was completely soaked, my pants were soaked, as were my socks.  I could hear thunder in the background, and it was getting closer, and there were dark clouds moving in.  I decided to put the tractor away, and wait for another day to cut the grass.  I didn't want to start cutting the grass, then have it start to rain.  It wasn't supposed to rain today, but it is supposed to rain tomorrow.  If it does rain tomorrow, then the next day, if it isn't raining, I'll throw down some Weed and Feed on the weeds in my yard.  You're supposed to put down the Weed and Feed when the weeds and grass are wet, like after a rain, that way, the Weed and Feed is able to stick to the weeds to destroy them.

FunDad62

They said normally by this time of the summer we've had an average of 5 days over 97F.  This year we've had 20. 

adiantum

8  which might be from something I ate.

I'm hoping Winter is on its way out.

Days here these past few days start at 46F & by 3pm its up to 75F

Ahnanimus

81 today.

@adiantum thank you for the birthday greeting, it has been a wonderful celebration and I'm pleased to say that the b.s.  (both types) cooperated with each other.😁

Diana_CT

This morning's reading has dropped from the last few days down to 119.

Last Saturday I attended a picnic and ate all the wrong types of food and it is slowly working its way out of my system.

Edited by Diana_CT