Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

Ahnanimus

115 for no apparent reason. Makes me mad as there was some ice cream I resisted and I just think if it's going to be high, then at least my mouth should've¬† been¬† happy ūüėÄ

adiantum

8.5 these higher no's correlate with the painful bladder...sending private messages & wishes to those that invented pelvic floor mesh.

Diana, I'm glad your ok after the tornado's . Impressed with the childs response to the journalist.

That is a freedom of speech not afforded to my generation at those years.

IrinaHarr

Unexpected (lower than usual) 108 today. Must be the cooler weather and being more outside doing things :)

adiantum

8.5  which is an awful start to the day.

Yesterday was just as bad but stressful to go with it.

at 8C/ 46F my heater ran out of kerosene. I had 3 bottles of it but couldnt open the caps. Squeeze hard & twist  was beyond me.

I was sure they'd be some people in the dog park even at 6am on a cold morning, so off we went.

One man was there with a standard poodle & he was kind enough to help but only to open 2 bottles, the 3rd wouldnt budge.

Later, a woman arrived & recommended a large shifter spanner... what a clever woman!

I'll have to go through the tool box today.

meyery2k

92 today

Lee - I find this wrench fixes or opens anything in my house.  My mechanically gifted friend gets angry when I use this on fasteners because it is only for pipes and that is why it has grooves.  He always chides me that I will ruin a nut one day using it lol...

I am not quite that bad (just embellishing a little) but it is a pretty effective tool for many things.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjsBJDT7MiNJKyEWP31PLK33BZFQ5ognI3TZZykhrFwWAfinPG5_vzqTsVVPRnpFB7ytsYRMIeCCyy7wIgNeKq8RP2EnZz-4bG_NDc4Xt6HQrPhodtEfoSUQ&usqp=CAY

Ahnanimus

93.  Today marks 2 years since I've stopped meds after taking Januvia for 1 month after I was diagnosed. 

adiantum

8 again. I'd like to go back to the doctor for other meds but this is the flu season & doctors waiting rooms are a health hazard.

I should try to make an appointment for the first slot Monday mornings before the sick people arrive.

IIRC my shifter is like that Mike although it's so old it came before the invention of colours.

It used to be a plumbers & will be on the very bottom drawer of the tool cabinet. I can see it will  have many uses around the house .

Diana, isnt it interesting how we have different names for objects......a' shifter' is rather ambigious.

Hammer

A 76 (4.22) for me also today.

Any type of tool with teeth that can grip something should never be used on nuts and bolts, because they will damage the nut or¬†bolt.¬† If that's all you have in a pinch, then of course, use it, but it's not recommended.¬† The main do all tool like a pipe wrench,¬† is a pair of Channellocks.¬† I have 5 different sizes of them, but I only use them on pipes or large nuts.¬† For most other things, like nuts and¬†bolts I have several sets of ratchets, as well as nut drivers and¬†crescent wrenches.¬† I have several sets of combination wrenches, including a set of speed wrenches (also called ratcheting wrenches).¬† The largest set of combination wrenches I have goes up to 2¬Ĺ inches (50.8 mm).

I also have several pipe wrenches of the type that Mike mentioned.  The largest is only 12 inches (30.5 cm), since that is the largest anyone would need around their house.  At work, I frequently used a 48 inch (122 cm) wrench on large diameter pipe.  If I were to need a pipe wrench bigger than my 12 inch one to try to unscrew something, I just used my 12 inch wrench with a cheater.  A cheater, for those of you who don't know, is a pipe of pipe that is large enough in diameter to allow the pipe wrench handle to fit into.  You slide the pipe wrench handle into the pipe, and used the pipe as a handle.  Typically, the pipe is about 3 feet (91 cm) long.  You can do the same thing with a ratchet handle, but doing that can sometimes damage the ratchet handle, so you're better off using a breaker bar instead of a ratchet, since a breaker bar doesn't ratchet, it's just a bar with a square head on it that accepts a socket.

meyery2k

@Hammer - The pipe wrench goes nowhere near my bikes lol...  I have an assortment of wrenches and a breaker bar which is handy for removing the cassette from the back wheel (the thing with the gears).  There is a lock nut that I have a special fitting for.  The fitting will fit a 15mm socket.  It is usually too tight to break with a regular ratchet handle but the breaker bar makes easy work of it.

My handiest tools by far are "T" handle allen wrenches.  Sometimes you have to reach through spokes or work at other odd angles and they get in there very easily vs. the standard elbow shaped allen wrench.

Hammer
4 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

@Hammer - The pipe wrench goes nowhere near my bikes lol...  I have an assortment of wrenches and a breaker bar which is handy for removing the cassette from the back wheel (the thing with the gears).  There is a lock nut that I have a special fitting for.  The fitting will fit a 15mm socket.  It is usually too tight to break with a regular ratchet handle but the breaker bar makes easy work of it.

My handiest tools by far are "T" handle allen wrenches.  Sometimes you have to reach through spokes or work at other odd angles and they get in there very easily vs. the standard elbow shaped allen wrench.

Mike, I also have a set of "T" handle Allen wrenches, as well as a set of Allen wrenches that are attached to sockets for my ratchet.(the T handled Allen wrenches came in handy when I had to assemble the 4 desk chairs that my radio club ordered for our clubhouse.)  When you have to do various projects around the house, you begin to accumulate an assortment of tools.  I think I have most of the tools that I will need to fix things around my house.  I have a propane torch that I use to solder copper fittings, a side grinder that I mostly use with thin, cutting disks to cut through anything, several power drills, including a hammer drill, a saber saw, a circular saw, and well, there are too numerous tools to mention.  Whenever I have a job to do around my house, I make sure that I have the proper tools to do it, and by doing that, I have accumulated a lot of tools.....some tools I have only used once, but it's nice to know that I have them, in the event that a friend or family member might need some assistance with a project.