Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

8.6 I might have to try this bitter melon. I just googled it & was  distracted by benefits of other vegetables.

Particularly  ' Chayote " , then realised its what we call choko .

Glad plants have the scientific name as these common names differ  in  many regions.

ran23

103  today.   few strips left.   can't walk, smoke from the fires filling the valley.  

steel

5.4 this morning

my beta blocker dosage was increased...had my fingers crossed...so far bg is pretty stable..no upward trends.  post lunch today was 5.8 (2 hours pp). honestly 6 and below is my goal still. at times, it's a tad higher but i don't sweat it too much now. can't afford to burn out a year into t2d life...sometimes you've just got to work with your body the way it is. if it needs other meds that impact BG a bit, it's okay. i've become more easygoing lately, not in terms of managing diabetes but just in general. i keep trying to make myself see that ...this is a marathon. i have to take it slow and steady, one day at a time. the freakouts after i was diagnosed are mostly gone...i have an ingrown toenail i've been keeping an eye on for almost half a year. earlier i'd get scared and imagine horrific stuff happening to it (despite A1C in the 4.9 to 5 range so far...so i am trying hard to be responsible to myself). now i am like...just keep an eye on it, keep it clean. it's not infected.

i don't imagine the worst at the drop of a hat now. i had a UTI and wasn't like...oh this will get out of hand and turn into some diabetic emergency lol. it's like..uh...it'll be a year since diagnosis soon enough..and you'reokay...you're doing better than you were before diagnosis. many more years will go by...your eyes, kidneys etc..will be okay as long as you care for yourself well and stay in touch with your support network and don't get isolated. everything will be okay. that's what i tell myself now :) it's been such a rough year...just sooo rough.

i also..ahem ended a relationship a few weeks back. it was tough. this person really wasn't treating me well...started dating someone else and didn't tell me until i asked. led me on...made me believe we had a future...was dishonest in unimaginable ways.  just so much nonsense all around. i feel so free now. all my girlfriends gathered around me and supported me. i was in so much pain..i can't tell you guys how hard it was...it was so excruciatingly painful because i had never lied to this person. i am actually okay with nonmonogamy, but i am not okay with dishonesty, with secrets and lies....with being made to feel like i was a priority and then relegated to receiving scraps of attention while the person stated dating someone else and didn't even tell  me. i was pushed to the periphery...strung along...fooled. but like i was saying above, everything will be okay. what hasn't life thrown at me that i haven't overcome? i am 30...there will be other loves...true sincere ones. ❤️

i am happy to be a part of Df family..happy i can say this here.

Diana_CT

My central air conditioner broke down in the middle of the  heat wave and the HVAC company is backed up... maybe Friday or Saturday they can come out to fix it. 😓