Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

adiantum

Wild winds here this morning but nothing like   Diana endured. Glad you were safe Diana.

Diana_CT

They forecasted server thunderstorms again last night, on radar the storms was all reds and purples when they crossed into Connecticut. As they hit the sea breeze the storms fizzled out and we just got a much needed rain storm. Beautiful morning, the humidity is gone and it is in the mid-sixties (18 C).

ran23

102 today, back trying Bitter Melon.  fixed my phone, too bad I missed my Doctor's appoint last week. 

adiantum

7.5 & bracing myself to walk the dog on this gusty winters morning.

Its 49F out there  & I dont do Winters easily.

Congratulations & a Happy Dance for you @IrinaHarr that A1c is awesome

janice21475
On 8/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, Hammer said:

A 59 (3.27) today.

Hammer, Hope you bring that fasting reading up soon, you concern me.

Hammer
1 hour ago, janice21475 said:

Hammer, Hope you bring that fasting reading up soon, you concern me.

Janice, yes, I did bring my reading up.  Today, it was 64 (3.55).  Keep in mind that readings in the 50's and 60's don't bother me.  I can always estimate what my low readings will be, based on how I feel.  Those times when I was in the 20's (twice), the 30's (three times), and the 40's (too many times to count), I knew that I was really low, since all of those times I was asleep and the lows woke me up, so I just got up, tested, saw the low, ate some glucose tablets, then went back to bed.  I have never been so low that I became incoherent, although there was one time when I went really low, but I didn't have my meter with me to see how low I went, that. 

I had injected my nightly Lantus dose, but apparently, I had injected it into a muscle.  I felt really strange, so I decided to drive to the local hospital to see what was going on.  It was almost midnight, so I got into my car and started to drive to the hospital.  About halfway there, I was shaking so bad that I had a hard time trying to hold onto the steering wheel, so I pulled over and stopped the car.  I realized that I was going extremely low, which happens when you inject your basal insulin into a muscle, so I opened up a zip-lock bag of glucose tablets that I keep in my cars, and began eating them.  I ate 15 of them, which was 60 carbs, and I could feel myself cooling down.  When I go really low, I begin to shake and sweat, and in this case, I was sweating so much, that the folded up paper towels that I was using to wipe my face and arms off with, were completely soaked, my shirt was completely soaked, and my pants were almost soaked.  I have no idea how low I was, but when I tested and found that I was in the 20's, I didn't shake and sweat that much, so I can only guess at what my glucose readings were at that point, and I'd have to guess that they were in the teens....and I was still coherent.

adiantum

Hammer please check your BG  every time you get into the car to drive.

Would you  be legally or just morally  responsible if you caused a fatality when driving so low. I'm sure a smart lawyer could make a case of it. I'd hate to read of that amazing car being smashed up.

A woman i know has had 2 accidents & now her insurance company insists she logs her bg levels before a journey & during it if it exceeds 30 minutes.

Hammer
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

Hammer please check your BG  every time you get into the car to drive.

Would you  be legally or just morally  responsible if you caused a fatality when driving so low. I'm sure a smart lawyer could make a case of it. I'd hate to read of that amazing car being smashed up.

A woman i know has had 2 accidents & now her insurance company insists she logs her bg levels before a journey & during it if it exceeds 30 minutes.

Lee, those times when I went really low, I was asleep at home, so I wasn't a danger to anyone.  That time that I was driving to the hospital and had to pull off of the road, I had gotten into my car to drive to the hospital, because something seemed off, and it was.  I was having a mild anxiety attack, but I didn't know that's what it was at the time.  My BG levels went really low at the same time, so I didn't know what was happening.  My BG levels have never been so low that it made me incoherent.  I don't know why I am coherent when my BG levels get so low, but I think that most people, if their BG levels drop down into the 20's, would not be able to function properly, but that doesn't seem to happen to me.  When my BG levels get really low, all that seems to happen is that I sweat and shake a lot, but I am still able to function properly.  Had I not been able to function properly, I would most likely be dead by now , which would have been a problem, since I would have had had a few library books that needed to be returned before incurring a late fee.😄

adiantum
I've learned so much of other cultures here. A drivers license here is considered  a privileged & not our right.
My license is marked with a S meaning I wear spectacles. It is my responsibility to always wear glasses when driving. 
Ooopsies I forgot   or, I can see quite well without them will not be accepted .
In Australia where theres been a fatality in a road accident, drivers are taken to a hospital for a mandatory blood,drug & alcohol testing.
A  police check would determine health conditions & medications taken such as insulin . 
 There is no  addendum excusing  the driver as always being aware & alert through  hypoglycemia .