Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

IrinaHarr

124 today, looks like rain (finally) after a month of drought  

@Hammer there is automatic medical device on the market to alert you if BG drops low (alarm will sound and wake you up), perhaps it's an option? I am aware of such device because my hairdresser wears it and has an insulin pump; I myself do not know much about either.

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

8 on this brisk winters monday morning and the kerosene heater wont start.

I'm sure my dog thinks I'm bilingual as theres some colorful language here today.

An early walk to the park will warm us up.

Alls well... of course it was my fault the heater wouldnt start.. I didnt replace the newly filled tank correctly.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer
On 8/11/2019 at 7:54 AM, IrinaHarr said:

124 today, looks like rain (finally) after a month of drought  

@Hammer there is automatic medical device on the market to alert you if BG drops low (alarm will sound and wake you up), perhaps it's an option? I am aware of such device because my hairdresser wears it and has an insulin pump; I myself do not know much about either.

Thanks for the tip, but I don't need a device like that. When your glucose level drops too low, and too low is subjective, your body has a build in alarm...it secretes adrenaline into your blood stream, and that makes you wake up.  You heart starts beating faster, you start getting hot and sweat a good bit, and that happens because, while sleeping, your heart is just coasting along at a slow pace, but when the adrenaline is released, your heart goes from 0 to 100 miles and hour.  There are people who are hypo unaware, meaning that when they go low, adrenaline isn't released into their blood stream, and those people would benefit from a device like you mentioned.

Hammer

A 119 (6.6) today.  I fell asleep last night and forgot to take my 11 PM insulin shot, so when that happens, I just keep my BG levels down during the day by taking small shots of my bolus insulin (Novolog), until it's time for my next 11 PM  Lantus insulin shot.

Kit

94 here

Wibble

Spent weeks trying to get engineering and product management to accept the fact that last minute sweeping change basically broke everything.  No one wanted to admit it.  Then another week troubleshooting.  In the end, we're back where we were before the changes as we needed to roll back it all.

Can I convince them that this kind of change is not appropriate 1 week before release.  *sigh*  I'm bloody exhausted and we're like a month late.

Edited by Kit

Hammer
11 minutes ago, Kit said:

94 here

Wibble

Spent weeks trying to get engineering and product management to accept the fact that last minute sweeping change basically broke everything.  No one wanted to admit it.  Then another week troubleshooting.  In the end, we're back where we were before the changes as we needed to roll back it all.

Can I convince them that this kind of change is not appropriate 1 week before release.  *sigh*  I'm bloody exhausted and we're like a month late.

Kit, it's been my experience that the higher up's in a company think that they know more than their subordinates do, so the higher up's do what they think is best, but when they do those things and they fail miserably, they end up blaming the subordinates, because, the higher up's talk to their higher up's, so they can say whatever they want, and since you don't get to speak to those people, your facts about what happened, never get heard by the top people.

adiantum

6.8 spring is in the air & the local gardens are bursting with colour.

Magnolias, Daffodils , Lavender & Violets are the most showy .

It's such a pretty season.

TX_Clint

81 today. Son, Daughter-in-law and 3 grandkids are visiting. I'll post a photo when I get a chance

Kit
On 8/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, Hammer said:

Kit, it's been my experience that the higher up's in a company think that they know more than their subordinates do, so the higher up's do what they think is best, but when they do those things and they fail miserably, they end up blaming the subordinates, because, the higher up's talk to their higher up's, so they can say whatever they want, and since you don't get to speak to those people, your facts about what happened, never get heard by the top people.

We're a company of about 30 people total.  There's not a lot in the way of higher ups.  :)  My particular chain of command is product manager and then owner of company.  We've blown through two deadlines now and at this point denial.

And none of that excuses stupid dumb acts like making major changes when we're already behind schedule.  They delayed the second deadline because I was gone (mom's funeral).  No one did diddly squat while I was gone.  Remember that was the second deadline blown.  They made the major breaking changes 2 weeks AFTER I got back, right before deadline number 3, which we failed to meet.

And guess what?  The end of today is deadline number 4.  And I'm still wading my way through all of these issues, finding gotchas and similar.

I'm in bad need of an actual vacation.

adiantum

It was too cold this morning to sit in the office so headed off to the park to warm up.

nights get as low as 2C yet afternoons become 22C  ie 35F to 71F

It helps to keep busy in the mornings.