Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2019 Morning Fasting BG Readings

IrinaHarr
10 hours ago, adiantum said:

It was too cold this morning to sit in the office so headed off to the park to warm up.

nights get as low as 2C yet afternoons become 22C  ie 35F to 71F

It helps to keep busy in the mornings.

We heard about snow in Sydney, then photos of kangaroo in the snow were posted on the news. Is it true you had snowstorm??

FunDad62

Sad to say the end is near for my father after his 3 year battle with Lewy Body Dementia (the same thing Robin Williams had and why he took his own life).  Dad has stopped eating and drinking.  Has not had a drop of water in 7 days now.  The hospice nurse said no more than a week left is her guess.  He and my mother have suffered enough.

Ahnanimus

@FunDad62 I'm sorry that you're about to lose your dad, but I can certainly understand your feelings...its so hard to see our loved ones suffer.

111 for no reason except stress.

adiantum

Hugs FunDad...sad times for you all.

Irina, it snows up in the high country hours away, but never down here on the coast. The region snow was reported  was up  in Katoomba mountains not actually in Sydney .

We sometimes get the cold winds down here from the snow but its usually a mild  Winter even though I complain about it.

9 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

We heard about snow in Sydney, then photos of kangaroo in the snow were posted on the news. Is it true you had snowstorm??

Edited by adiantum

FunDad62

My 17 year old daughter wanted to go see her grandpa one more time so I left work a little early and drove her up there.  We stayed for a couple hours and made the hour drive back home.  Made my heart feel good she wanted to do that.

janice21475

FunDad,

Your daughter is a very special child. I am glad you were able to take her there. For your Mother, your Father's release from his suffering will ease his passing. The loss is always there but she will know he is in a better place. It is so good your were able to take her up there. You do work for a good company to be able to take the time off. Sending loving thoughts, Janice

FunDad62

Tropical stormy type weather here yesterday and this morning.  In Florida.  In August.  Imagine that.  TGIF.

janice21475
2 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

"Tropical stormy type weather here yesterday and this morning.  In Florida.  In August.  Imagine that."

Haven't had a Dr. apt in ages, this morning it is pouring rain! Happily I made it there and back with no problem. Could only go 45 on the hiway, it was raining so hard I couldn't see well. Everyone was doing the same speed so no one got mad at me for poking along. So good to be back home, though The roads are like glass. Think this rain will be here for a few days. Won't complain. I have shut the AC off for a while, it must welcome the rest. I get a rest, too. Don't have to carry water to the  plants.   Take care,